"O lamento dos Veados" competition

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
BCKidd

Re: "O lamento dos Veados" competition

Post by BCKidd »

Faultier wrote:So damn frustrating to track down animals these days. :evil:
I was following 6! max. weight Whitetail tracks and not one of them led me to something better than a 167 scoring deer. most of them were under 120. :roll:
Wonder whats the point of having the skill on lvl 20, when you got the same (or better) chances by just run and gunning or hopping from tent to tent.
Taking the time to track down animals and maxing the associated skills should be more beneficial.
The same thing goes for hogs. I´ve been stalking countless -205 kg pigs and not a single one of them ended up with a score over 1000.

On a positive note all the comps hosted by our highly valued canadian torturer :D are now paying off, and i automatically follow the shots = harvests rule even if it`s not requiered. :lol:

I doubt anyone of the people in charge from ew will take a look at it, but at least i could let off some steam this way :lol:

good luck everyone
:lol: :lol: I do that too... The tracking for critters is certainly off. I agree at lvl 20, what we're seein' damn well should be closer to the high end of things- but it isn't. It is very disappointing to get to lvl 20 in spotting and tracking to only know in the end it doesn't matter, 'cause it doesn't work correctly. Sometimes we have to take a deep breath, shake our noggins, smile and take it in stride. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Well that its relative BCKidd, i used to hunt pheasant a lot, and at lvl 20 in tracking make a whole difference, when you know you have a max weight it also is between the max scoring range, spotting and tracking score they are pretty similar once maxed and highly related, they show something like 27-30 so chances are you get a 28 scoring pheasant or even the 29+. That how i bagged some trophies for comps. But tracking is very off mark in deer species, and also for hogs but so noticeable as for deer, i have tracked max weight Elks and once i found them, they are barely 300 or so, its frustrating, but not for every species.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Nockedup
Hunter

Post by Nockedup »

I was thinking about giving this one a try, so I went to the leaderboard to see what's up on there. I noticed that if you mouse over the Roosevelt Elk image it says "Mule Deer", when you mouse over the Moose image it says 'White-tailed Ptarmigan", when you mouse over the Blacktail Deer image it says "Grey Wolf", and when you mouse over the Whitetail Deer image it says "Grizzly Bear"

It's no big deal, probably just remnants of a past competition template and I doubt that it is messing with the animal scoring. Just thought it was worth pointing out. ;)
Current Season Stats
Spoiler:
Nockedup's Twitch Channel

"Difficult doesn't mean impossible. It simply means that you have to work hard" ~ Theodore Roosevelt
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Faultier wrote:So damn frustrating to track down animals these days. :evil:
I was following 6! max. weight Whitetail tracks and not one of them led me to something better than a 167 scoring deer. most of them were under 120. :roll:
Wonder whats the point of having the skill on lvl 20, when you got the same (or better) chances by just run and gunning or hopping from tent to tent.
Taking the time to track down animals and maxing the associated skills should be more beneficial.
The same thing goes for hogs. I´ve been stalking countless -205 kg pigs and not a single one of them ended up with a score over 1000.

On a positive note all the comps hosted by our highly valued canadian torturer :D are now paying off, and i automatically follow the shots = harvests rule even if it`s not requiered. :lol:

I doubt anyone of the people in charge from ew will take a look at it, but at least i could let off some steam this way :lol:

good luck everyone
It is a long time phenomena in this game. 20/20 and the scoring and tracking are seemingly un-related. Track 85-100 WTs and you could get a spot of high end 125 or 180. Purely random. Level 20 tracking means nothing. You still, after all these years, have to back track on fleeing and roaming animals because the tracks are not closer together as the Wiki says they should be. Level 20 trackers should ALWAYS be able to see the next track within 30 meters..Level 5 people should have to go look for them. Spotting level 20 means nothing as well. At that level, after spotting 1000s of a species, I should get an accurate spot. Of course, their description (forget about 80% or 90% accuracy at different levels) about what spotting gives you is wrong. It is ALWAYS 100% accurate, no matter what your level, because the score is ALWAYS...100% of the time....within the range of the spotted score.

Just another EW product that doesn't work like it should.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
_dfad_
Scout

Post by _dfad_ »

stancomputerhunter wrote:Track 85-100 WTs and you could get a spot of high end 125 or 180. Purely random. Level 20 tracking means nothing.
Absolutely. I play for a year, harvested 331 WTs by now and have level 19 on tracking and level 11 on spotting. My best WT however is only 177 - I have never ever seen bigger one (!), and I have never seen or tracked a single non-typical.

"5 FPS at Picabeen Bay" club ;)
DeadClopz
Outfitter

Post by DeadClopz »

spent wayyyy to much time first hunt looking for a decent moose, and still ended up with a mini.

Faultier
Hunter

Post by Faultier »

:arrow: VonStratos
yes i share the same experience,the bucks with the great racks are mostly the ones with tracks < max. possible weight.
In the past when I followed , for example, a group of mule deer and there was one -135kg and a -140kg among them , the -135 would always be the one with the bigger antlers.
And like you said the same goes for the whitetails aswell.It`s so common that it has to be designed like this , even thought i can`t fully understand the thoughts behind that design.
BCKidd wrote: Sometimes we have to take a deep breath, shake our noggins, smile and take it in stride. ;)
I couldn`t agree more :D .. reading this , i was wondering if there might be a little camera somewhere in my room , because it perfectly describes my common ritual playing the Hunter. :lol:
also , when i was at the end of my little rant i was already in a much better mood than when i started it.I thought it might be too negative, but hit the submit button anyway cause it took so long to translate all the words. :lol:

:arrow: Stan
well said , I guess it`s just another thing to add to the long list of things we have to ingore , to enjoy the game, as we can`t change it. And the people that could change things have other priorities.
and for the spotting skill ...it is also negligible in this comp or for antlered species in general, because (by the time we got that skill up to a useful level and) after a few 100 harvests we know what a decent Buck/Bull looks like and when it is close enough to be spotted we already know if we have a possible trophy in sight.It`s useful for other species and very new players.
Stats
Spoiler:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Nockedup wrote:I was thinking about giving this one a try, so I went to the leaderboard to see what's up on there. I noticed that if you mouse over the Roosevelt Elk image it says "Mule Deer", when you mouse over the Moose image it says 'White-tailed Ptarmigan", when you mouse over the Blacktail Deer image it says "Grey Wolf", and when you mouse over the Whitetail Deer image it says "Grizzly Bear"

It's no big deal, probably just remnants of a past competition template and I doubt that it is messing with the animal scoring. Just thought it was worth pointing out. ;)
I noticed that too. But, I don't think it is messin' with scores. Btw- Nice position on 1st try- Congrats! 8-) Peace,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
mapache01
Outfitter

Post by mapache01 »

Same goes for the Black Tail!! average score is 140 (at lvl 20 ranging 130-160), you really lucky if you find a 140-170 spotting at LEVEL 20 and you end with a 148, you start to drool when you spot a 150-180, 155-190 Buck at LEVEL 20 to end very disappointed with a 155-164 buck , that suck!!
DeadClopz
Outfitter

Post by DeadClopz »

I hate moose at Red Feather Falls. :x :x :x :x

Return to “Competitions”