"O lamento dos Veados" competition

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
DeadClopz
Outfitter

Re: "O lamento dos Veados" competition

Post by DeadClopz »

DYEUZ wrote:
DeadClopz wrote: 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
8-) 8-) 8-) :lol: 8-) 8-) 8-)
8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
Is this a game where i need to find the different face ? ;)
should I have made it more difficult? :lol:
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

... Good laugh . :lol: thx.

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Hunt_Training
Tracker

Post by Hunt_Training »

Thank you to Ze_pikenu for this competition!
I'm not sure I will able to dedicate enough time, but I'll be happy to try (I have registered).

Could you please clarify if Non-Typical Whitetail/Blacktail count (or not, as I guess)?

I've also understood that some hit boxes of the involved species are, let's say, less-than-perfect... :(
Could anybody give some details (which species, which organs)? Or instead those bugs simply make every hit a matter of chance (with no way to try avoiding the worse, i.e. HV not 100%)?
I'm sorry if this sound as a naive question, but I'm quite a new player, and try to learn as much as I can; usually I impute my bad shots only to my poor aim...

I'm sure all players from Brazil will compete at their best, so... Rest of the World, prepare to eight busy days in RF! :)
Meanwhile, my wishes of Best Trophies in 2019 to all of you!
My summary stats (current Hunting Season):
Spoiler:

DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

:arrow: Hunt_Training ... Usually , NT of any species are not accepted , unless mentioned . Would be very surprised if here , they would be .
Bad hitboxes are pretty much for all species if you ask me . So , on every shot on any species , it's a guess to a certain point . some are worse than others . Like the Bears and predators .
If we need to watch out for Brazilians , take note that some Canadians are there also . ;) Even though we are only two so far . :lol:
Best luck and wishes to you also , for 2019 .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Hunt_Training, normally HV would be related to the amount of damage a trophy receive when killed, but due game coding this is not exactly the case for The Hunter, so, to get a high hv what you need the most is "0" wound time, in other words, aim to kill the animal with a instant kill, that can be done with a heart shot or double lung shot. So with no restriction in weapons for this comp other than ethical ammo, just bring the bigger ethical weapon you have to kill in the spot. a slug at 20 mts should drop in the spot an elk with a frontal shot, and still give 90% or more in HV even hitting a lot of organs(i know is weird but so is coded). or a .340 from a long distance works wonders in bears.

From your weapons available i would recommend you, the .300 as main weapon for deer and bear in middle distance(50-180mts) and shotgun for deer and elk in close distance, less than 40mts, the .454 for bears and Elk in close distance too, I wont take a bow unless you are confident in your aiming, because if your fail to hit vitals the animal will ran before you can take a second shot and goodbye HV.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

DYEUZ wrote::arrow: Hunt_Training ... Usually , NT of any species are not accepted , unless mentioned . Would be very surprised if here , they would be .
Bad hitboxes are pretty much for all species if you ask me . So , on every shot on any species , it's a guess to a certain point . some are worse than others . Like the Bears and predators .
If we need to watch out for Brazilians , take note that some Canadians are there also . ;) Even though we are only two so far . :lol:
And we are mighty... :lol: 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Hunt_Training
Tracker

Post by Hunt_Training »

DYEUZ wrote:Hunt_Training ... Usually , NT of any species are not accepted , unless mentioned . Would be very surprised if here , they would be .
Thank you DYEUZ. Even if there should be no official answer by the comp. organizators, I will avoid the tons of Non-Typicals which I'll surely stumble into. :D
And yes, I agree Canadians can be a danger, too; I have read in a signature that they eat people. :o
Be advised, anyway: I'm still alone under my (participant) flag, but won't give up! ;)
VonStratos wrote:Hunt_Training, normally HV would be related to the amount of damage a trophy receive when killed, but due game coding this is not exactly the case for The Hunter, so, to get a high hv what you need the most is "0" wound time, in other words, aim to kill the animal with a instant kill, that can be done with a heart shot or double lung shot. [...] I wont take a bow unless you are confident in your aiming, because if your fail to hit vitals the animal will ran before you can take a second shot and goodbye HV.
Thank you VonStratos for you explanations and suggestions: I will take them into account, also avoiding risks with my Reverse Draw Crossbow (that I was thinking to use).
I'm just not sure that a double lung shot causes an instant kill for every species: I could be wrong, but many of the Roe Deers I meet seem to own a sort of "double life after double lung shots", running and screaming for 7-9 seconds before let me harvest them (with an HV around 90%). I'm happy they are not one of the species in this comp.! Anyway, to be on the safe side, I try brain shots as frequently as possible (by rifles, if they are permitted).

Just a few hours to listen O lamento dos Veados: happy virtual hunting in 2019!
My summary stats (current Hunting Season):
Spoiler:

VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

I would not risk skull shots, letting aside ethics, in practical terms is a risk, even a static deer usually moves their head, and bears too, and with the hitboxes not being the most reliable feature at this moment even a well aimed shot may en being a body shot(skull shot) and the animal will flee, if die the hv will be 0 due wound time, unless you put another following fast shot, but then the hv again would be affected, with a .300 aiming at lungs or chest area you are pretty much guarantied get a instant kill due the raw power of the weapon, just try to wait for the target stop walking. ;)

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Lamphunter
Hunter

Post by Lamphunter »

Thank you for the comp Ze_pikenu! :)
I'm in too.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Tick-Tock Tick-Tock. Soon it'll be time! Good luck to everyone! See ya'll out there. 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.

Return to “Competitions”