"O lamento dos Veados" competition

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Re: "O lamento dos Veados" competition

Post by DYEUZ »

I'm off to celebrate with my family and friends . Talk to you guys next year . :P
Wonder what competing with a hangover, could be like ! :lol:
Happy new year all .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

DYEUZ wrote:I'm off to celebrate with my family and friends . Talk to you guys next year . :P
Wonder what competing with a hangover, could be like ! :lol:
Happy new year all .
Well, from this statement- I guess you're gonna find out! :lol: :lol: Happy New Year to you to DYEUZ and all other competitors. "If you're gonna drink like a fish- swim home". ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

So my first hunt went well. Figured I'd post the three good scoring critters from 1st hunt- realizing after my second submission that the Score-sheet needs all four at the same time...I missed that in the ROE. DOH! So I had to fix that up and finally manged to post all four from one hunt- knocked me down to 2 submissions left, and since last night dropped to fifth place!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Jus' goes to show, no matter the comp- pay attention to the ROE, read it a couple of times even and save yourself a lot of grief. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

But you don't need the 4 in a hunt to submit it, you need the 4 of course to get a fair chance at winning, but you can submit with 3 animals, in fact atm there is a hunt with 3 deer only in the leaderboard.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

:arrow: VonStratos ... I think you are wrong Von. It says on OP '' they need to be in same hunt ''
So two things then , one , the LB is screwed with the 3 animal scores and should not have accepted them or that OP requirement is wrong .
Also, why would anyone submit 3 animals when we need 4 , in same hunt .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

The Leaderboard will accept a hunt with only 3 qualifying animals, or 1 for that matter. Although you won't have much of a chance of placing with less than 4.

The ROE does not specifically say that you have to have all 4, only that the submitted animals must be from the same hunt.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

DYEUZ wrote::arrow: VonStratos ... I think you are wrong Von. It says on OP '' they need to be in same hunt ''
So two things then , one , the LB is screwed with the 3 animal scores and should not have accepted them or that OP requirement is wrong .
Also, why would anyone submit 3 animals when we need 4 , in same hunt .
Tod1d wrote:
Ze_pikenu wrote:
VonStratos wrote:Muito obrigado for the competition, i have a question only, we need at least 1 of each specie in the hunt to be valid?
Yes 8-)
The code doesn't check that all 4 are there. But submitting a hunt with less than 4 would waste a submission.

I think this is what happened, now why someone may put 3 animals instead 4? well, it depends, maybe run out time, or mistake or was willing to spend a submitting chance to put the name in the LB, i was almost about to make that mistake, because i was playing with the species list of the last RFF competition by BCkidd in my mind, so i spent most of the hunt looking for a good bear in my feeder, and i hunted a Black Tail just because he was standing around the area, lol i almost made the most basic mistake, not check the proper animal list. :oops:

ImageImage
FOCRJ
Spotter

Post by FOCRJ »

I have not started yet and are already speaking in first place? haha ha 8-)
Faultier
Hunter

Post by Faultier »

So damn frustrating to track down animals these days. :evil:
I was following 6! max. weight Whitetail tracks and not one of them led me to something better than a 167 scoring deer. most of them were under 120. :roll:
Wonder whats the point of having the skill on lvl 20, when you got the same (or better) chances by just run and gunning or hopping from tent to tent.
Taking the time to track down animals and maxing the associated skills should be more beneficial.
The same thing goes for hogs. I´ve been stalking countless -205 kg pigs and not a single one of them ended up with a score over 1000.

On a positive note all the comps hosted by our highly valued canadian torturer :D are now paying off, and i automatically follow the shots = harvests rule even if it`s not requiered. :lol:

I doubt anyone of the people in charge from ew will take a look at it, but at least i could let off some steam this way :lol:

good luck everyone
Stats
Spoiler:
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Faultier, i get your frustration, i also have had similar experiences specially with WT, the thing is that is not a bug, its by design, the weight is not always related to score, and some species may have a high weight and yet small score or vice versa, but in the case of the White Tail, is strange, because usually(for me at least) the max weight bucks i track end being 140 or so in score, but if i track the ones between 80 and 90 range, they are the high scoring, or at least 160 and more, i don't know if is just coincidence or is coded that between that weight range are the better ones, but i give priority to that range in weight when looking for a good WT.

ImageImage

Return to “Competitions”