Holidays 2018: Mills's Mythological Mania

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

Hi everyone,

This is mostly aimed at the Devs that design these comps/missions but I'd like to know everyone's thoughts when it comes to this.

Requirements: Any neck bone must be shot, other organs may not be hit. One shot. 5 Attempts only.

Sitka Deer Comp requirements is a bit much for just a standard comp don't ya think? with those requirements that's something you would see in a summer fiesta Hardcore Mission pack.
I have a friend that hunts in this game with a vision disability (has one eye) also there are elderly people that hunt in this game as well.
Now since my friend wants to get points for the xmas event he HAS to get an entry in this comp worth 20,000 points, hard to pass up on.
Yet he has to shoot a Sitka Deer in the neck with a Recurve bow not once or twice but THREE times! just to get an entry. ( I can't even help him out because it's a comp not a mission)
I can understand these rules being for something that's not compulsory like Hardcore Missions in the summer fiesta but to have these requirements in just a standard xmas event comp is a bit much IMO.

Your thoughts?
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
Granti
Hunter

Re: Holidays 2018: Mills's Mythological Mania

Post by Granti »

i also thought "hardcore" as i saw it today, its certainly an advanced comp and not for everybody.

on the other hand: isnt something like this comp what many of us wants? a challenge where you need technique and tactic and not just grind to gather the points?

what bothers me more is; that the description of the comp is once again not clear enough. its nowhere said that it has to be a male sitka.

btw: the comp is also open in mp, so you should be able to help?!
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

Granti wrote:i also thought "hardcore" as i saw it today, its certainly an advanced comp and not for everybody.
Yeah agreed.
Granti wrote:on the other hand: isnt something like this comp what many of us wants? a challenge where you need technique and tactic and not just grind to gather the points?
Thus my point before of not having it under a standard xmas comp, should be treated as a hardcore pack or something not for everyone to do to get an entry for points or make the requirement a bit less challenging for everyone.
Granti wrote:what bothers me more is; that the description of the comp is once again not clear enough. its nowhere said that it has to be a male sitka.
Can get an entry with females, I've done so.
Granti wrote:btw: the comp is also open in mp, so you should be able to help?!
No, because if I shoot a deer and my friend goes to pick up the deer it will count as my entry not his. Thus not being able to help like in a mission I could've done it then he harvest the deer and would be counted for him.
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Post by XxStrong1xX »

I agree 300%!!! I already hate that they make you buy certain weapons for event comps but that is a different story. What happened to ethics in this game? I know it is just a game and they want to make it hard. But they have Doc scold us if we ever step out of line and they limit animals by ammo type. Yet they host a comp where they encourage you to make unethical shots? :shock: No ethical hunter would try to shoot the vertebrae of a Sitka deer with a recurve bow.

Also like i have said before some of us have to work for a living and can't grind presents. So I am relying mostly on the comps and missions to try to get the prize I want. But now they are severely limiting my ability to have a chance to get enough points. Just once in 10 years I wish they would get these holiday events right. :roll:

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071
Granti
Hunter

Post by Granti »

Ravenousfox wrote:
Granti wrote:what bothers me more is; that the description of the comp is once again not clear enough. its nowhere said that it has to be a male sitka.
Can get an entry with females, I've done so.
i shold have known better that shoulder blade and head equals organs in ew language:)
Ravenousfox wrote:
Granti wrote:btw: the comp is also open in mp, so you should be able to help?!
No, because if I shoot a deer and my friend goes to pick up the deer it will count as my entry not his. Thus not being able to help like in a mission I could've done it then he harvest the deer and would be counted for him.
that blows; and its against logic what mp is - also - for
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

The prizes that are at stake in this event are very good, taking into consideration previous events.
So the fact that there are competitions or more difficult missions than usual I find it right.
It does not give me the idea of having to give something only if you participate, the prize must be earned and not given.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

I agree . These kind of requirements are a bit exaggerated and a bit to demanding skill wise .
What do they (EW) want to prove ? With the hitboxes screwed up , you might get the shoulder blades a lot !!

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Return to “Competitions”