"1st Annual Sitka Cull 2018" by BCKidd

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
VonStratos
Outfitter

Re: "1st Annual Sitka Cull 2018" by BCKidd

Post by VonStratos »

BCKidd wrote:
caledonianblues wrote:This sounds like fun. I renewed my membership so that I can do some testing for a UHC feature. I might give this a try if I find some time. Just to be clear though, can we harvest other animals as long as we obey the one-shot rule? Apologies if this has been asked in the thread already and I missed it.
That would be very cool to have you play along. Yes you can harvest any animals that you want- there is no limit to that as long as the ROE is followed. 8-) Peace.
stancomputerhunter wrote::arrow: BCKidd

This comp is going to be very difficult to complete in 10 days. Consider this scenario. I go out and find a Sitka weighing 88kg with 100% HV. I have a really good score, and the chances of finding another similar in the same spawn is difficult. But I continue the hunt and find a spot of 70-90kg which is the best spot I can get. If I shoot it and it is only 71kg, my hunt is now ruined because you are forcing me to submit both. I don't have the option of choosing my submissions. Essentially, I have to submit one animal at a time, or suffer the possibility that my next animal will not be heavy enough. So, for me, even though I am retired, it will take a long time to find a weight worthy trophy in 20 separate hunts, because each time my FIRST kill is no good weight wise, I have to quit, and then wait 30 minutes and do it all over again. There is no assurance my first animal will weigh at least 80+ kg. Many, many restarts to complete 20 scores. I can't look at the rack. A 112 score on the leaderboard only weighs 71kg.

This is going to be really difficult, in my opinion.
I don't want it to be easy. Perhaps I could have the comp start sooner and add an extra couple of days. Let's see what others have to say. The comp must end tho' on Christmas Eve. So, it'll either be the way it is or I will move the comp up to an earlier start date. Thoughts? ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

That would be good, the competition results gonna depend on each participant time and strategy a lot, by example, to simply get a place in the leaderboard a competitor need just one hunt and get 20 deers, or 3 or 4, but a picky player trying get really big scores may end doing many hunts and just trying get 1 or 2 very big sitka in each, spending more time looking for those trophies, now that's pretty much like in any other comp, but the other factor is that irl is Christmas soon, so i bet many of us will have less time at day to spend in the game due irl needs with the family, work, and getting presents(real ones not event collectables :P ) so more days allow for more chances for people to make good attempts at the competition, that is what i think. :)

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

:arrow: VonStratos ... Be careful Von . You are talking about big scores and trophies . This comp is with WEIGHT ! So , a big Sitka of 100+ can be 70 kgs and be considered no good in this comp . ;)

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

DYEUZ wrote::arrow: VonStratos ... Be careful Von . You are talking about big scores and trophies . This comp is with WEIGHT ! So , a big Sitka of 100+ can be 70 kgs and be considered no good in this comp . ;)

Ah good point, my bad, but i tend to call trophy to any animal that can win me a comp, not only when they are scored by antlers, and is good to notice if i confused someone that this comp is about weight + hv, a heavy sitka that run far away probably wont score as much as a decent one drop in their tracks, that said, does someone remember the max weight of sitka deer? because i don't. :oops:

ImageImage
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

VonStratos wrote: does someone remember the max weight of sitka deer? because i don't. :oops:
They max out at 90 kgs . could spot them at 95kgs if low skills / levels , but never saw higher than 90 .
Got just now a 89.2kgs / 107 score . ;)

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Thoughts. My thought would be to reduce the number of required animals in 10 days, perhaps 12 or 13, even 15. It would reduce the time to complete (let's say you change to 13) 13 animals one hunt at a time. I know there are those who fall out of bed in these comps and get nothing but big animals. That's not me. Pretty sure I'm going to have to submit one at a time, and even then I won't win, but I'd like to try. 20 just seems like a lot.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Ideally, "The first 20 Sitka" would count every one you harvest. But, the limitations of a 3rd party site means I can only check when you submit something. So you can choose not to submit a hunt, making this one just a little bit "easier" than intended.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
DeadClopz
Outfitter

Post by DeadClopz »

Sounds fun. Surprised you didn't put all 20 in one hunt, you get what you get. Oh and not less than 50 m. No scope and one shot one kill. plus one dead bison under 10m with any bow. (also 1 shot one kill, and can't not be allowed to die.....
Come on BC, you're slipping. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

DeadClopz wrote:Sounds fun. Surprised you didn't put all 20 in one hunt, you get what you get. Oh and not less than 50 m. No scope and one shot one kill. plus one dead bison under 10m with any bow. (also 1 shot one kill, and can't not be allowed to die.....
Come on BC, you're slipping. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You didn't hear- you have to get 'em all with the 10mm Pistol @ 50 m. :lol: :lol: Well hey it is Xmas I figure most is gonna be dippin' into the eggnog. It isn't gonna be easy. After reading the few post regarding time etc., it will still go from the 14th to 24th, it'll still be 20 Sitka. As Tod mentioned you don't have to submit hunts, only if you like what you got. I figure 10 days is enough time. I do appreciate the feed back regarding time, and I will certainly take that into account with the next animal cull comp. ;) Hope this doesn't deter folks from participating. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Can we get the candy bar rifle added to the permitted list for the competition? :lol:

ImageImage
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

VonStratos wrote:Can we get the candy bar rifle added to the permitted list for the competition? :lol:
I always thought the .30-30 shot candy bars... :roll:
Image Image Image

Return to “Competitions”