"1st Annual Sitka Cull 2018" by BCKidd

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
DeadClopz
Outfitter

Re: "1st Annual Sitka Cull 2018" by BCKidd

Post by DeadClopz »

stancomputerhunter wrote:
DeadClopz wrote:
DYEUZ wrote: What do you mean ?
I've used the 6.5x55 so far and it's been great .
I'm a cheap *******, I don't own that one. LOL
Wow! "skate" got censored! :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Yes, we will go with "skate" :?

DeadClopz
Outfitter

Post by DeadClopz »

DYEUZ wrote:
DeadClopz wrote:
DYEUZ wrote: What do you mean ?
I've used the 6.5x55 so far and it's been great .
I'm a cheap *******, I don't own that one. LOL
What are you using ?
I have been using both the 30-30 and the .243. They just don't drop the sitkas like my 7mill. Between the screwy hit boxes that first show lung/heart blood at impact to a nothing showing on the harvest map and claims "body" shot to a one lung hit and a 0 HV (where my 7 mill would be a double lung instant kill 8 out of 10 times) This comp is making me run out of Jello..... LOL

BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

DeadClopz wrote:
DYEUZ wrote:
DeadClopz wrote: I'm a cheap *******, I don't own that one. LOL
What are you using ?
I have been using both the 30-30 and the .243. They just don't drop the sitkas like my 7mill. Between the screwy hit boxes that first show lung/heart blood at impact to a nothing showing on the harvest map and claims "body" shot to a one lung hit and a 0 HV (where my 7 mill would be a double lung instant kill 8 out of 10 times) This comp is making me run out of Jello..... LOL
Pudding shots next maybe... I used the 30.30 once and I will admit it sucked on the Sitka, haven't used the .243 or .303 yet, I'm usin' the Panther and it works well... some of the time. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
DeadClopz
Outfitter

Post by DeadClopz »

BCKidd wrote:
Pudding shots next maybe...

BCKidd.
Recommend any particular flavors? 8-)

BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Chocolate and Baileys liqueur... :lol: ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
DeadClopz
Outfitter

Post by DeadClopz »

BCKidd wrote:Chocolate and Baileys liqueur... :lol: ;) Peace.

BCKidd.
:o :o :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Long time without a proper hunt, i had 5 sitka in a run, the first 4 went smoothly with lung shot and nice hv score, the fifth went with a body shot, and the shoot was well aimed but hit the shoulder blade, i almost throw my keyboard thinking about how it would need a second shoot, damm there went the hv to zero, but at least it died and didn't ruin my hunt. So i got 1/4 of the job done in a day, and all with the free and reliable .243 8-)

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

This is the first time I've enjoyed having the Blazer in my rack - I've dropped them like a sack of rocks with it- and it's got a great scope too. The trick is this - I don't call the deer oddly enough, trying a frontal shot on them is risky, VERY small window between the legs and armor plating. I spot them and maneuver into a broadside position and I do a lot of crawling on my belly, it's worth the extra effort especially for a good score. They start and stop a lot so it's easy to wait for a good clear position to take them in a stationary position. If you call them you'll have 3-5 does walking in on you which is fine in a TS but you're not going to get great production numbers over time sitting in a tree.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
BearJohnson
Hunter

Post by BearJohnson »

I did the whole comp with the .243 - mostly from the treestand, mostly frontal shots (I always aim at the bottom of the light spot on the neck - or angle for the heart - or spine shot center shoulder from above) The .243 did well by me.

I call and scent...
I may be a noob... but I still have fun!
Trigger time = FUN!

JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

This comp has renewed my affection for WRR. It's just an outstanding part of this game, it truly is. It's a shame it took such a beating at the beginning, because I think we would somehow view it differently if it had been an easier birth.

I've botched every hunt so far but I'm having a blast in the meantime. Dall Sheep, Bison, Rabbits, Foxes, Polar Bears. And Sitka. Awesome. I'm using the 6.5x55 Bolt Action Black "Panther," and like Radamus with the Blaser I'm loving it. Even the sound is great, and the put down power is just out of this solar system. Great Joy To All and a Very Merry Christmas Girls!!! See you at the finish line friends, and foes.... :)

It would be nice if we could all meet for a beer after this. It would make my day. Good hunting all, and good luck!

Return to “Competitions”