"1st Annual Sitka Cull 2018" by BCKidd

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
Radamus
Master Hunter

Re: "1st Annual Sitka Cull 2018" by BCKidd

Post by Radamus »

Good Job Difunto! and pulling that off with a 243 is all the more amazing. You did the hard work it required to achieve a great score and it's just rewards! Grats to all!
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

This competition has Officially ended. Thank you all for your participation. Winners will be announced shortly. I'll leave you with this: Merry Christmas to each and everyone of you. May all your wishes and dreams come true- in 2019. Respect to all. 8-)

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

What happened HottieBoss? You had a deer to pass me up????

Well I think I squeaked by to hit my target of top 10! I may have had the least amount of time invested of all but honestly just too many things going on IRL and only had the last few days to invest but I hit the goal of filling out my score card. Sometimes that has to be good enough.

The best part was seeing my friend Lamphunter on the podium! Good job buddy! and anytime I can make the same screen without scrolling as Big D is a good finish :D

BC, As wagered and you kicking my butt, I'm anxiously awaiting your next book that you get to pick out! Bring it on!
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

The Winners of this competition are as follows:
1st Place and taking home the Gold & 3000EM$-Difunto. Congratulations and Merry Christmas!

2nd Place and taking home the Silver & 2000EM$-Sebusmalinowski. Congratulations and Merry Christmas!

3rd Place and taking home the Bronze & 1000EM$- Lamphunter. Congratulations and Merry Christmas!

4th Place and taking home the Hematite & 500EM$- DYEUZ. Congratulations and Merry Christmas!

Trophies designed by Caledonianblues will be sent to the winners in the coming days. Congratulations to everyone who posted scores. A big thanks to DYEUZ for his sponsorship and to Tod for his time in coding and UHC Staff who makes these things possible. Thank you! Merry Christmas to all. ;) Peace be with each and everyone of you. 'Til next time- Keep it real!
BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

DeadClopz wrote:Well BC, I'd say that was FUN, but........ LOL It was more like torture. LOL
Keep up the good work :) LOL
Indeed I will thnx- DC! I hope to see you put some time into the next one too. 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Competing against the best ain't an easy thing . I'm glad with 4th .
Grats again to the winners and all that tried it . Bigger grats to all that managed to enter 20 .
Tyvm to UHC and Brian .Awesome team they make .

Side note : I did not check all the rare Sitka yet , but i know for a fact , that Difunto got a Melanistic #20 Sitka and he told me to keep it for a next bonus in a future comp .
Really sport of him and i will make sure to tell you guys when it will be offered .

Have a safe Holiday time guys .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

A disclaimer that is going to be used in next comp. I wanted to post it here- maybe get some feed back. I also have changed the "Cool Down Rule" it is under Spoiler 2.
Spoiler:
*Disclaimer: By registering for this competition; You fully understand the Rules of Engagement (ROE). You agree to follow the ROE. You understand that no warnings or DQs will be handed out during the competition- Any DQ’s will be confirmed at the end of this competition- winning positions will certainly be DQ’d.
Spoiler:
**Special Requirements: Hunts must be 30 min real time (1 hour in Game) Any hunt started less than 30 minutes after a hunt that is less than 30 minutes can not be submitted. You must have a cool down period of 30 minutes. No Spawn Mashing.
Hunts less than 2 minutes with no distance traveled, no animals spotted or tracked (such as disconnects, can't connect to server) won't count toward this rule.
Feed back on either or both would be cool. :D Peace.

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

BCKidd wrote:buy four licenses- 'cause that is all we're huntin' next time- 4 different species- one of each, one reserve. Sounds :P simple.
BCKidd.
I don't understand BCK, next time is 4 species in 1 reserve...last time was 1 species in 1 reserve..doesn't sound simpler to me..just sayin'. I know I 'm going to look like a constant complainer, but do they have to be so complicated, and long?

Half-way through the last registration period you were complaining about the number of entrants. A few numbers on this last one.

75 people registered.
35 people posted a score for at least one animal
17 of the 35 posted less than half the number of required scores, and one person posted 11 of 20.
3 of the remaining 16 participants didn't finish 20, meaning thirteen out of 75 registrants, and 35 participants managed to finish the required grind.

The winner readily admitted that he spent 80 hours on this comp. In the US that is a full-time job for 2 weeks, and you allowed only 10 days. I think there's a reason this participation was so low. I don't know about you, but I'm retired, and have no interest in working the equivalent of a full-time job in order to win $30 or less. The compensation for me has to be fun, and working on that comp for just three days was not fun.

I'm sorry if you are offended, but I think someone has to point out the other side of these things. I don't expect anyone to agree with me, at least not publicly, and I understand that.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

First, congratulations to the winners and the rest, and Merry Christmas :)

Now as feedback, regard to spoiler one, what i understand is, if somebody break a rule, by example the 30min cool down, and in that invalid hunt get an animal that make him/her win, he will be dq at the end of the competition once the results get checked? if so by all means people, read the rules, and get familiar with them, specially new competitors, pay attention when launching hunts for the competition, i think it may allow the hosts check more easily any inconsistency in the leaderboard once a comp is finished, but also require the players make less mistakes, mistakes happens, i guess the best feedback would come of try this in a competition and see, for the usual players used to the rules doesn't change anything i think since already know the base rules.

I think that is the rule that everyone should memorize the most, is the more probable cause of mistakes an invalid scores i think, because in the rush to launch a hunt and get more or better animals people may forget to await the 30mins after a disconnect, or so, i don't see a great change here so my feedback would be, this rules is good as is, just remember it and there should be no problems, and i like the 2 mins extension and the non animals spotting, my launcher is taking longer since the last patch to get me in the maps, don't know why.

Btw: stancomputerhunter i think you are looking at the competition "Lamento os Veados" sorry if is misspelled, that is from fellows from Brazil, not the next of BCKidd, he is planning something cruel with shotguns. ;)

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

VonStratos wrote: Btw: stancomputerhunter i think you are looking at the competition "Lamento os Veados" sorry if is misspelled, that is from fellows from Brazil, not the next of BCKidd, he is planning something cruel with shotguns. ;)
A direct quote from BCK.
BCKidd wrote:You will be happy to know my next comp will require any slug ammo. So, yes guest will be able to participate in that one as well- providing they have the GM$ to buy four licenses- 'cause that is all we're huntin' next time- 4 different species- one of each, one reserve. Sounds :P simple. I hope I'll see your name on the LB! ;) Respect. BCKidd.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29

Return to “Competitions”