"1st Annual Sitka Cull 2018" by BCKidd

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
DeadClopz
Outfitter

Re: "1st Annual Sitka Cull 2018" by BCKidd

Post by DeadClopz »

I've accepted my .243 unconditionally with open arms, even if it only identifies itself as a glorified BB gun.
I know it will never win anything, All I ask is that it be acknowledged that is did try, and at the end of the competition it gets a participation award.

VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

The .243 was a fair weapon, not the best probably, but well aimed and int distances below 150 mts is very competent, sure, one bad shot and is a "0" hv, or too far and is a shoulder blade, but still was a good weapon, was my only one in the permitted list so i did the whole comp with the .243, is a competent weapon, my poor results are not fault of the rifle but me, i took any animal i could in a hurry, in hands of a better competitor this weapon would have been all what is needed to get a podium. 8-)

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

It certainly ain't done for everyone. I'll finish up this weekend- and wouldn't you know it that I entered the 3 with the .300 and had to shoot a nice buck with it to put me in a good position for that comp. It would have been nice to add it to the LB. Typical... Glad you are all havin' fun. I wonder how many Sitka in total have been harvested by the competitors since comp start. Isn't there a few stat nuts in this comp- maybe one of 'em could come up with a number. It would be neat to know. Anyway, headin' to WRR now. See ya out there. Rad you better pull up your under-roos... :P :P ;) Respect.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Man, this comp really wasn't easy. I still need five fatties- but ain't finding any- anywhere. You all must've harvested them all. :lol: :P ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
sebusmalinowski
Tracker

Post by sebusmalinowski »

Hi, I just finished. Thank you BCKidd for the exhausting competition. I had a long break from the game, but I think I'm back. Congratulations to Difunto, an amazing result, and congratulations to all those who took part in the fight against Sitka deer.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Grats Sebus! I wasn't sure you were going to pull it out but sure enough there you are!

@BCKidd~ OK buddy, looks like you'll be picking out my next book which is good. I just finished up a good read one of my customers gave me that he had a personal connection to called "Bringing Columbia Home" All about the crash of the space shuttle Columbia that broke up on reentry over Texas and Louisiana. He was part of the reconstruction team at KSC. Quite an amazing story.

I've got a bit of work to do but here's a highlight from earlier today. I had some dud sitka in the bag but got sidetracked with some big curly horned sheep. Not sure but this is close to if not my PB - 202.7

and here's a picture from a place I've been through 100 times but the sky, the light, everything made it appear so amazing I had to run back to my tent and grab the camera.

"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Very nice pics, Rad. That is a nice DS. I shot one with the .300 yesterday one-shot at 335 mt, my PB lng distance shot with it. That .300 tho' is good for snipin'. I finally managed to add two more Sitka to my roster, 3 left to get and it'll all be over for me. I'm quite surprised at some of the scores- holy crap! Wasn't expectin' to see scores like that! Quite impressive. 8-) ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

What's your secret Sebusmalinowksi? You regularly start these comps when they are half done, and still manage to find nothing but high scores in half the time, and finish in the top 3, 98% of the time. I'd like to know your secret. Are you willing to tell? It doesn't matter what reserve, or what species. Please tell me. I have a higher spotting skill than you, and the same tracking skill for Sitkas. I know where the Sitkas spawn, just as you do, apparently, but in 3 days I found only 3 that spotted 75-90, and only 1 that scored above 80, so I figured as I said from the beginning it was going to be a tough road to get 20 in 10 days that would score enough.

Congrats to those who ground it out and finished, and congrats to the winners.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Better watch out BC! All I need is to find a 270kg Sitka and your butt is mine!!! :D

Ya know, my spotting isn't htat high on sitka, lvl9 - But when you see a buck spotting to 120, 65-85kg, you would expect decent one - but no, was a 66kg :lol: ~ That's what kills me about this thing, ya just never know.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Radamus wrote:Better watch out BC! All I need is to find a 270kg Sitka and your butt is mine!!! :D

Ya know, my spotting isn't htat high on sitka, lvl9 - But when you see a buck spotting to 120, 65-85kg, you would expect decent one - but no, was a 66kg :lol: ~ That's what kills me about this thing, ya just never know.
I don't know how many I saw like that. It totally blows when you harvest one to only find out it is even below the low end in weight. I managed a nice 110 earlier, and decided not to push my luck- so I posted it and a crappy 77 kg, I think. Yep, you jus' never know what the game/hunt will throw at you. I haven't visited any other reserve since the kick-off of this comp. Once I post my last SItka, I'm gonna take out my shiny new Scout-elite and get some kills. I bought that damn thing when it 1st came available and haven't even fired a shot yet. Soon tho... ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

Keep it real!

Return to “Competitions”