"1st Annual Sitka Cull 2018" by BCKidd

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
DeadClopz
Outfitter

Re: "1st Annual Sitka Cull 2018" by BCKidd

Post by DeadClopz »

BCKidd wrote:Sorry about that DC- I didn't think to point out that the .308 Rival or Wolfsbane takes rifle ammo- and therefore not on my weapons list. That is why it isn't allowing you to submit it. The Referee :oops: says "sorry". I will certainly point that out if I have another comp whereas there is a weapons selection and all ethical handguns are allowed. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.
It's all good, just glad I could help with setting up future comps. :lol:

BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

VonStratos wrote:Well this is one of those tricky matters of the game, the weapon was a ethical handgun... with a non permitted ammo, cant put the blame in DeadClopz imo, i also could have think of use the sitkas to level that weapon and get some sitka for the comp, i think an edit to clarify that the .308 handgun is not valid may save somebody else a wasted hunt. ;)
Yes, I agree. I should've considered this scenario. It is too late to add- but we can have the front page edited, to prevent this from happening again. Tod, or any other mod can you please edit my first page? Beside any ethical handgun please add "except
all .308 pistol versions."
Thanks. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Mistakes happens :) i dare to say that probably many of us were only thinking about the classic .357 and .44 revolvers when we saw that handguns were allowed, or maybe the 10mm, but probably most members have that classic pair of revolvers and were the first in mind.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
DeadClopz
Outfitter

Post by DeadClopz »

I'll admit, I didn't even think about looking on wiki and on rifle ammo page, I just looked at my handguns and matched ethical ammo under sitka. was tired of my puny .243 and the lousy hitting power of the 30-30. Saw the wolfbane and knew it's power against the werewolf...

JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

DeadClopz wrote:I'll admit, I didn't even think about looking on wiki and on rifle ammo page, I just looked at my handguns and matched ethical ammo under sitka. was tired of my puny .243 and the lousy hitting power of the 30-30. Saw the wolfbane and knew it's power against the werewolf...
Try a 6.5x55mm rifle DeadClopz. You will be very pleasantly surprised. There is no horsing around after plugging a Sitka with that ammo, I can assure you. Like a bag of sand.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

JimboCrow wrote:This comp has renewed my affection for WRR. It's just an outstanding part of this game, it truly is. It's a shame it took such a beating at the beginning, because I think we would somehow view it differently if it had been an easier birth.

I've botched every hunt so far but I'm having a blast in the meantime. Dall Sheep, Bison, Rabbits, Foxes, Polar Bears. And Sitka. Awesome. I'm using the 6.5x55 Bolt Action Black "Panther," and like Radamus with the Blaser I'm loving it. Even the sound is great, and the put down power is just out of this solar system. Great Joy To All and a Very Merry Christmas Girls!!! See you at the finish line friends, and foes.... :)

It would be nice if we could all meet for a beer after this. It would make my day. Good hunting all, and good luck!
Right on Jumbo! If those who've come along since WRR was laid on us they have no idea the struggles we went through but thanks to a lot of way smarter people than I we've got a great reserve in the great white north! This was the reserve that almost killed the game. But thanks to Pretty Boy, David and Fletchette they went to work on it and they saved it - We were lucky to have people at EW willing to try new things and make it happen. Yep, those were some really dark and desperate times and it's these things to look back on and appreciate just how good we do have it some times. WRR certainly rates as one of my favorites for sure because for those of us with not the BEST eye's it's a fun place to hunt. It was also HUGE at the time it came out but after TGT, HUGE was redefined ;)
DeadClopz wrote:
Tod1d wrote:
DeadClopz wrote:Why does it say hunt invalid when I went to submit? I used a handgun
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/dead ... /630498889
Because the .308 ammo is on the Rifle page, and I only programmed it to accept the .357, 10mm, & .44.

If I allow the .308 ammo for the handgun, that means it will also be allowed for the .308 rifle as well. We'll need a referee call on that one.
Well crap, well, at least I know now.
Maybe in the future when listing weapons to use, to point that out under handguns. I'm just glad it was just a one deer hunt and didn't shoot multiple deer in that one hunt. LOL
I got toasted on this once in one of David's comps because I like the Rival and use it a lot - Good to see this because I've been packing it but with the Blazer working so well I've not pulled it - Glad this didn't mess me up - Thanks DC :D
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
DeadClopz
Outfitter

Post by DeadClopz »

Radamus wrote: I got toasted on this once in one of David's comps because I like the Rival and use it a lot - Good to see this because I've been packing it but with the Blazer working so well I've not pulled it - Glad this didn't mess me up - Thanks DC :D
Glad I could help! :lol:

VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

What happened in WRR? i took a break off the game just some time WRR was released, after some time i came back and there was comments about WRR being a disaster but was fixed, i never knew what happened with WRR release but i can assume was very bad, because i was surprised to found an El Bisonte revolver as gift in my account, i didn't knew why, except i read that was as compensation for something apparently related to WRR or so, and must have been a very big thing to give away a weapon that was the most powerful handgun at that time, well still is, but i never knew what happened, it seems to me like that things one don't want to talk about, except in whispers in the darkness of a Bar.

I don't know what it was, but i am glad that got solved, because WRR is a top 3 in my favorites reserves, and a great hunting place, i think is hard to find someone that don't like that reserve.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

VonStratos wrote:What happened in WRR? i took a break off the game just some time WRR was released, after some time i came back and there was comments about WRR being a disaster but was fixed, i never knew what happened with WRR release but i can assume was very bad, because i was surprised to found an El Bisonte revolver as gift in my account, i didn't knew why, except i read that was as compensation for something apparently related to WRR or so, and must have been a very big thing to give away a weapon that was the most powerful handgun at that time, well still is, but i never knew what happened, it seems to me like that things one don't want to talk about, except in whispers in the darkness of a Bar.

I don't know what it was, but i am glad that got solved, because WRR is a top 3 in my favorites reserves, and a great hunting place, i think is hard to find someone that don't like that reserve.
Way too much for this thread - if you are really interested- here's a small part - 48 pages :lol: And this isn't the half of it my friend, not even close.

https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.p ... R+crashing
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Yep, the big Vista fiasco. It was WRR I believe that ended theHunter Classic for a lot of Vista users- we had to upgrade to windows 7 or not be able to play...I think it was WRR, hmmm maybe it was TgT! Anyway, yeah it was a bit deal. We did get the El' Bisonte because of WRR issues. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.

Return to “Competitions”