"1st Annual 2 of Each Comp." by BCKidd.

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
BCKidd

Re: "1st Annual 2 of Each Comp." by BCKidd.

Post by BCKidd »

DYEUZ wrote:Bringing this to your attention : Tod / BCKidd.
Just submitted a hunt , where i had my second Bear . The first one of 23.7 is no longer visible .
I should have now : a 27.3 + a 24.4 Bear , on LB .

Also, improved one Wolf . I should have : a 16.1 + a 15.984 , not the 15.827 .

Elks also . I should have : the new 342 + 326 , not the 317 .

Grand total also is missing couple decimals , because of that .
ty
:arrow: DYEUZ, when Tod comes around hopefully he'll take a look at this. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

yes, tyvm .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Turboyota wrote:Only one real try until now but I am having fun so far. Got one good 363 elk to build upon but I saw another really big one right as he spooked because of me. He didn't run far and I gave chase. He was nervous now and didn't react to my calls. But a small cow did and closed in on me from behind. As she came closer and closer I turned around for roughly 20 seconds to scare her away. Well, enough to lose my big male in the woods. I can't believe that I didn't find his tracks. I must have gotten totally confused by turning around for the cow that I absolutely mixed up the place where I saw him with another similar looking batch of trees. And of course to my luck there were also two female grizzlies and a pack of wolves right in the path of the elk which he took the last time I saw him.

I botched my second try already with the first elk. Body shot and off into the woods. Well, time to run through the reserve and set up two tents then for my next hunts. I put the first tent in a good place in the mountains and fast traveled to the Everfall Lodge. Roughly 2 and a half kilometers to my desired tent spot. Started spotify and ran along the road to my target. Just 300 meters to go and loudly singing and dancing along in my chair I heard something very similar to a grizzly roar mixing in with the song I was listening too. No time to react, 2 seconds later the screen turned red and I lay critically wounded on the road without a first aid kid. Attacked me from behind the sneaky ******* and very rude. That second tent has to wait now, can't be bothered at the moment to run that again.

I look forward to my next tries. The ptarmigans already give me nightmares and now I must also look for "kevlar bushes" :D
Very nice comp BCKidd!!!!

When dealing with does while stalking a male, never try scare them away, if they run will scare anything around, even if they don't flee towards the male, the trick is to try to make semi circle that allow you get away from the does but still keep track of the male, and don't use a caller until your prey is off the "nervous" state, it wont attract the animal, but can attract females that were around. Well now you don't need to worry for anything else than, female intruders, grizzly attacks, kevlar bushes, invisible rocks or trees, but that's all... oh right the Ptarmigans only have hunter value when they are taken with airshot... and then we have the one shot rule. :D

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Sulfurblade
Hunter

Post by Sulfurblade »

VonStratos wrote:
Turboyota wrote:Only one real try until now but I am having fun so far. Got one good 363 elk to build upon but I saw another really big one right as he spooked because of me. He didn't run far and I gave chase. He was nervous now and didn't react to my calls. But a small cow did and closed in on me from behind. As she came closer and closer I turned around for roughly 20 seconds to scare her away. Well, enough to lose my big male in the woods. I can't believe that I didn't find his tracks. I must have gotten totally confused by turning around for the cow that I absolutely mixed up the place where I saw him with another similar looking batch of trees. And of course to my luck there were also two female grizzlies and a pack of wolves right in the path of the elk which he took the last time I saw him.

I botched my second try already with the first elk. Body shot and off into the woods. Well, time to run through the reserve and set up two tents then for my next hunts. I put the first tent in a good place in the mountains and fast traveled to the Everfall Lodge. Roughly 2 and a half kilometers to my desired tent spot. Started spotify and ran along the road to my target. Just 300 meters to go and loudly singing and dancing along in my chair I heard something very similar to a grizzly roar mixing in with the song I was listening too. No time to react, 2 seconds later the screen turned red and I lay critically wounded on the road without a first aid kid. Attacked me from behind the sneaky ******* and very rude. That second tent has to wait now, can't be bothered at the moment to run that again.

I look forward to my next tries. The ptarmigans already give me nightmares and now I must also look for "kevlar bushes" :D
Very nice comp BCKidd!!!!

When dealing with does while stalking a male, never try scare them away, if they run will scare anything around, even if they don't flee towards the male, the trick is to try to make semi circle that allow you get away from the does but still keep track of the male, and don't use a caller until your prey is off the "nervous" state, it wont attract the animal, but can attract females that were around. Well now you don't need to worry for anything else than, female intruders, grizzly attacks, kevlar bushes, invisible rocks or trees, but that's all... oh right the Ptarmigans only have hunter value when they are taken with airshot... and then we have the one shot rule. :D
Yep any doe and or cow or female in general get an up close and personal handshake from my crossbow / Compound bow.... of course there are the situations where the female sneaks up while the Male is in earshot of a crossbow then you have to tactically move slowly but gracefully upwind and away till you get your safe shot...
Turboyota

Post by Turboyota »

VonStratos wrote: When dealing with does while stalking a male, never try scare them away, if they run will scare anything around, even if they don't flee towards the male, the trick is to try to make semi circle that allow you get away from the does but still keep track of the male, and don't use a caller until your prey is off the "nervous" state, it wont attract the animal, but can attract females that were around.
Hm, maybe that was the problem. I thought it will be safe to scare her away. The male was roughly 150 meters away and the doe came directly from behind. I crouched to her until I could give her a kiss. Not calling nervous animals is a good tip though.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Another way to deal with them is use a lure scent, you place the scent and the does go to that spot, letting you go after the male, is good to carry some scent for specific situations like that, to lure or use as distraction.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Sulfurblade
Hunter

Post by Sulfurblade »

My Second Ram should be 166 not 146 the wrong ram was replaced???
And my Second bear is also wrong!

https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/sulf ... /625688371 (Ram)

The Bear is one of these two:
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/sulf ... /625681559
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/sulf ... /625807770
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

I'm in the (real) woods hunting (real) deer right now.
I'll take a look at the scoresheet this evening.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Holy crap! Did the LB ever change since yesterday. Nicely done xOEDrangonx! ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

PS: So, once Tod gets to a computer he will address the submitted hunts folks are having issues with- if there are errors in the coding, he'll fix 'em. ;)

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Tanngnjostr wrote:Congrats to 30k HS, BCKidd!

Oh man, these mountain areas in TGT are done in such a sloppy way, it's just no fun. A lot of small rocky steps that you can't climb and invisible rocks that you have to be aware of when shooting. Sounds everywhere, all the time - wings flapping and sheep walking - but even though they seem to be around the corner, they might as well be 100 meters aways. (No Len, it's not 50 meters, for some reason the sheep footsteps can be heard out to eighty or even one hundred). I'm afraid the one-shot-one-kill rule pretty much breaks it for me this time because of the birds. You can hardly see ptarms on the ground and shooting them in the air is very risky, even more so with the stutter that happens from time to time. I can enjoy hunting those birds for fun when a miss doesn't matter, but with these rules it's too tough for me. I'm sorry BCKidd... I would've loved to post a score - even more so since my membership runs out in two weeks and it's likely my last community comp - but I'm afraid I probably won't make it. I see some fine scores on the leaderboard already - kudos to you, guys, and good luck! :)
I understand, Tann. Wish you weren't leaving tho'. :( Peace.

BCKidd.

Keep it real!

Return to “Competitions”