"1st Annual 2 of Each Comp." by BCKidd.

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
VonStratos
Outfitter

Re: "1st Annual 2 of Each Comp." by BCKidd.

Post by VonStratos »

BCKidd wrote:
BearJohnson wrote:I'm signed up!
and practicing... haha
Yeah, practice up. I know I am. Tryin' to find a suitable weapon to give me 100% HV and as close to 100% CSS is quite the task. I can get 100% HV easily enough, but the CSS...well that is a different story. Not by any means is that easily done, and yeah, the ptarmigan they're likely gonna be the toughest to get good CSS value. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

I haven't tried in a long time to hunt Ptarmigans, but since is ground valid i was thinning to bring my Plinkington, in turkeys it one shot them and with 95% or even 100%, but then i went to check the Pheasant and all of my pheasant had 0% hv with the Plink, what a difference , and instant kill too, but a shotgun with bird shot at 20mts got 100%... i don't know much about weapons and bullets but i think at 20 meters is hard not make some damage at all on the bird integrity even with bird shot, maybe this call for the air rifle, but i don't have one.

Now wont it will be hilarious if the competition is won by a Ptarmigan hv score making the difference? :twisted:

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

That is a distinct possibility. It could go that way, but, I'm not sure anyone who shoots them on the ground, unless they are at least 60+m. away do I think they'll make 100% CSS, unless .22 GH pistol or air gun is used. From the air however might be different- also a greater chance to miss a shot. I'm actually quite interested to see how it'll all play out. Another thing could be the long bow on the ground- for the Ptarmigan, arrows might not do as much damage. It'll all be revealed as the comp proceeds next week I guess... ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

I just shot one on the ground with the parker. 0 HV :(
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Tod1d wrote:I just shot one on the ground with the parker. 0 HV :(
Hasn't it always been that way? Ground shot birds (except turkey) have a HV of zero. So if you want to win this thing, you'll have to shoot them in the air. Fair enough if you ask me...
Image Image Image
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
Hasn't it always been that way? Ground shot birds (except turkey) have a HV of zero. So if you want to win this thing, you'll have to shoot them in the air. Fair enough if you ask me...
You may be right. So all ground shot birds, regardless of weapon / distance give HV 0? We probably should note that in the ROE, since ground shots are allowed.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Tod1d wrote:
Tanngnjostr wrote:
You may be right. So all ground shot birds, regardless of weapon / distance give HV 0? We probably should note that in the ROE, since ground shots are allowed.
What! Are you serious- ground shot birds don't give any HV. That can't be right...can it. :shock: Damn. Oh well the option is there in the air or on the ground. You can go ahead and add that tid-bit to the front page Tod. I didn't know that- would never have added 'em in that case. I suck at air shots. :lol: :lol: Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

BCKidd wrote:What! Are you serious- ground shot birds don't give any HV. That can't be right...can it. :shock: Damn. Oh well the option is there in the air or on the ground. You can go ahead and add that tid-bit to the front page Tod. I didn't know that- would never have added 'em in that case. I suck at air shots. :lol: :lol: Peace.

BCKidd.
I'm not sure, but have no reason to doubt Marc's word. Anyone want to test really long shots with the .22LR or .22 Air Rifle? maybe the new crossbow pistol will do it?? :)
DeadClopz
Outfitter

Post by DeadClopz »

Birds don't bother me as much as trying to find big bighorns LOL

BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Tod1d wrote:
BCKidd wrote:What! Are you serious- ground shot birds don't give any HV. That can't be right...can it. :shock: Damn. Oh well the option is there in the air or on the ground. You can go ahead and add that tid-bit to the front page Tod. I didn't know that- would never have added 'em in that case. I suck at air shots. :lol: :lol: Peace.

BCKidd.
I'm not sure, but have no reason to doubt Marc's word. Anyone want to test really long shots with the .22LR or .22 Air Rifle? maybe the new crossbow pistol will do it?? :)
No, I don't doubt his word either. Only those that have actually put time into huntin' them things would know. So this is new to me. Good thing I ain't in it to win it...'cause I would have already lost. :lol: :lol: Peace.

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Tod1d wrote:

BCKidd.

I was checking my last pheasant hunt and yes, all ground shoot with plinkington got 0%HV, but turkeys can have good HV, this one even got 100%
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/vonh ... /624886234

Maybe since they aren't a "flying" bird they got a different way to calculate the HV, but for Pheasants is like Tod said, ground 0 hv, air 100hv. i haven't tried air ptarmigans yet, last time... i don't even remember when t was.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."

Return to “Competitions”