"1st Annual 2 of Each Comp." by BCKidd.

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
BCKidd

Re: "1st Annual 2 of Each Comp." by BCKidd.

Post by BCKidd »

The Winners of this competition are as follows:
1st Place and taking home the Gold and 3000EM$-Ash102 with a score of 2,117.045! Awesome and congratulations!
2nd Place and taking home the Silver and 2000EM$- Difunto with a score of 2,113.242! Congratulations!
3rd Place and taking home the Bronze and 1000EM$- Aetropos with a score of 2,096.412! Congratulations! please PM me- I can't find your forum name. I assume you are Nue?
4th Place and taking home the Hematite and 500EM$ our very own xOEDragonx with a score of 2,089.375! Congratulations!
Once again a big thanks to all of you for playin' along. Hope to see all your smilin' faces in the next one too. 8-) Peace.
BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

Congratulations to the other winners!

And of course, a thank you to those who make these comps possible. BCKidd with your crazy fun (and sometimes torturous) ideas, and Tod for keeping things running behind the scenes. You guys are awesome.

I'm looking forward to finding out what challenge you have in store for us next BC.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Yeah BC, you're right on about "13" :lol: I saw that and just laughed my friend. Yes, this was a cool comp. There's was so much to consider strategy wise and I for one was all over the map. I was able to do 36 hours, with about 5 of that paused. I ave 2.4 hrs perhunt - 65 harvests - 4 missed shots - 2 new SB scores with ram and elk and hung a decent NT mule and a 403 elk on the wall :D

Grats to Ashley for slammin them bears again! and outstanding muley to slide into home plate bottom of the ninth with full count and takes a long ball over the wall for a place on the stage! :D Way to go girl!!!

Grats to all the winners. This was a good comp just the right length, I especially like when one of this size incorporates 2 whole weekends for us working stiffs to be able to get some time in. This was the right concept, interesting scoring and paths of strategy as I've already mentioned - There's so much which adds up to just the right challenge from my chair and what I enjoy investing in if for no other reason than being a part of it.

As we pointed out in the beginning about the shortcomings of this particular reserve and all it's graphical flaws the negatives were certainly a challenge to overcome. Combine that with the hitbox errors such as Stan's skull brain broadside shot - I had a bear with lung/intestines from a broadside side - apparently I hit an invisible rock splitting the bullet in 2 causing it to be hit near the rear end and the chest- most amazing things that can happen with them 4 legged throw rugs.

Great comp again BC!!! You Da Man!
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

I had you at 17:50 Rad, 10 min to the end. A 16+ Grey Wolf that would have given me 9+ more points, just squeezing by you. Alas, a Grizzly charged me at 17:51, and I had him lined up good with the snakebite. At the last second he veered away, and I missed. End of the 9 points, at 17:52. Nice job buddy.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

:arrow: Radamus, I was waitin' for you to jump ahead with your last submission and then I was gonna do my best to beat you down. That's okay tho', my 1,987. is a lucky number for me. That is when my wife Tracy and I got married, so I'm happy with that score. I won't be so easy :P :P on you the next time tho'... All jokes aside I wanted to let all you know, I love competing against you guys/gals. You all make these comps fun and worth the effort for me to slap together, and with Tod's help and POVs from all of you, these things are only gonna get better and a lot more challengin'. 'Till the next one- "Keep your stick on the ice." And Rad, keep shootin' straight... :lol: ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
nue

Post by nue »

BCKidd wrote:3rd Place and taking home the Bronze and 1000EM$- Aetropos with a score of 2,096.412! Congratulations! please PM me- I can't find your forum name. I assume you are Nue?

BCKidd.
Yup, thats me, Aetropos!
Cheers
Ash1302
Scout

Post by Ash1302 »

Big thanks to Tod1d and BCKidd once again, intense and fun comp!

Congrats to the other winners!
KingKong1
Scout

Post by KingKong1 »

Thank you to BCCkid and Tod1 for once again having created a competition of highest karat. I have felt the pain and frustrations with DYEUZ, Deadclopz, Rozete and Stan for their experiences with the game's bugs during the competition :o .
To top five, I would say, you are all worthy and can be very proud of your efforts - gratz :D .
Faultier
Hunter

Post by Faultier »

Congratulations to the winners , well done!

It was a great comp and i had lots of fun even or especially with that devilish shots = harvest rule :) it added a lot of excitement , the longer the hunts went on.
I think i never had so many failed attempts , mostly the birdies giving me a hard time, but a few lucky moments and the good competitors kept me trying and the motivation up.

At one point, when i was looking for another bird for the board, i traveled to my tent in the sheep / ptarm mountains and immediately heard a few birds are on the ground somewhere close to me.
It was the time when i still tried to shoot them airborne so i dropped on my belly to get a little closer and see what they score .
After 3 or 4 birds they decided my spotting skill was high enough and took off :lol:
Now i had around 8 of them flying away in all directions, so i tried to figure out wich of them was the highest scoring one and gave it a (what i thought safe) shot from my trusty 12 ga ,
and of course ... it kept flying :( DAMN IT !

I went from "this could be a good start for a nice hunt" to "oh no ,just started and now i have to wait 30 minutes" within seconds :roll:
thought to myself , now that the attempt is wasted anyway .. this ****** rat is going to pay ! :x :twisted:
I still saw it flying away in a straight line so i aimed again and right in the moment i pulled the trigger, another bird which i spooked earlier, ended up right in the middle of the crosshair. Double-kill ! hehe
needless to say i failed the attempt , just a few moments later. :lol:

Lots of up`s and down`s but unfortunatly i coudlnt find any 200 + muleys on my map this time, same goes for the bears ... only saw one over 25 within the competition but that little shot/kill rule prevented him from joining the Leaderboard.
In the end i knew i was running out of time to aim for the top spots so i tried to at least get in the top 10 ... that worked out ... almost :)

I enjoyed it a lot so thanks BC for coming up with all those nice competition ideas and uhc for making them reality. keep up the good work.
Stats
Spoiler:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Great stories! I had my ups and downs too. Lost a nice RME in the water first time ever in this comp. Kicked Radamus' butt by 2 or 3 points, that was my highlight. It was a fun comp and I was surprised at how many registered and pleased with how many managed to put scores up. See you all in the next one...I hope. 8-) Respect.

BCKidd.

Keep it real!

Return to “Competitions”