"1st Annual 2 of Each Comp." by BCKidd.

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Re: "1st Annual 2 of Each Comp." by BCKidd.

Post by Tod1d »

DYEUZ wrote:Can anyone tell what's wrong with this harvest please ? No score on a Mule Deer buck .CSS = 0
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/dyeu ... /625644982
1 hour from the start of the comp !! :shock:
Yeh, that's a mystery. On the scoresheet in the database, it has no horns, and it's Male. Did it show a score on the harvest screen?
My guess is something glitched while it was writing to the server/database.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
stancomputerhunter wrote:Also, the Big Horn scored 185+ which is 97% of the top score on the leader board, but the CSS was only 63.516, yet another hunter has a RME with a score 364, 84% of the top score on the leaderboard, and the CSS is 66.7. What's up with that?
Obviously RM elk have a higher multiplier than bighorn sheep. Which is strange because for sheep we don't have callers or scents and they are hunted in much tougher terrain. My guess is that CSS was abandoned by EW at one point (since it didn't make much sense anyway) and for the new species they just used placeholder values that make even less sense. Grizz and muley seem to be the most important species in this comp...

Good luck to everyone! :)
I thought CSS was supposed to be the great equalizer between species, apparently not. :evil: I finally get a decent score in one of these comps, and it doesn't matter. Can someone explain how a double lung/heart is not an instant kill? Of course they can't, another EW bug.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Tod1d wrote:
Yeh, that's a mystery. On the scoresheet in the database, it has no horns, and it's Male. Did it show a score on the harvest screen?
My guess is something glitched while it was writing to the server/database.
No, no score whats so ever .
Also, am sorry a little bit , by the aggressiveness of my post last night , after my hunt . Understand , that i was pis.sed big time .
Last edited by DYEUZ on November 15th, 2018, 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

stancomputerhunter wrote:I thought CSS was supposed to be the great equalizer between species, apparently not. :evil:
CSS was meant to consider difficulty of a harvest too. So geese will never go over 40 CSS because you can shoot a lot of those in a short time while bears (that are considered difficult to hunt) have a rather high CSS multiplier. But obvioulsy it never worked. I can easily shoot a bunch of bears at a barrel (black and brown bears only of course) and they still give me a high CSS. Also, as I already said, it would mean that EW considers RM elk more difficult to hunt than bighorn sheep. Maybe because of the wolves??? :?

I wouldn't think about it too much. In the end it's about getting high scores and drop them on the spot!
Image Image Image
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Indeed, CSS is far from perfect. However, it's a new requirement in a comp because "variety is the spice...", and it does somewhat level the field.

As is, the grizzly is 2x as important as the ptarmigan. However, with raw score the ptarmigan would be about 17x as important as the grizzly.

Nowhere does it say that every animal should be worth the same percentage of the overall score. Having them with different importance (weighted) just makes it a bit more challenging to budget your hunting time to come up with the best combination.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Ok, so i cooled down this morning and thinking '' well, why not try it again today '' . :?
So i am in a hunt right now . Shot a Wolf from TS with bow . Says , intestines . Ok, sucks because he was a 16-17 male , but more out there right !
Wait a little in TS and after few minutes , i go track him .Going there i hear a Mule buck call near me . I look around and see this big buck !!
I shoot him . All is good . A 240 monster giving me 216.8 pts . I see my Wolf not far away . I click on him ! No response !! I can't pick him up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o
This game hates me big time . :evil:

FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

DYEUZ wrote:This game hates me big time . :evil:
I gotta believe the game hates without prejudice. ;)
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

...Tried going outside render distance , but it did not do it . So , i present to you , the Wolf responsible for my failed hunt this morning .
shame i had only two packs of arrows with me . ;)

FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

I can't understand why this comp is givin' some of you a hard time. We just had a recent comp whereas HV & CSS were used- no problems then. Could it be the reserve itself? Anyway you look at it we are all faced with the same issues. Givin' up for me tho' isn't an option... I'll do my best to get all my animals, even if I have some bad luck. I guess I am bias tho' since I have nothin' to gain or lose. I hope you all mange to have a good time, regardless of failed hunts and/or bad shot placements. You only really need to hit one lung- and the submission would be accepted. You all need to quit stressing out... :P :P ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

DYEUZ wrote: Image
shame i had only two packs of arrows with me . ;)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Competitions”