Dead Weight Competition

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Re: Dead Weight Competition

Post by SoftShoe »

I have never intentionally hunted bear on SC so this should be interesting :D

Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Well, knowing "This" girl, she's going to make us feel some pain I have no doubts about it~ She will have something up her sleeve.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Reggy wrote:
VonStratos wrote:Settlers also have some good places for rear barrels, but i don't know of one as effective as the swamp in RFF, if someone could share good barrels locations i would appreciate it, and others too probably :)
Start at Highland Lodge and go North to what looks like short road, that leads to a barn. Sorry I don't have coordinates handy nor is it on my shared map atm. You can climb to the loft and have good view, place barrel out in field. This location is great for bear & hogs and easy to sneak into. Lots of rabbits too. I'm sure there are other even better ones, but this is very close and lots of bears. ymmv Good luck!

Edit: Barn is X:-7701 Y:3977
View:
Spoiler:
I know that place, i usually have my hog feeder there, is really good because that barn can provide cover and high positions for bowhunting or any other shots, i haven't tried to place the bear barrel there, but is not uncommon found bears around, may be i should try there for the comp, thanks. ;)

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Lamphunter
Hunter

Post by Lamphunter »

This is going to be interesting! :)
Even if we knew the exact weight from the beginning of the comp,it would still be pretty hard and competitive until the end of it. I'm not sure wether not knowing the exact weight, participants will keep hunting and submitting weights thought. I mean i will probably try to imagine the weight of the bear and submit a weight close to it, but without knowing the real weight until the end of the comp, i will probably stop the attempts and wait.
Don't get me wrong. I really enjoy the idea and it will definitely be great fun not knowing how you've done until the end of it, but i think that i for example will be really sceptical about changing my previous submition of a weight in case I will regret it later. ;)
It will also be great fun, i think here in the forum with all of us posting our guess or even trying to confuse one another. :D
Faultier
Hunter

Post by Faultier »

As much as i dislike hunting on settlers , this sounds very interesting. :roll: :lol:
If I got time ( and a werewolf in my lodge by the time the comp starts ) im on board .

do we get some kind of clues, regarding the weight of your bear, during the time of the competition ?
Stats
Spoiler:
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

Nice idea of competition :)
Little questions :
- we can harvest only one bear per hunt ?
- we can submit only one bear per hunt ?
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

FR_Bugs wrote:Nice idea of competition :)
Little questions :
Harvest as many as you like, submit the one that you think is closest to the weight of her bear.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

Thanks for your answer Tod1d. :)
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

Lamphunter wrote: i think that i for example will be really sceptical about changing my previous submition of a weight in case I will regret it later. ;)
It will also be great fun, i think here in the forum with all of us posting our guess or even trying to confuse one another. :D
That skepticism is fully intended. I was originally planning on allowing one submission per person, but decided it might be more fun to let you change your minds or try to get a bear closer to your actual guess. Hopefully you don't make any changes you'll regret :twisted:
Faultier wrote: do we get some kind of clues, regarding the weight of your bear, during the time of the competition ?
The only clue you'll have will be a picture of the bear in question. With a real bear I imagine some of you will have a good ballpark guess as to the weight. If we have to go the virtual bear route, it'll definitely be much more of a lucky guessing game.
FR_Bugs wrote: Little questions :
Harvest as many bears as you'd like per hunt, but you can only submit one. If you then start a second hunt and submit another bear, it will replace your original guess.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Might try this one and thx for doing this comp .

Qs:
- Weight is in lbs ? Not in kgs right !
- Either way , successful or not with your real Bear hunt , we will see a pic of a Bear , before the comp starts right ? Virtual or real one .
- If its a virtual one , how will you camouflage de infos about him on your profile page ?

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Return to “Competitions”