Dead Weight Competition

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
J_Birdman
Hunter

Re: Dead Weight Competition

Post by J_Birdman »

INTIMID883R wrote:
J_Birdman wrote:Really nice chocolate you got there Tony, a perfect match for Drifter's glacier.
Thank you. It might hold up.
With exactly 48 hours left in the comp I'd say your chance is pretty darn high, but who knows!

Who here feels REALLY confident in their bear's weight? I sure don't! :lol:
Sulfurblade
Hunter

Post by Sulfurblade »

J_Birdman wrote:
INTIMID883R wrote:
J_Birdman wrote:Really nice chocolate you got there Tony, a perfect match for Drifter's glacier.
With exactly 48 hours left in the comp I'd say your chance is pretty darn high, but who knows!

To be honest I feel pretty good about mine... Honestly I think the weight is between me and ClemD about 268ish....
Spoiler:
I find the Tarp picture to be most informative as you can make some rough measurements based on the likely known dimensions of the Tarp...
Which leads me to think this bear has an area of about 5.3 - 5.5 which is slightly above the average score of 5 a 200 lbs bear has...
Plus the picture of that head shows it has a nice wide triangle meaning olderish bear... Also the scenery is showing mild conditions so he's likely not up to his potential weight..
I think he could beef up to about 300 but he isnt quite there....
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

Definitely a nice bear. Congrats Tony. Len is going to be disappointed that you stole the biggest chocolate bear from him though, and he won't be around to do anything about it :twisted:

It has definitely been interesting to watch this one play out from the sidelines. The range of the guesses is impressive and it shows just how hard it is to judge these guys! I'm looking forward to sharing the actual weight and measurements with you all.

There's still plenty of time for those who don't have an entry yet to jump in, and plenty of time to make changes if you're having any last minute doubts about your current entry :lol:

I'd also like to see who thinks they're really confident in their guess and why. Sulfurblade has already given us an interesting explanation, so what do the rest of you think?
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Hey, I'm on the road traveling and watching. My chocolate is not what I wanted to end this with for sure. I will be able to get a little more time in tomorrow night for another go.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

J_Birdman wrote:
INTIMID883R wrote:

It doesn't matter what the weight is. My glacier bear weighed 578 lbs, easily the heaviest, but your bonuses are for score.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

xOEDragonx wrote:I'd also like to see who thinks they're really confident in their guess and why. Sulfurblade has already given us an interesting explanation, so what do the rest of you think?
I think that even studying the pic collection for two hours led me to the conclusion that I I'll probably be lucky to be within even 75lbs of the target. :lol:
stancomputerhunter wrote:It doesn't matter what the weight is. My glacier bear weighed 578 lbs, easily the heaviest, but your bonuses are for score.
Sure it does, the weight is the meat and potatoes of this comp, the high score bonuses are just a lucky morsel.
Nockedup
Hunter

Post by Nockedup »

xOEDragonx wrote:Definitely a nice bear. Congrats Tony. Len is going to be disappointed that you stole the biggest chocolate bear from him though, and he won't be around to do anything about it :twisted:

It has definitely been interesting to watch this one play out from the sidelines. The range of the guesses is impressive and it shows just how hard it is to judge these guys! I'm looking forward to sharing the actual weight and measurements with you all.

There's still plenty of time for those who don't have an entry yet to jump in, and plenty of time to make changes if you're having any last minute doubts about your current entry :lol:

I'd also like to see who thinks they're really confident in their guess and why. Sulfurblade has already given us an interesting explanation, so what do the rest of you think?
Ashley, I thought I read somewhere in your story that we are going for the weight that the check station estimated it to be. Is that the case or are we going for the weight of your bear after it was field dressed?
Current Season Stats
Spoiler:
Nockedup's Twitch Channel

"Difficult doesn't mean impossible. It simply means that you have to work hard" ~ Theodore Roosevelt
Sulfurblade
Hunter

Post by Sulfurblade »

Nockedup wrote:
xOEDragonx wrote:Definitely a nice bear. Congrats Tony. Len is going to be disappointed that you stole the biggest chocolate bear from him though, and he won't be around to do anything about it :twisted:

Ashley, I thought I read somewhere in your story that we are going for the weight that the check station estimated it to be. Is that the case or are we going for the weight of your bear after it was field dressed?
It was said earlier with guts not dressed....
Nockedup
Hunter

Post by Nockedup »

Sulfurblade wrote:
Nockedup wrote: Ashley, I thought I read somewhere in your story that we are going for the weight that the check station estimated it to be. Is that the case or are we going for the weight of your bear after it was field dressed?
I know it says "live" weight, but I wasn't sure if it was weighed before it was field dressed, or field dressed first then taken to a check station where they do tooth aging, take measurements & estimate what the live weight might have been. Thanks Sulfurblade.
Current Season Stats
Spoiler:
Nockedup's Twitch Channel

"Difficult doesn't mean impossible. It simply means that you have to work hard" ~ Theodore Roosevelt
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Nockedup wrote:
Sulfurblade wrote:
Nockedup wrote: Ashley, I thought I read somewhere in your story that we are going for the weight that the check station estimated it to be. Is that the case or are we going for the weight of your bear after it was field dressed?
I know it says "live" weight, but I wasn't sure if it was weighed before it was field dressed, or field dressed first then taken to a check station where they do tooth aging, take measurements & estimate what the live weight might have been. Thanks Sulfurblade.
Yeah, that. Most hunters, unless they bring a scale in the woods, field dress the animal & weigh it "dry" (without guts) & estimate the live weight.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!

Return to “Competitions”