Dead Weight Competition

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: Dead Weight Competition

Post by Tanngnjostr »

VonStratos wrote:my feeder is in the north eastern fields from the southern Lodge, there is good visual and always found bears in the area, but the attraction as you said, is nowhere near to RFF, there i got 6 or 7 easy in the feeder.
I got a barrel in those fields too. Sometimes you can be really lucky and find four or five bears at the barrel, but two is the average in my experience. Can't compare it to RFF...
Image Image Image
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

Now now, I could have been cruel and not even have allowed feeders. I didn't get to use a feeder on my hunt... :lol:
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

xOEDragonx wrote:Now now, I could have been cruel and not even have allowed feeders. I didn't get to use a feeder on my hunt... :lol:
Good one . :P
But , we kinda , have more chance of seeing some walking around , than at these darn feeders . Good spots are hard to find in SC . :?

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Yes, and besides since get the highest scoring bear isn't the main objective any bear you come across have a fair chance to win, bait barrels in this case are more to save some time if anyone is going after the bear only and want find one for sure, otherwise is a good chance to enjoy Settlers and harvest another animals too, there is a lot of turkeys and deer.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Nockedup
Hunter

Post by Nockedup »

I'm just looking for something that is close to what I think the target weight might be based on the pictures provided. IMO, Settlers Creek has always been the worst reserve to hunt for Black Bear period, let alone giant ones. Relax, take your time, there's still a week left. :D
Current Season Stats
Spoiler:
Nockedup's Twitch Channel

"Difficult doesn't mean impossible. It simply means that you have to work hard" ~ Theodore Roosevelt
Mitrophan

Post by Mitrophan »

I decided to stop and give everything in the hands of luck))
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Well, the whole challenge to this is deciding on a target number and that's the trick. But gotta be honest, judging what her bear is is not easy. I've found a few examples of bears checked in and hanging from the same rack from "** ****" checkin station and it's not easy figuring this out.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

I assume that the height shown in the competition logo (the bear mug shot) is made up? Because if my internet research is right and if I didn't make a mistake when converting into the metric system, a 7'8'' bear would be really huge. :shock:
Image Image Image
Sulfurblade
Hunter

Post by Sulfurblade »

*Edited*
Score finally excepted...
Last edited by Sulfurblade on November 5th, 2018, 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sulfurblade
Hunter

Post by Sulfurblade »

Tanngnjostr wrote:I assume that the height shown in the competition logo (the bear mug shot) is made up? Because if my internet research is right and if I didn't make a mistake when converting into the metric system, a 7'8'' bear would be really huge. :shock:
That height sounds right in my book....

This would not be measured from ground to back while on all 4's this is measured when the bear stands up on 2 feet like a human does... I have seen a black bear reach close to ten feet (800lbs bear taken with a farm tag [Out of season] in northern wisconsin, wasn't eligible as a record) and this being a much smaller bear then that one doesnt strike me as being that far off the mark at all but its likely reach there measuring and not toes to top of head...

Return to “Competitions”