"1st Annual Insane in September" by BCKidd

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
BCKidd

Re: "1st Annual Insane in September" by BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Radamus wrote:
VonStratos wrote:get an animal for some official competition or mission or something else if you screw the shot at the rabbit, or some other animal. ;)
Excellent tip! Sign up for all the comps on the reserve! I've got a few trophies by accident exactly this way. And that's a good tip, even if you blow it and have 15 or 20 minutes to waste, go for a trophy and try to make the hunt worth it. It's also good therapy because it will help get your mind right since obviously, BC just went over the cliff and is laying in the river. Might even be like a bait sight, could draw some hungry bears or fox??? Maybe BC can have a purpose in this afterall :D :lol:

Can you imagine when BC was deciding on his wife how tough that must have been for all the women? I can imagine he would agree to a date and tell them "Sure, we can go out, but you only get one shot and if you miss you're off the list, sorry dear, it's just a "thing" I do, it's in me, I can't change it and neither can you" .... :lol: ~ Naw, that's not how it happened, it was really HE that got told, "You get one shot stud boy, don't blow it" .... yeah, this is payback... that makes sense.
Bejeebus Rad, I laughed so hard when I read that retort, I almost died! :lol: :lol: :lol: 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Great story, Len, but I'm still waiting for your explanation for the 40+ meter rule. :D

Thanks for this competition, BCKidd, I had a lot of fun with it. The prize has arrived and has been redeemed without problems. Thanks also to UHC and to all my competitors - I would've loved to take part in round four, but I'm also happy watching you take those long range shots on rabbits and swear over the whole weekend! 8-)
See you next year for the 2nd Annual Insane in September - already looking forward to it!
Image Image Image
Faultier
Hunter

Post by Faultier »

look who decided to take the comfortable way out :lol: :twisted:
Congrats Tanngnjostr , very well done .
grats to the winners of round 1 and 2 aswell ofc.

and nice Bear VonStratos , always great finding those big guys.

now off to VDB to stare at some bunny holes :roll: :lol:
Stats
Spoiler:
Lamphunter
Hunter

Post by Lamphunter »

Well done Tanngnjostr! Congratulations!
Told you,you never know when the winning hunt will come. Second place is awesome!
I really enjoyed this amazing comp, but even more i enjoyed third place! :D
I also would like to wish all remaining competitors Good Luck! Specially you Len! ;)
Peace
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Faultier wrote:look who decided to take the comfortable way out :lol: :twisted:
:oops: :oops: :oops:
On the one hand I hoped that someone would still overtake me and I could hunt for a little head start against you and the other guys in the last minutes of round three. On the other hand I admit I was afraid that I would probably end up empty-handed in such a close race. So let's face it... I chickened out! :lol:

Anyway, good luck to all of you. May the best one prevail! :)
Image Image Image
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Tanngnjostr wrote:Great story, Len, but I'm still waiting for your explanation for the 40+ meter rule. :D
Following Radamus theory, i think that was the rule for the second date 8-) ...or it has to do with a restraining order, some things are better not to be known :) Something i know for sure is that i want one for Doc and his mails :lol: .

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

I spent way too much time tryin' to do Round 4! Waaayyy too much... It seemed more difficult then what I remember when testing it. This one for me; and I ain't being bias, was one of the most difficult comps I've put on, imo. Round 4 will spit you out, :twisted: stomp on your face, and leave you with bruises :shock: and contusions. If using the .17 HMR before you shoot that bunny or frilly red fox- make sure you change the ammo! When that huge Ibex shows up take your time, make sure he's gonna slide off the face of that cliff- :roll: bring first aid kits. Hiking up to where they stay stuck is a pain in :evil: the derrière, and even more so when you finally get up there to discover whilst you ascended- it descended. Look way down... see that red dome, that right there is the dang Ibex. No why didn't he slide down in the first place? Yep, a few wasted hunts is in store for all of you... That 100 m minimum distance is cruel, :x nasty and unforgiving. Hold your weapon steady, and don't be hasty. :lol: :lol: Peace.

BCKIdd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Well, i made it, a rabbit over 100mts, a good Ibex, the others were more easy since they were found at the river, but sadly i couldn't spot a big Red Deer, still in overall was a good hunt and i manage to keep my mental sanity safe :D I spotted a rare fox at long distance, maybe a grey or melanistic, was very dark, but i wasn't carrying a proper gun since i already had the female and didn't want risk a unnecessary shot and miss.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

1 hunt down and one British Colombian dead in the river ~ Last I saw bears were fighting over the ribs :evil: :evil: :evil:

Best red in a while 272
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Nice one Rad. Guess what. I rose from the dead- scared the bears away and glued my ribs back in place. Nice to see you still playin' along. I can't believe how many stuck it out for only round 1, what a bunch of wussies they are!! :P ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

Keep it real!

Return to “Competitions”