"1st Annual Insane in September" by BCKidd

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
BCKidd

Re: "1st Annual Insane in September" by BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Faultier wrote:wow this was painful :lol:
I really tried but i gotta give up on this one :oops: :cry:
used lots of attempts but always something going wrong , most of the times it was me missing the shots on the rabbits.
hope i can do better next time, if i am still allowed to join after this aweful performance :D
Ofc Faultier, you'll be able to join any new comps. Your performance shamed many others, who only lasted 1 round. I'm dreadfully waiting for this one to end, as I have a sneaking hunch those that didn't carry on from Round 1 are gonna slam me with the reasons why (they're being kind now- not to point out what they saw to be inconvenient). Which I hope does happen, 'cause then I'll know how to improve it next year. There are all kinds of reasons I'm sure. From scoring to comp length, to distance requirements and more. But, you are safe Faultier to participate in any of my comps that you wish. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Rad- you made third! Sounds like you had a fun time getting there... :P ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

BCKidd wrote:Rad- you made third! Sounds like you had a fun time getting there... :P ;) Peace.

BCKidd.
Hey, when I went to bed at 1am I was in second! by 0.5 :lol: ` But Wespertin wasn't having any of that and overran me while I was sleeping :lol: ~ But HottyBoss is on a hunt and is going to be up there soon - I'll make top 10 somewhere, just happy to fill out the card - When I did the math and realized I have no chance of winning I'm happy with what I did- But I honestly did not understand how the scoring worked from the start and that's where your fate is kind of sealed.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Ah im out the podium, but at least i managed to complete the whole 4 tiers, with some good scores, congratulations to winners and the rest of participants too. ;) now i will keep myself away from rabbits for a while. :D

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Radamus wrote:
BCKidd wrote:Rad- you made third! Sounds like you had a fun time getting there... :P ;) Peace.

BCKidd.
Hey, when I went to bed at 1am I was in second! by 0.5 :lol: ` But Wespertin wasn't having any of that and overran me while I was sleeping :lol: ~ But HottyBoss is on a hunt and is going to be up there soon - I'll make top 10 somewhere, just happy to fill out the card - When I did the math and realized I have no chance of winning I'm happy with what I did- But I honestly did not understand how the scoring worked from the start and that's where your fate is kind of sealed.
Yeah, I think that is where folks were havin' issues- and why so many dropped out. Perhaps each Round should have been separate in scoring. I'll know better next time. Thanks tho' for participatin' and keeping me laughing with you posts. 8-) Peace.
VonStratos wrote:Ah im out the podium, but at least i managed to complete the whole 4 tiers, with some good scores, congratulations to winners and the rest of participants too. ;) now i will keep myself away from rabbits for a while. :D
Yep, well done too. Next time the scoring will be less confusing. Likely have it so each round is separate. It would have worked that way, and there would have been more folks keepin' up with the comp. Live and learn... ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

BC, I've got a busy week ahead, so allow me to give some feedback before the comp ends, since you basically asked for it.

I really liked the comp and the concept. I liked the fact that the results of previous rounds were taken into the next one, it just seems it should have been communicated a bit more precise from the start. I also liked the fact that the winner of a round was excluded from the rest of the comp, it added a little strategic element.

I have two suggestions though:
1) I really don't like the distance requirement, it adds an unnatural feel to your comps. Especially since the "one shot - one kill" rule promotes ethical hunting (in my opinion), but the minimum distance somehow defeats that purpose. If you want to increase the difficulty, why not add specific weapon requirements? You could, for example, exclude the most powerful rifles that make every body shot a safe kill.
2) In several of your comps I've noticed that they are multispecies, but certain animals don't really matter since their score is negligible compared to the other species. In this comp, round one was all about the male hog, the same for round three and in round four, the rabbit was the most important by far. Except for round two, the weight of the females hardly mattered. My suggestion would be to try to combine species that have similar scores/weight ranges. That worked really well for Piccabeen Bay in this competition - which made it the most interesting round for me.

Of course it's your comp and your rules, but these two things I noticed in several of your comps and I thought it would be worth considering a change if you agree. Whatever you decide, it won't keep me from participating in the future.

Now let's keep the fingers crossed for the final hours in this competition. Tezzer66 leads right now and I wish him luck, but I see that at least two participants are still hunting. Kudos to everyone who managed to get a score for round four or even get to round four. :)
Image Image Image
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

I like those points you made Marc and as I look back over mine- I lost it on my water buff and rusa in Beaner Bay~ I also could've done better on the pig and tried to get something in the 9's or 1k which would've helped- thing is, that segment was through the week and didn't have as much time to allot to the hunting. So there's where I lost ground virtually impossible to make up - It was during Round 3 I picked up on the scoring thing but it was too late. It's no big thing, that one's on me for not knowing.

The other thing about the rabbit, I found a lot of situations where it was impossible to get a score even using the spotting scope at say 115-120m or greater. The one I shot in the hunt I submitted, I had no idea if it was M or F until I claimed it. The other technical drawback is the fact we have invisible rocks. There's nothing more infuriating taken a shot, as I did on 2 occasions and seeing stone dust appear like magic as the bunny in your scope runs off - That's where the 1 shot thing clashes with forces beyond our control and only penalizes the innocent. I mentioned the rocks from the start of this thing and sure as hell there they are. Hey, it is what it is and we all faced the same challenge equally and I'm cool with that, keep fighting! :D

Oh Boy! Going to be interesting! We've got a new leader! Will we see more? Under 3 hours to go!
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Lucky
Outfitter

Post by Lucky »

Win or lose , I loved this competition , I too failed at least 20 times with pretty good scores , and like Faultier alot was missing rabbits and then entering scores twice and getting no valid harvest due to being
sorta stupid :( . once I entered 5 good scores and 1 stupid female rabbit thinking I had shot a male :oops: BCKidd I loved the scoring it gives old guys like me a chance to play against some really good players :) I also hated to see Faultier give up as he is a good hunter and competitor
"Friends are angels who lift us to our feet
when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.'
There is no beginning or end..Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery."
Today is a gift.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

LuckyMurph wrote:Win or lose , I loved this competition , I too failed at least 20 times with pretty good scores , and like Faultier alot was missing rabbits and then entering scores twice and getting no valid harvest due to being
sorta stupid :( . once I entered 5 good scores and 1 stupid female rabbit thinking I had shot a male :oops: BCKidd I loved the scoring it gives old guys like me a chance to play against some really good players :) I also hated to see Faultier give up as he is a good hunter and competitor
Glad to know you are/have enjoyed it. You got a nice score! With only an hour left, you jus' may very well win round 4. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
RabbitEast

Post by RabbitEast »

I am just glad that im able to complete this competition. Haha.. :D Thanks for this Annual Insane competition! Challenging and fun! Congrats to the winner and everyone who are able to complete the 4 rounds of this competition! :D

Goodnight or Good day everyone! Cheers!

Return to “Competitions”