"1st Annual Insane in September" by BCKidd

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
BCKidd

Re: "1st Annual Insane in September" by BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

RabbitEast wrote:I am just glad that im able to complete this competition. Haha.. :D Thanks for this Annual Insane competition! Challenging and fun! Congrats to the winner and everyone who are able to complete the 4 rounds of this competition! :D

Goodnight or Good day everyone! Cheers!
Glad you played along and had fun! ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

This competition has Officially ended! Thanks to all for playin' along. ;) Peace.
BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

I enjoyed the competition, there is not much feedback that i can say, other that agree with some points like the ones than Tanngnjostr mentioned about the distance rule, i get it like a challenge, but maybe the animal selection should be reconsidered at the moment of choose where apply that rule, by example trying to hunt a dangerous animal like a grizzlies or Bison from over 100mts with a rifle sound logic, but the rabbit from 100mts, well i don't know, other thing that could be modified is that where possible in a reserve, a tier could be focused into a theme, like deer, like in Whitehall where we have 3 kind of deer, then next tier focused on predators, like TgT, wolves and bears, and so.

Now i agree with the rule of 1shot 1kill, but the state of the game sometimes conspire against that, like when you get the bullet in invisible objects, or the intestine shot that don't kill the animal, or the Dall sheep that wont die even with 3 shots when they are in a ridge. As suggestion maybe it can be, temporary, changed for a lungs, and/or heart rule only, if you get an animal in both lungs is a 1 shot kill(same effect), but even if run you can make another lung shot, or a minimal of 90% trophy integrity rule, other ways to manage a clean and fast kill to keep the ethical side but avoiding the current bugs.

And now, we will test our skills in RFF. :D

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

The winner of Round 4 goes to Lucky! Congrats Lucky. Your 3000EM$ Gift Code is on its way- check your PMs. You are also the winner of a pretty neat Trophy as soon as it gets engraved with your name, so be watchin' for that too. Thanks for playin'. ;) Peace.
BCKidd.

Keep it real!
Faultier
Hunter

Post by Faultier »

Congratulations Lucky,
and thanks for the friendly words.
You fought till the end and really deserve this trophy, great job !

Besides that round 4 was a little bit more of a challenge than i thought it would be, I had a lot of fun competing with all you folks . :D
Thanks again for hosting and hope to see you all again next time.
Stats
Spoiler:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Congrats Lucky, good job! :)

I think you were already leading round one when Mysen pulled off that steal in the last minute. But you showed persistence which rightfully paid off now.

Looking forward to next year! Thx BCKidd and UHC...
Image Image Image
Wespertin
Spotter

Post by Wespertin »

Congrats Lucky and all the other tier winners.
As always an exiting and fun comp, signed by master BCKid.
The scoring system made it hard for me to know what was needed to make progress.
Mathematics isn't my biggest skill. ;)

See you all at RFF.
ClemD
Scout

Post by ClemD »

Thanks BC for this comp. I managed to do the 4 hunts. The main challenge for me was to get a good position to view more than 1 or 2 rabbit holes... but all in all great comp. I will be in your next one.

Rare: 153 – Non-Typical: 12
Competitions: 82 – Gold: 25, Silver: 29, Bronze: 23, Events: 5
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Wespertin wrote:Congrats Lucky and all the other tier winners.
As always an exiting and fun comp, signed by master BCKid.
The scoring system made it hard for me to know what was needed to make progress.
Mathematics isn't my biggest skill. ;)

See you all at RFF.
Well for someone like me whose math skills ain't the best, I'd say you managed quite well. Next years scoring will be tweaked- and easier to understand. Glad you had fun. I'll see you in RFF. ;) Peace.
ClemD wrote:Thanks BC for this comp. I managed to do the 4 hunts. The main challenge for me was to get a good position to view more than 1 or 2 rabbit holes... but all in all great comp. I will be in your next one.
Thanks Clem. Good to know you'll be in the next. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

BCKidd wrote::P :lol: Sure...sure, we'll go with that. Admit it SS the comp was to dang long, the scoring was confusing, even though it shouldn't have been. And your ol' eye sight ain't what it used to be
Whole lotta truth about the eyesight; I was shooting my muzzle loaders this weekend (all iron sights) and dayem them irons are getting hard to see! My groups werent anything to be proud of but I was at least minute of squirrel accurate :lol:

Seriously though it was family commitments. I loved the way you had this laid out with the stages, it really added a level of difficulty in coming up with the strategy. My only issue with it is the relatively narrow window of each stage. Maybe for the next comp make each stage last a week that way individuals with limited free time have a weekend to do it in.

Return to “Competitions”