"1st Annual Insane in September" by BCKidd

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Re: "1st Annual Insane in September" by BCKidd

Post by SoftShoe »

Congrats Marc!

My evenings the last few days have been jam packed with family stuff not allowing me time to hunt or else I would have bumped you off the top! :roll: ;)

BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

:P :lol: Sure...sure, we'll go with that. Admit it SS the comp was to dang long, the scoring was confusing, even though it shouldn't have been. And your ol' eye sight ain't what it used to be, and because of such the distance requirements were ridiculous... :lol: :lol: I know, I have the same feelings toward this one. :lol: Hope to see you playin' along next year- if we're all still here. So, SS has come up with a reason why he didn't finish. What about the rest of you participators... what gives huh, what? :lol: :) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

BC, they all became Sherpa's~ someone's gotta carry all the stuff for the soldiers :D ` In war they are called "Rear Echelon" ~ In the rear with the gear!
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

C'mon guys, just a little more than one day left and what do I see on the leaderboard - is that the best you can do?

BC, please let me back in. This is embarrassing! ;)
Image Image Image
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Tanngnjostr wrote:C'mon guys, just a little more than one day left and what do I see on the leaderboard - is that the best you can do?

BC, please let me back in. This is embarrassing! ;)
Yeah for me it certainly is. I have all my animals- and you're still above me on the LB... :lol: :lol: I think too many folks thought this was gonna be a cake walk- and rightly so it should be. They gave up or had other things to do. It has still been an all right comp and with a day left, who knows maybe someone who has managed to stay in the race up to the 3rd Round, might pull up to the top. As for the others that only fought up 'til Round 1- well let's jus' say; we know who the real competitors are. :lol: :P ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

No worries, it was and is a great comp. I think it's only natural that some players abandoned the race after they finished one of the previous rounds rather low on the board - since they knew their chances in later rounds were also going down. But I expected a little more from those that were in the top five or six after round three. C'mon guys! :)

Seriously, I can imagine how hard it is with the "one shot, one kill" rule in combination with the 100+ meter rule. Especially with the bunnies and the skittish ibex. Good job, Tezzer66! :)
Image Image Image
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

I tell ya those invisible rocks are a back breaker. I lost 2 hunts cause of those little boogers. What I found is if the bunny is sitting tight it seems to be behind a rock. I tried a different approach so I wait to catch them frolicking around where it seems to be open and made that work. It's really frustrating when you can't see rocks that are there and this 100m stuff amplifies it so much.

5.5 hrs, all that stress~ I'm fried :shock:

edit- almost 6 hrs- that's how fried I was - I went to bed in 2nd by half a point- woke up in 3rd! Keep it going Wespertin! getting closer!
Last edited by Radamus on October 7th, 2018, 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
Spoiler:
RabbitEast

Post by RabbitEast »

I lost my hunt just because suddenly the connection is lost... Thats my 4hrs burned. I thought its my own connection but everything else seems working fine. This is not the first time i experience this connection lost thingy. Im not sure if i can keep up with the connection lost if its a competition tho.. Perhaps i will try again later after dinner. :) Still, vdb for me is the brown bear that is hard to find since i didnt use a feeder.. It is good fun, frustrating due to connection lost but still its a good hunting session. :)
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

RabbitEast wrote:I lost my hunt just because suddenly the connection is lost... Thats my 4hrs burned. I thought its my own connection but everything else seems working fine. This is not the first time i experience this connection lost thingy. Im not sure if i can keep up with the connection lost if its a competition tho.. Perhaps i will try again later after dinner. :) Still, vdb for me is the brown bear that is hard to find since i didnt use a feeder.. It is good fun, frustrating due to connection lost but still its a good hunting session. :)
I feel that pain. We had 2 power drops yesterday because of bad storms but didn't cost me anything luckily. Yeah I was sweating it last night whenever I shot something hoping I got it collected just in case.

You don't need a feeder for bears on VDB just need to know where they generally are, easy to find. The last time I put a barrel on VDB was right after it was released, we all worked it for a couple months to learn where the bears were. The open visibility makes it easy enough to find them and I've found feeders to be more of a nuisance that a helper.
One thing that will help you out is using the UHC expedition analyzer :D ` 2 different hunts -

Image Image
Spoiler:
Faultier
Hunter

Post by Faultier »

wow this was painful :lol:
I really tried but i gotta give up on this one :oops: :cry:
used lots of attempts but always something going wrong , most of the times it was me missing the shots on the rabbits.
hope i can do better next time, if i am still allowed to join after this aweful performance :D
Stats
Spoiler:

Return to “Competitions”