Buck -n- Buckskin

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: Buck -n- Buckskin

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Radamus wrote:Nice photo Tann~you're welcome I missed a heart :P
Thanks! :) So you got the "luck part" right, but missed the "skill part"? ;) :P
Image Image Image
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Hey guys, sorry I have been absent. I spent most of the day yesterday hunting & then processing a doe I harvested.

Ironically for this comp I got skunked by my own rules. 1st hunt Classic glitched on me so I needed to restart. 1 hunt used. 2nd hunt about 30min into it my wifes friend & her husband showed up unannounced (I hate that! I dont mind people stopping by to visit but at least call so I know you're coming, dont just show up at my door!). I tried to ignore them & keep playing but my wife was giving me the stink eye. For some reason I am expected to entertain the husband, a guy I dont even like! About the only thing we have in common is that we pee standing up & I am not totally sure he does that! I turn off the PC, 2 hunts used.
3rd hunt Ive been tracking a decent buck & finally get a glimpse of him, hes a 160+ but in a bad location (downwind of me). I start to maneuver to a more favorable position to stalk closer when he suddenly steps into view 15yds away downwind of me, nowhere close to where I thought he was. I make a quick snap shot before he can wind me. As he wheels to run away I realize I had made a bad hit (I've been hunting in CoTW quite a bit lately using the Houyi recurve which has a significantly different point of aim than the Longow in classic), to make matters worse he wasn't even the buck I had been stalking. Just a random 100+ buck that had wandered into me. I could hear the buck I had been stalking running away after being spooked by the shot. 3 hunts down.

Not that I had any chance at a win, some very good scores being posted! Few trophy shots though. I guess they didnt want a crack at the 500 em$ bonus.

BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

:lol: :lol: SS, at least you were tryin' to compete in your own comp- that for me is always a plus. To see a host competin' only makes the community comps more fun. I had fun participatin' and am glad I posted what I did. He's the only WT that was worth anything, the others I saw were 140 and less. Good comp- short and sweet! Congrats to the winners! Looking forward to the next. 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

OldSnake wrote:Recurve Bow Modernn not traditional; Heavy Recurve Bow InstinctiveArcher not traditional??!!

only the Cable-backed Bow isTraditional,

which bows can I use
SoftShoe wrote: Weapons: Traditional bow (no compounds or crossbows)
In archery circles a traditional bow is classified as one that is just a stick & a string. Any bow that gives a mechanical advantage (compounds & crossbows) is classified as modern. Some may argue that a modern produced bow is not traditional because of the modern materials used. IMO that is ridiculous! Our modern materials primarily just prolong the bows life & add some to its strength. The practice, application & craft are identical. If you think a recurve is not traditional. The Chinese, Assyrians & Turks were using biocompostie recurve bows a thousand years before the English invented the longbow. You cant get much more traditional than that :lol:

Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

says i dont have any attempts left but i havent even submitted a hunt

Edit: nvm i looked through these replies and it looks like the attempts are actual hunts and not # of submits allowed :x :x that really sucks, would've really been something useful to read on the rules page, but i guess its a question i should've asked
Last edited by Nathan112244 on September 16th, 2018, 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nathan22Outdoors
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Nathan112244 wrote:says i dont have any attempts left but i havent even submitted a hunt
See my answer to vortex1957 (above) - there's a difference between attempts and submissions. You've made a bunch of hunts on RFF today. Unless they were multiplayer, they've used up your three attempts even if you didn't submit them.
Image Image Image
Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
Nathan112244 wrote:says i dont have any attempts left but i havent even submitted a hunt
See my answer to vortex1957 (above) - there's a difference between attempts and submissions. You've made a bunch of hunts on RFF today. Unless they were multiplayer, they've used up your three attempts even if you didn't submit them.
yeah ik, i checked and edited my reply
Nathan22Outdoors
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Nathan112244 wrote:
Tanngnjostr wrote:
Yes, but one thing to note- if you read the rules on 1st page- 2nd and 3rd paragraph. It states Max # of submissions 3- 3rd paragraph its reads "3 attempts". I don't know if that was intentional- but it is a bit deceiving. I was always told submissions and attempts shouldn't be together in the rules of a comp, it should be one or another. But, it doesn't matter 'cause he does have 3 attempts listed. I ignored the "submission" thing and followed the "attempts" rule. It didn't take long to use up the attempts, that is my only woes about this comp- everything else is straight forward. :lol: Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

BCKidd wrote:
Nathan112244 wrote:
Tanngnjostr wrote: See my answer to vortex1957 (above) - there's a difference between attempts and submissions. You've made a bunch of hunts on RFF today. Unless they were multiplayer, they've used up your three attempts even if you didn't submit them.
Yes, but one thing to note- if you read the rules on 1st page- 2nd and 3rd paragraph. It states Max # of submissions 3- 3rd paragraph its reads "3 attempts". I don't know if that was intentional- but it is a bit deceiving. I was always told submissions and attempts shouldn't be together in the rules of a comp, it should be one or another. But, it doesn't matter 'cause he does have 3 attempts listed. I ignored the "submission" thing and followed the "attempts" rule. It didn't take long to use up the attempts, that is my only woes about this comp- everything else is straight forward. :lol: Peace.

BCKidd.
Yeah, i see, it seemed straight forward and i thought the "3 attempt" were submissions because getting a trophy animal in 3 hunts is quite a low number, so i automatically assumed he was talking about submissions, since that sounded more common for what iv'e seen in these comps. I guess it was a misunderstanding and i wasn't the only one who was confused, and even angry that all their attempts were gone before they even knew they started (hunting whitetails in SP not trying for the comp but they joined and forgot this one started)
Nathan22Outdoors
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Congratulations to: Winchester, DYEUZ, and Tann- nice scoring WT's there folks! Thanks for hosting SShoe! ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

Keep it real!

Return to “Competitions”