Buck -n- Buckskin

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Re: Buck -n- Buckskin

Post by DYEUZ »

Thx for hosting this quick and fun comp SS !
Grats to the other winners and good try to the others .

I really like those short comps . Keep them coming .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

Tanngnjostr wrote:I'm already done with my three hunts - tomorrow's the wedding anniversary and my wife told me that's more important than hunting pixels. Ah well... :roll:

Thanks SoftShoe, I had fun with this. That's my entry:

170 plus heart shot. It'll probably fall down quite a bit on the leaderboard, but I'm happy with it. Thanks again also to Trenton (InstinctiveArcher) for this wonderful (and powerful) bow! :)
No other bow would have brought down such a beast. :lol:

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
W1nchester

Post by W1nchester »

Very cool competition !! One of the coolest in the uhc so far, I was lucky to find one of 187, but could not get it right in the heart :(

100 KG!!!

Spoiler:
ImageImage
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Wow, I really wouldn't have thought that my buck stays in the top three until the end. Really happy about that! :D

Congrats to W1nchester and Serge for taking the top spots - and to every other participant that managed to bag a buck with just a stick and a string.

Thanks to SoftShoe and UHC for hosting the competition. I liked it a lot - a nice backstory and great focus on realism and tradition. Limited attempts and a short time frame mean that a bit more luck in the spawn is necessary, but it evens the field for those that can't play all day every day. More of these would be very welcome and I would be more than happy to sponsor one.

Now I'm curious about that secret bonus...
InstinctiveArcher wrote:No other bow would have brought down such a beast. :lol:
Maybe any other bow would've killed the animal (since we know you can hit the toenails with an arrow - and in this game it'll bleed out from it), but I'm not sure the other bows would've gone through the heart like a knife through butter - and of course they wouldn't have looked half as cool on the trophy shot. ;)
Image Image Image
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

I do love the InstinctiveArcher heavy recurve. Still my favorite weapon to date.

I tend to use the PP just so as not to spook everything and its mother when removing does/low-scoring bucks, but for a comp like this, the heavy recurve is glorious. I kinda want to hunt more with it again, now :)

Congrats to winners! Very cool competition concept and I'm glad I spotted it before it ended.
Mysen
Scout

Post by Mysen »

Grats to the Winners. + thanks to SoftShoe for hosting.
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Bucks-n-Buckskins season is over
I still vividly remember my 1st dear taken with my recurve! I wish I could tell some great hunting story of harvesting a monster buck but the truth was it was just a button buck whcih I didnt learn until he was down, I assumed it was a doe until then. He was about 22yds away & jumped the string resulting in a bad hit, it went through his guts but luckily barely caught the end of the right lung. The Bear broadhead with bleeder blade did well so I only had to track him about 500yds which to my meager tracking skills took me about 4hrs to find him. Still I was VERY proud of that deer!

It is my hope that being faced with the constraints of hunting under nearly reaslistic circumstances that each of you took pride in your trophy regardless of where it appears on the leader board. Each one was earned!

Congrats to the Winners!@
Winchester 1st place with a monster of 187.321
Dyeuz takes 2nd (he always seems to place in the top 3, y'all need to step up to push him out :lol: ) with a score of 173.623 plus heart shot bonus
Tann takes 3rd with a score of 170.745 plus heart shot bonus
INTIMID883R takes the secret bonus

Congrats to all 4! IMs with gift codes have already been sent to your forum accounts

A word about the secret bonus. These will become a part of all my mini comps moving forward. Quite simply I Like Trophy Shots!. For each comp you will have to get inside my head to figure out what I am looking for. The 'main" thing will be obvious enough but then I have several tie breaker criteria as well. For this comp sadly less than 1/2 of the competitors posted trophy shots but what I was primarily looking for was BUCKSKINS! INTIMID883R was the only one to post a trophy shot wearing buckskins so he was the default winner. I wont reveal my other tiebreaker criteria but to sum it up you will have to spend time on the forums & for lack of a better word "know me", what I like/what I appreciate in hunting circles. This is the 1st, last & only time I am going to explain how my secret prizes work so y'all take note! :mrgreen:

See you next time!

I'm thinking muzzleloaders 8-)

CalloftheWild

Post by CalloftheWild »

Thanks SoftShoe for hosting! I didn't have much time for the comp, but it was still fun to try.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Congrats Tony! I didn't even know what "buckskins" are before I just googled it! :)
Image Image Image
LatinJoker69
Hunter

Post by LatinJoker69 »

Congrats to all who participated and a big thumbs up to the winners. Huge thanks to the host "SoftShoe" and to everyone else who took part In making this event possible... ;)

Return to “Competitions”