2nd Annual RFF Fall Hunt

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
Radamus
Master Hunter

Re: 2nd Annual RFF Fall Hunt

Post by Radamus »

Turboyota wrote: I read somewhere that high scoring animals are easier to spook and also run further. I believe that was one of those monsters ;)
Very correct! And there's another aspect to the highest scoring ones- They can see you much farther and are looking for you when in nervous state. I've seen them run from beyond 100m when they spotted me. It would've been fairly easy for you to get that deer. For future reference, what I would've done in the same situation - OK, spooked him - I would've ran back to where I had the tent BEFORE I spooked him. Afterwards, do as you did, grab a gun and a TS and a caller. Then, go in his direction at least 100m and setup a TS. After 15 game min, he's calm again. Then is when you call to bring him back. Hopefully you've picked up his track so when he called you would know he's then yours because he would come back, albeit very slow and most likely you will draw other deer and have them under your tree long before you finally get a look at him. He may not even call you back but you have to believe that if you're in range and he's out of nervous state, he's coming back. The longer the wait the better the possibility of a big one. The small stuff walks right in to tempt you. Big deer live longer because they aren't stupid- true IRL, true in this game too :D
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Yeah its like the "5 brothers of Mule Deer" you can find a group of 5 male mules and is a sure bet among them there is a big one, but he will "send" the smaller ones towards you or you lure, in places with high visibility like the plains in Loggers you can see how the Big one stay back while the others go for the lure, and once the "lieutenants" secure the area he would move slowly, so if you are dealing with an specie who roam in packs or herds be patient, don't shot at the first one that look decent, is very likely you wont see the biggest one at first, this happens with the Roosevelt Elk too.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

77 signups, 47 entries! I'd say that was a success. Good call, BC.

Congrats to the winners, and eveyone else that just had fun competing
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Radamus wrote:
BCKidd wrote:
Tanngnjostr wrote:Great competition! Congrats to the winners and to everyone else who managed to post a score. Thanks to BCKidd and UHC for another nice competition and to Bob and J_Birdman for the bonuses.

BCKidd (and everyone else), feel invited to visit my season 23 lodge - a lot of these trophies have been shot during one of your comps. :)
Spoiler:
Both albinos and both non-typicals were found during the 2nd Annual RFF Fall Hunt!
How do I visit the lodge, Tann? :? Peace.

BCKidd.
So go into your game and start a hunt- Go to the lodge - you can enter anyone's lodge who is on your "Friends" list - You'll see the option to visit "Friends" lodges.
I knew it was somethin' simple because I have done this. I jus' couldn't recall if I needed to be in game or if I could do it from settings. Thanks, Rad.
Tod1d wrote:77 signups, 47 entries! I'd say that was a success. Good call, BC.

Congrats to the winners, and eveyone else that just had fun competing
I think it was- but without your expertise in coding and our conversing as you advised me while figuring out the right combination of rules- it may not have been as well received. So thank you Tod! 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

To the winners of this Competition- check your PMs- Gift Codes have been sent. Thank you for participating and I hope to see you all in the next. Steps have been taking so that this delay doesn't happen again. ;) Peace.
BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.

Return to “Competitions”