2nd Annual RFF Fall Hunt

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
Grizdude
Trophy Hunter

Re: 2nd Annual RFF Fall Hunt

Post by Grizdude »

Tanngnjostr wrote:It's getting ridiculous!

Another 191 - now why does that never happen in community comps that include blacktails?

Competition counter: 190+ blacktails: 2 - albino blacktail: 1 - NT blacktail: 1 - NT whitetail: 1 - trophies that are useable for this competition: 0
:lol: :lol: I hear ya, buddy! Never fails... does it! ;)
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Tanngnjostr wrote:It's getting ridiculous!

Another 191 - now why does that never happen in community comps that include blacktails?

Competition counter: 190+ blacktails: 2 - albino blacktail: 1 - NT blacktail: 1 - NT whitetail: 1 - trophies that are useable for this competition: 0
Wow, so much to work with there bro I don't know where to start- is it the 80's **** mustache? or the "Top Gun" RayBan aviators? or the "I got dressed in the dark" mixing of camo and solids? ... I just don't know :lol: - And that ensemble got you a 191 BT? .... Makes me want to burn all my matching outfits and dress like a vegetarian nerd.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Radamus wrote:Wow, so much to work with there bro I don't know where to start- is it the 80's **** mustache? or the "Top Gun" RayBan aviators? or the "I got dressed in the dark" mixing of camo and solids? ... I just don't know :lol: - And that ensemble got you a 191 BT? .... Makes me want to burn all my matching outfits and dress like a vegetarian nerd.
Guess who taught me how to dress properly for the hunt?
Spoiler:
You know that guy on the right? Remember that day?
Image Image Image
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
Radamus wrote:Wow, so much to work with there bro I don't know where to start- is it the 80's **** mustache? or the "Top Gun" RayBan aviators? or the "I got dressed in the dark" mixing of camo and solids? ... I just don't know :lol: - And that ensemble got you a 191 BT? .... Makes me want to burn all my matching outfits and dress like a vegetarian nerd.
Guess who taught me how to dress properly for the hunt?
Spoiler:
You know that guy on the right? Remember that day?
Hey, that's my good luck Goosing outfit! I didn't want to be mistaken for a goose around you and Hossein :D :lol: And I'll never forget that day! we had a blast! Any day hunting with good friends is a great day!

I actually have a pair of Ray Ban Aviators- My sister got them for me as a gift after I did my check ride and became an official "pilot" :D
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

Well, i wish i had time to get a big moose, elk and heavy bear, because these 3 kills were in the same game and really would've helped.
Was running and scared a cow moose, looked up and tried to spot a bull about 150m away, saw a monster buck behind and got a 190-215 est as it ran off, tracked it and saw him, also saw a 175-200 behind him, 2 monster bucks.
Shot the 190-215 first and he ended up 194.248,
about 10 min later, the 175-200 was also down, ended up 182.443.
About an hour later i ended up getting this Piebald bull moose.
My feeders, sadly weren't producing any 280kg bears and the rest of my server didnt have that 200+ moose or the 380+ Elk i would've wanted.
This hunt had the potential but was missing the trophies for the other species.

Nathan22Outdoors
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Radamus wrote:I actually have a pair of Ray Ban Aviators- My sister got them for me as a gift after I did my check ride and became an official "pilot" :D
Ha! The only way you're a 'pilot' is if you chop the wood first! :lol: :P

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
dj.p.king
Scout

Post by dj.p.king »

I like this comp, how ever i keep messing up on the hunt :?

my best hunt so far was ok till the WT

Elk 351.262

Bear 246.09

Moose 182.15

WT 168.185 missed it's lung and heart with only a body hit arrrr.

will give it another try 2mora. ;)
Good nite to all.
Season 26

1 Range record Season 23 - Dall 583.110 m, 1 Range record Season 25 - Dall 601.410 m
PB range, Xbow 230.230, Bow 471.180, Rifle 601.410
Game play 2700+ hours/hunter score 19000+ http://www.uhcapps.co.uk/stats.php?username=djpking
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Indeed those are some nice scoring critters, dj.p.king! I'm glad you are enjoying it- with a few days left, I hope you do well. 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
FrozenHorse
Spotter

Post by FrozenHorse »

So...my first attempt for my first community competition ever and I'm currently missing the 1st place only by 7 points (goddamit!:)). So it went pretty well, I guess. Loong hunt, though, if you're interested:

I've prepared my only one bear barrel and tent already a week ago, solely for this competition. As this was my first time placing bear bait in RFF, I had to study a little(thank you all for this golden forum). I've filled the bait already start of this week, but it was only today(or rather yesterday), Thursday, I finally got chance to play. When I started 5:00am in-game time, I shouted loudly to myslef "Let's show all this hunter veterans, how it's done!", to give myself some courage :D (sorry guys, but it worked). And the first bear I bagged was pretty decent one: 258.

Then the painfull part started - 3 hours real-time walking in the forests with nothing, only minor scoring animals, one after another. I haven't sleep much last night and I was already loosing it and wanted to quit, when I've found herd of Elk bulls, lured them with bought scent and collected the bigest one with 220 or something score. After collecting this one, I've noticed my girfriend was texting me, so I replied back, leaving my game on for a few minutes. When I returned back, I just wanted to fast travel and peek to the last location I have not visited yet and quit afterwards. But I've noticed one of the smallest elks from herd was standing scared just next to me, as I left my character standing still after the harvest! He must returned back while I was texting and B&C camuflage worked well. I was just looking at him for a while from this close proximity - never been this close to an elk in standing position. I told myself I won't kill this beautifull creature and was almost clicking the map shortcut, when I've peripherally noticed some "tree" is moving around 150 meters away, down the lake. It was not a tree, but really HUGE elk antlers! Thanks god for my yellow tint hunter glasses, I don't think I would see this in the distant tree shadows without them. But how to shoot it? I feared the elk right next to me will just spooke him as soon as I make just a small movement. But I finally went for it and just dropped to the ground, very carefully made 3 moves to ged rid of a grass in my view, mounted my long range scope...and shot throught the branches. I knew it's now or never, to hit lungs. I've screamed loud from the adrenaline dose - he dropped on the spot! 414.961 and this is my 11th Roosevelt Elk in this game ever, placing 11th in the current season leaderboard! Nice!

This elk gave me courage and another sleepless night - whitetail is the next one! It took me "only" 2 hours or so to find one above 129, pff...But finally got one decent by some river. I've checked the competition scoreaboard - one normal moose left, and I can have the first place - only 7 points missing to beat Rozete!

Moose, very easy to spot and hunt animal, isn't it? Well, I suppose I've already spent all my luck this hunt, because there was no good moose around in the whole map! As the in-game time was aproaching 19:00, I almost violated the one-hit rule, shooting close distance to intestines in the dark, then frantically looking for hurt moose for 10 minutes - as I've read 2 days long hunts are bugged. After this I just took a breath and told myself to enjoy what was already gifted to me. Just look at that elk!

:) Good night and also good luck with your hunts, for this competition.

Roosevelt Elk
Score: 414.961

EDIT: I've just found out I've also collected good double "Moose Antler" collectables, placing 31th in the current season leaderboard. This is where my good moose was gone in this game - he must have just shed them!
:)
FrozenHorse stats:
Spoiler:
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Another great hunt history and what a Elk, you know the 400+ are a trophy that many people (like me) search for years, congratulations, specially being your first community competition, btw here is my RFF bear barrel, i think start with a big heavy one is critical for the success of the hunt, so i share mi bit of advice, it attract lots of bears and have good visibility, but no always a big one is around, i have towers near for watch the barrel from afar and pick a bear without risking to get near or scare the bT that roam around, also are useful to see fleeing bears after shooting one in the barrel, and a stand or gb for bow/slug shooting if a comp requires it.

http://www.uhcapps.co.uk/myreserve/?cod ... DJDFKFPIPI
Edit: there is a camping near where i placed the tent, so is not necessary, but i put one there to be able go and change weapons in the area if i need to.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."

Return to “Competitions”