2nd Annual RFF Fall Hunt

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Re: 2nd Annual RFF Fall Hunt

Post by Tod1d »

VonStratos wrote:Wow the scores, i went to sleep like in 5th now i am out the top10, i don't know if is possible to see but it seems to me there is a lot more people and much highest scores than last year. I thionk the amazing bonus of this years are playing a great role bringing more people, :D
Here's last years: http://www.uhcapps.co.uk/whiteout/rff-f ... rboard.php
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Anybody in here with basic anatomical knowledge who can tell me how black bears breathe...? Just asking because I can't seem to find their lungs and their body cavities seem to be filled with intestines everywhere... :roll:
Image Image Image
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Thank you Tod, so many people in leaderboard, i wasn't in that one, i confused it with the "Long Distance Relationship" that was similar but scoring based in distance, well lets see if i can get some good trophy today.

Tanngnjostr in a broad side aim at the shoulder blade right above the leg with a .340 to get the lungs, my trick is await the animal is kind of up front but not so much to hit the head, so you aim to the neck and the shot enter hitting lungs, intestine and everything else ;) hitboxes are really a pain in the Black bear.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Tod1d wrote:
VonStratos wrote:Wow the scores, i went to sleep like in 5th now i am out the top10, i don't know if is possible to see but it seems to me there is a lot more people and much highest scores than last year. I thionk the amazing bonus of this years are playing a great role bringing more people, :D
Here's last years: http://www.uhcapps.co.uk/whiteout/rff-f ... rboard.php
That is pretty cool lookin' back on that. Hard to believe its been a year since. Awesome. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

DYEUZ wrote:
DeadClopz wrote:Question about the Bear Bonus. It says highest score.
Is that referring to the score (weight) that is on the LB, or the actual Trophy score that is on the harvest report?
Pretty sure its the score of the Bear , not the weight . But J will confirm or not soon imo .
Yes- score of the bear, since we're already using weight. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Radamus wrote:FYI: BC brought to my attention a SHORT hunt I had last night - So to set the record straight, I was not enrolled in the comp at the time. I moved some stuff around and set up a new mouse fresh out of the box- after that I enrolled in the comp and started my hunt-
My sincerest :oops: apologies, Mr. Rad. ;) 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

BCKidd wrote:
Radamus wrote:FYI: BC brought to my attention a SHORT hunt I had last night - So to set the record straight, I was not enrolled in the comp at the time. I moved some stuff around and set up a new mouse fresh out of the box- after that I enrolled in the comp and started my hunt-
My sincerest :oops: apologies, Mr. Rad. ;) 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.
All Good BC - No one is above the rule. I just wanted to make note of what I did out in the open to make life easier for you in case it was brought up :D

I fed you to the brown bears like 5 times last week in VDB - looks like we need use you for a bait site and feed you to some of these black bears, they sure haven't been eating well by my observations.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
DeadClopz
Outfitter

Post by DeadClopz »

DYEUZ wrote:
Short story about attempt #2 ...
Right from the start , like some of you , rain was falling big time .
Went to the barrel and what do i see , 2 nice Bears but not close to it . ( 210@240 / 230@260 kg )
The biggest one was a bit away and trotting like crazy . He was the chosen one .
I heard huffing and puffing next to the TS i am in . Look down and see this big Bear , 260@290kg , 22@24 !!
Biding badang ! Shot and dead Bear .Turns out to be a 22.9 with weight you see on LB .
Then came that slow , empty reserve feeling . More in the last hour , i got considerable improvement on my Elk , equaled my Moose and lost 6 pts on my WT .
All in all , very satisfied and will take a seat back and watch you guys go at it for a while .
Damn nice Bear! Now how the hell am I supposed to get #1 position back? I already made a deal with the devil to get the planets lined up for the last time..... :?

xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

Almost five and half hours and not one WT buck over 128 the whole hunt. I surrender :shock:

BC Kidd always makes all these awesome comps and I always want to participate in them... though I rarely do or surrender early due to time constraints or my inability to handle the one shot-one kill rule. So I decided to make a whole-hearted attempt on this one and all the game can give me is some ragtag scrappy deer? :lol: Had a solid start with a half decent moose and a 23 score black bear (.001 short of tying my personal best) then drug out the remaining five hours trying desperately to find any elk let alone a decent bull and those whitetails... they were killing me. Just to add insult to injury, I picked up a WT antler shed that scored a whopping 17.9725 and harvested my record smallest non-typical WT scoring 96.652. I've never seen so many small deer in this game in a single hunt :lol:

Well I certainly won't be getting anywhere near the top of the leaderboard on this one but at least I can say I tried! Plus, that big glacier bear is going to look great in the lodge and I'll never complain about seeing a non-typical.

Thanks for hosting another great comp BC, and of course thanks to all the sponsors for making it extra awesome 8-)
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

:arrow: DeadClopz .. thx man . I don't know what you'll do , but i made a deal with his sister , so ... ;)

:arrow: xOEDragonx .. funny , but frustrating story , i know . Grats on that very big Bear man . Highest scoring one so far . I agree also , but not only for RFF, there are LOTS , of small scoring animals out there .

I tracked a WT today reading 80@95 kg . when i spotted him , he was 20@35 score !!!! :o Thought she, i mean, he, was a doe at first ! :lol:

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Return to “Competitions”