2nd Annual RFF Fall Hunt

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Re: 2nd Annual RFF Fall Hunt

Post by SoftShoe »

Congrats on a awesome comp Kidd! I really enjoy these kinda comps, the pressure of having to get one trophy after another all in the same hunt is grueling but very rewarding. Unfortunately I only had the time to make 1 full hunt for lack of time. I made 3 false starts where I started a hunt & got interrupted. Another 6yrs until I retire & then y'all better watch out! ;) :lol:

I gotta admit, when I saw the numbers Serge put up I thought for sure the comp was over. No way that anyone could get ALL FOUR bigger animals in a single hunt. Not only was I wrong, I was wrong in a big way! Congrats to the winners, y'all put up some impressive numbers & truly earned your win. Best of all you took some serious trophies to put in your lodges.

Those of you that listen to my ramblings on this forum know that I am primarily a traditional hunter IRL & with the now running Muzzleloader season I thought a bonus to encourage y'all to hunt with a muzzleloader would be interesting. INTIMID883R came through in a BIG way! Not only did he take 4 animals, any of which you would be proud to get on any single hunt but he did all 4 in one hunt & with a *cough* *cough* *wheeze* inline *puke*. :mrgreen:
A code for 1000 em$ for his impressive achievement has already been IMed to him.

DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Grats to all the winners and all that had a score on the board .
Thx to BCKidd , J and SoftShoe for the bonuses .
I wasn't home that much last couple days , so will go and look at the rares if any and will give you the results .

After looking at the leaderboard , no rare was to be found in top 5 . Better luck next time guys .

:arrow: SoftShoe ... my estimate for a good score , before the comp started was 1050 . So i knew i hadn't achieve anything special . :lol:

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

INTIMID883R came through in a BIG way! Not only did he take 4 animals, any of which you would be proud to get on any single hunt but he did all 4 in one hunt & with a
*cough* *cough* *wheeze* inline *puke*
Hummmm, had to use the
*cough* *cough* *wheeze* inline *puke*
just because it rains so much on RFF that it is almost impossible to keep your powder dry. ;) :evil:

Thanks for sponsoring the bonus.
Spoiler:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

It was a very good comp. Like many have pointed out a lot of awesome trophies were harvested- from rares to NT's to monsters. I'm glad you all had fun. My next comp will be coming up some time in November. Keep your eye on the "Competition" thread of this forum. 'Til next- time- with respect. ✌

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Great competition! Congrats to the winners and to everyone else who managed to post a score. Thanks to BCKidd and UHC for another nice competition and to Bob and J_Birdman for the bonuses.

BCKidd (and everyone else), feel invited to visit my season 23 lodge - a lot of these trophies have been shot during one of your comps. :)
Spoiler:
Both albinos and both non-typicals were found during the 2nd Annual RFF Fall Hunt!
Image Image Image
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Very impressive Marc! I am especially jealous of the albino taking center state!

J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

Congrats to all the winners!

Another great comp BC, wow what a turnout, thanks again for hosting! So many trophies and rares in one comp, some really beautiful animals you guys, much to be proud of. Thanks for sharing their pics and your stories, I think they make a competition extra special. :)
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Tanngnjostr wrote:Great competition! Congrats to the winners and to everyone else who managed to post a score. Thanks to BCKidd and UHC for another nice competition and to Bob and J_Birdman for the bonuses.

BCKidd (and everyone else), feel invited to visit my season 23 lodge - a lot of these trophies have been shot during one of your comps. :)
Spoiler:
Both albinos and both non-typicals were found during the 2nd Annual RFF Fall Hunt!
How do I visit the lodge, Tann? :? Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

BCKidd wrote:
Tanngnjostr wrote:Great competition! Congrats to the winners and to everyone else who managed to post a score. Thanks to BCKidd and UHC for another nice competition and to Bob and J_Birdman for the bonuses.

Spoiler:
How do I visit the lodge, Tann? :? Peace.

BCKidd.
So go into your game and start a hunt- Go to the lodge - you can enter anyone's lodge who is on your "Friends" list - You'll see the option to visit "Friends" lodges.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Turboyota

Post by Turboyota »

I also would like to thank you BCKidd for this awesome competition. I had a lot of fun and also a lot of moments of despair. Those elks argh. At least I finally got my tracking skill to lvl 10. :)
There are many amazing scores and congratulations to every player on the leaderboard!

Best moment I had was also a moment of failure. I wanted to change the location of my bait barrel to attract some more black bears elsewhere before I finally went to bed. So I spawned at my tent near it. I put away every weapon and disassembled the tent and went to retrieve the barrel. I just wanted to grab it and sprint halfway across the map to set it up for the next day. And as I reached it what was strolling casually around? A giant whitetail buck that looked even more massive than the one I already got. His antlers beautifully outlined against the sky. There I was. No weapon in my hands but a large tent in my backpack. I slowly crouched to my barrel but he came right at me and I couldn't avoid him. So unfortunately he spooked. I picked up the barrel, placed the tent and got a gun. The hunt was on. But long story short, I just couldn't find him. After two hours my stalking ended at the tipp of a small island with multiple tracks of him pointing in every direction but all of them ended right there. In the end I should just have gone back the 400 meters to my tent but well, it was kinda exciting. I read somewhere that high scoring animals are easier to spook and also run further. If this is true then I believe that this buck was a monster ;)

Return to “Competitions”