2nd Annual RFF Fall Hunt

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
Grizdude
Trophy Hunter

Re: 2nd Annual RFF Fall Hunt

Post by Grizdude »

Well, I managed to get one set of scores up on the board... wished I'd had more time to hunt in this one, some great scores on the leaderboard.
Thanks a million for hosting this one Kidd! A big thanks to the sponsors that put up the bonus prizes too... much appreciated. Congrats to the winners
and looking forward to the next great competition! 8-)
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

I'm certainly impressed with how many folks turned out for this one. Even more impressed at how many posted scores. I was pleased that some new competitors stepped into the picture, a couple of them this is their first community comp, I hope their experience has been good. Comps like these are always a challenge, and first time competitors being up against the veteran's and pulling off scores like some have, that is friggin' cool. I do believe our competitor(s) list is growing, with all the awesome comps hosts put together, and the number of folks offering up neat bonuses etc., I do believe these type of comps have a long life ahead of them. Or at least we can hope. As others have observed there have been some awesome hunts, some rares and NTs have been mounted on our trophy lodge walls. Yep, I'd say this has been a pretty good comp. ;) 8-) (Peace.), maybe it is time to switch from Peace- to Respectfully, or Cordially- 'cause that is how this comp went. ✌

BCKidd.

Edit: they're to their. Damn English language...

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
FrozenHorse
Spotter

Post by FrozenHorse »

As a new player I must say this was thrilling experience for me and I consider being in top 5 my greatest achievement in theHunter, so far (even if few hours until scores are closed). Thank you all nice people from community for hosting and sponsoring this competition, BCKid especially for his activity here and all the other folks also, helping us the new guys.

Congratulations to all the winners - for me, the memories will certainly remain and I think you have hooked me for a long time: see you on the next one, veterans :)
FrozenHorse stats:
Spoiler:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

FrozenHorse wrote:As a new player I must say this was thrilling experience for me and I consider being in top 5 my greatest achievement in theHunter, so far (even if few hours until scores are closed). Thank you all nice people from community for hosting and sponsoring this competition, BCKid especially for his activity here and all the other folks also, helping us the new guys.

Congratulations to all the winners - for me, the memories will certainly remain and I think you have hooked me for a long time: see you on the next one, veterans :)
:lol: :lol: Right on, FrozenHorse! You tell 'em. I'm happy to know that you are now hooked on these comps. :D Peace.

BCKidd

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

FrozenHorse wrote:As a new player I must say this was thrilling experience for me and I consider being in top 5 my greatest achievement in theHunter, so far (even if few hours until scores are closed). Thank you all nice people from community for hosting and sponsoring this competition, BCKid especially for his activity here and all the other folks also, helping us the new guys.

Good job! For your first one you did amazing! End of the day, it's all about having fun and enjoying the game and the people as it's the people here that make this what it is. Having the UHC site to manage this has made all of this possible and having David and Tod that do all the hard work behind the scenes. We used to do this stuff the hard way by posting a hunt then it had to be verified by hand and it was too cumbersome and you had people breaking rules and fudging stuff which took all the fairness out and made the comp host out to be the bad guy because people couldn't follow the rules. With the UHC comp generator all of that was changed and automated it so all the garbage is eliminated. It's a new day! and a great day.

But the biggest thing is guys like BCKidd here, he's been beating us up with comp after comp and he deserves a big round of applause as does Tod for doing all the coding in the background that makes all the crazy ideas a reality.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Radamus wrote: But the biggest thing is guys like BCKidd here, he's been beating us up with comp after comp and he deserves a big round of applause as does Tod for doing all the coding in the background that makes all the crazy ideas a reality.
Here, here! Well said!

BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

This competition has Officially ended! Thank you all for participating. I will announce the winners shortly. :) Respect.
Next up and hosted by xOEDragonx: "Dead Weight" https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=88695 So be sure to watch for it!
BCKidd.

Keep it real!
ClemD
Scout

Post by ClemD »

It was a great competition. Thank you BC for holding it and everybody else involved in the background. Also thanks to all the sponsors. Congrats to the winners :) :)

Rare: 153 – Non-Typical: 12
Competitions: 82 – Gold: 25, Silver: 29, Bronze: 23, Events: 5
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

The winners of the "2nd Annual Redfeather Falls Hunt" Are as follows:
1st Place and going home with the Gold- and 3000EM$! INTIMID8838 with a score of 1,065.237. Congratulations!
2nd Place winner and going home with the Silver- and 2000EM$! Ash1302 with a score of 1,055.034. Congratulations!
3rd Place winner and going home with the Bronze- and 1000EM$! Rozete with a score of 1,007.439. Congratulations!
4th Place winner and going home with the Hematite- and 500EM$! FrozenHorse with a score of 1,000.408. Congratulations!
All four winners- be watching your PMs- EM$ will be there soon.
Thank you all for participating- Bonus' will be sorted out via the Sponsors. ;) Cordially.
BCKidd.

Keep it real!
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

Agreed with the others. A great competition indeed!

Thank you for hosting BCKidd, and a big thanks to the sponsors as well. Participation was awesome with this one, more than 40 players with a score on the board. And impressive scores at that!

Return to “Competitions”