2nd Annual RFF Fall Hunt

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Re: 2nd Annual RFF Fall Hunt

Post by INTIMID883R »

nothin' but irritating issues- easily fixed

Normally yes, but not this time, simply could not find what was going on. Game would just lock up, sometimes going to a black screen, then would suddenly be in a windows blue screen with attempting repairs. Unable to repair, but let me go back to windows, rinse and repeat. Finally tried to do a restore, and that is when I saw the Update, and tried to go next one back from that. No luck, restore error, no files were changed. Did a reset and still same BS.To make a very long story short, finally found buried deep in the Asus site, was a little 55 MB file to address the issue Windows 10 Oct update caused with dual intelligent Processors.What ever that means, on my z97 M B.

Then My ISP and all its problems (every time a mouse takes a pee) one of their servers goes down or some other excuse. And it has been raining for a week here. Finally it just plain quit Saturday, Down all afternoon, and when It did come back up I had no speed. Just had a really fun last 7 days.
Spoiler:
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Nice Tony! I'm not sad you had net issues! You're tough enough as it is- that' was our only break! :lol: - But I as well have had terrible internet issues this week - I probably have the worst connection of anyone as you saw the other day. Glad you got a great hunt in

Frozenhorse- THat's a great elk! Enjoy it while you can. You smoked us with new guy good fortunes! It's really a thing. Remember this elk, like Marc said, likely the best you'll ever have. There's lots of people who've been here for years and still not in the 400 club, I got lucky after 3 years and barely squeaked in the door but there's a score that starts with a 4 is all it takes :lol: - it IS a big deal and I hope you have a lodge to hang it in!
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

I had to do a win 10 reset as well to fix theHunter in game camera issue I was having. There were other things going wrong as well- and the only way to fix was a reset. Yeah, Windows 10 isn't one of my favorite OS's. I actually preferred Vista... then along came Win 7 and I took a liking to that one too- 10 though, I wish I never switched. Wonder what brilliant OS Microsoft is going to throw in our faces next. I can't see 10 being the only one they'll develop. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Finally got my entry in. Not too bad, but couldn't find the few missing points to break the 1k mark and make it into the top three. Anyway, some good fun - but now I'll probably take a few days break before Halloween! :)

Thanks BCKidd!
Image Image Image
DeadClopz
Outfitter

Post by DeadClopz »

same hunt as the Albino Elk. Another PB! To my knowledge, I can not remember harvesting a non typical. If so, it was so small it looked fairly regular when I harvested it that it didn't scream Non-typical. This one did. LOL

Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

DeadClopz wrote:same hunt as the Albino Elk. Another PB! To my knowledge, I can not remember harvesting a non typical. If so, it was so small it looked fairly regular when I harvested it that it didn't scream Non-typical. This one did. LOL 298.661
Grats man! That's a rack! I've had a few but nothing anywhere as nice and big as my first one and a lot like that, big! and pretty wild!

Tann- nice picture man, that's a sweet picture.

I hear ya on the Win10 thing- I am in the camp that unless it's a newer machine originally built with Win10- there's always issues. My old comp was a disaster after the forced DL of win10- it was a blessing that it took a crap on me which forced me to get a new comp. I just don't have problems with it while another comp that was upgraded, still exhibits learning disabilities.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
FrozenHorse
Spotter

Post by FrozenHorse »

Radamus wrote:Frozenhorse- THat's a great elk! Enjoy it while you can. You smoked us with new guy good fortunes! It's really a thing. Remember this elk, like Marc said, likely the best you'll ever have. There's lots of people who've been here for years and still not in the 400 club, I got lucky after 3 years and barely squeaked in the door but there's a score that starts with a 4 is all it takes :lol: - it IS a big deal and I hope you have a lodge to hang it in!
Thanks, I will remember this - It's taxidermized, but still waiting somewhere in the grandparent's basement, for me to buy the lodge :)

What a beautifull hunt from INTIMID883R! Jumped us by a lot - congrats.

I don't think I have any more strength in me for another 7h hunting session, this weekend...to some degree this is more exhausting than some hunts IRL. But I'm really curious what will happen during the weekend when more veterans will fix their PCs... :?
FrozenHorse stats:
Spoiler:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Tanngnjostr wrote:Finally got my entry in. Not too bad, but couldn't find the few missing points to break the 1k mark and make it into the top three. Anyway, some good fun - but now I'll probably take a few days break before Halloween! :)

Thanks BCKidd!
No kiddin' this is an awesome picture. I friggin' love it! Nice!- I think I'll use it for next years 3rd Annual RFF Hunt. Any objections, Tann? ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Great animals people, when the competition started i didn't think we could get so many 900+ scores and when i got mine i was thinking that it would be more than enough to be top 10, the level of the competition is really high, even 1000+ scores, amazing.

Btw: I was just thinking about upgrade to w10 from my w7, but after read the comments it seem the good old w7 is still a better and more simple OS, so unless i get hardware that really need the w10 i will stick to the trusty Windows7.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Really nice non-typical, DeadClopz. Aren't BCKidd's competitions just wonderful? Even if you don't win, you'll find plenty of good stuff on the way. I don't know how he does it, but it works! :)
BCKidd wrote:No kiddin' this is an awesome picture. I friggin' love it! Nice!- I think I'll use it for next years 3rd Annual RFF Hunt. Any objections, Tann? ;) Peace.
Thanks! It was at around 1800 in-game time. I rarely hunt at that hour, but I wanted to check my bear barrel one last time before quitting the hunt and then I saw this and thought it was beautiful. I'd be honored if you used it for one of your comps!
VonStratos wrote:Btw: I was just thinking about upgrade to w10 from my w7, but after read the comments it seem the good old w7 is still a better and more simple OS, so unless i get hardware that really need the w10 i will stick to the trusty Windows7.
I don't doubt the other guys' experiences as told in this thread, but it's not like w10 is a mess for everyone. I would never go back to w7 since w10 runs a lot smoother for me. And I don't have a beast PC either.
Image Image Image

Return to “Competitions”