2nd Annual RFF Fall Hunt

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
BCKidd

Re: 2nd Annual RFF Fall Hunt

Post by BCKidd »

:arrow: Grizdude- yep that Elk sits proudly in the middle of my trophy lodge- thanks for the kudos. 8-)
:arrow: Shiftyone- Thank you very much! ;)
:arrow: Lucky- Thank you LM- it is definitely a keeper. I was sweatin' when I finally made the shot. Distance wise, nuthin' to write home about. I had other opportunities at further distance, but, my .303 skill level on somethin' that awesome certainly didn't warrant an unlucky shot. :lol:
:arrow: Thank you Nockedup! 8-)
:arrow: Thanks a million LampHunter- they are out there! ;)
:arrow: Faultier, yeah he's a brute. 8-)
:arrow: Nathan- LMAO- indeed it was an insane hunt! Never been that lucky...ever. 8-)
:arrow: DYEUZ- I take it you had a monitor crash? Weird :shock: that is, but I honestly didn't jinx ya :lol: :lol:, 'leastwise I'll never admit it! Thanks for the kudos! 8-)
:arrow: BearJ- Thank you! 8-) Peace- to you all!

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

BearJohnson wrote:Ummm...

What about Non-Typicals?

Do they count?

Very nice NT- Bear, unfortunately they do not count in this comp. If it was weight only- indeed it would have. Keep the faith! ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
BearJohnson
Hunter

Post by BearJohnson »

BCKidd wrote:
Very nice NT- Bear, unfortunately they do not count in this comp. If it was weight only- indeed it would have. Keep the faith! ;) Peace.

BCKidd.
Dang... OK - I gotta drop some typicals I guess...

LOL
I may be a noob... but I still have fun!
Trigger time = FUN!

LatinJoker69
Hunter

Post by LatinJoker69 »

Congrats on that truly awesome "Elk" you managed to get there BCKidd … :o
Dyeus, it`s always nice to see your name on the top of the leader board and hope you do well in this comp.
Radames, I may not win this comp but it`s always good to place ahead of you so for me, that's good enough (lol). Hope you do well in this comp as well my friend... ;)
Enjoying my hunts so far but it`s not going to be easy to beat some of these scores. Good thing is that there are other objectives that can still be achieved and still be able to win some "EM$" so good luck to all who are participating...
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

LatinJoker69 wrote:Congrats on that truly awesome "Elk" you managed to get there BCKidd:o
Dyeus, it`s always nice to see your name on the top of the leader board and hope you do well in this comp.
Radames, I may not win this comp but it`s always good to place ahead of you so for me, that's good enough (lol). Hope you do well in this comp as well my friend... ;)
Enjoying my hunts so far but it`s not going to be easy to beat some of these scores. Good thing is that there are other objectives that can still be achieved and still be able to win some "EM$" so good luck to all who are participating...
:D Thanks LJ. I think it is everybody's goal to put Rad in his spot...he get's so out of hand at times. :P :P :lol: Peace.

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

LatinJoker69 wrote:Congrats on that truly awesome "Elk" you managed to get there BCKidd … :o
Thanks to you my friend and best of luck on your quests! I'm not done yet! just waiting for my stars to align :D
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Thanks LJ for the kind words . :)

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

DeadClopz
Outfitter

Post by DeadClopz »

Nice scores on the LB. some real winners for animals. I got knocked out of the top 3. I don't know if it is possible to climb back up there. LOL

Rozete
Tracker

Post by Rozete »

a mess. that was the name of the mission i was hoping to complete and be done with this hunt. an hour should suffice, and sleep.
started at darkwood lodge and headed north to find some elk poop. 5min in, already a call from male. called him in. bang! tracked a bit his trail until found his last pile of poop - objective found and collected. ran back to harvest the elk. decent 340..
now, mission asks to visit a crater lake. shortest route would be just turn west, but! im in doubt ill find whitetails and whats more important their poop, if i go this way. as i was still close to the lodge decided to plot my route through swamps, cross the bridge and then turn north to the crater.
5min in, whitetail calls. same procedures as with the elk. except i didnt track his pile down. elk were calling, wanted to check those. plenty of whitetail poop ahead i thought ..harvested whitetail decent 170.
there were 4 of them. elk. one okish, pretty much the same i bagged previuosly, but estimated score showed theres room for improvment. bang! no improvment. ah, screw him, i need to find poop of a whitetail..
while i was looking, a thought started to creep in - i wasnt planning to visit bait barrels, but! they need refill /im convincing myself, and they are not far away from crater anyway. there will be bear poop too..
found poop, from a whitetail and also from a moose - 2 more mission objectives done. harvested another whitetail, lesser then previous, and moose, which was kinda little, but taking my inability to find decent one i decided to bag him.
time flew in the swamps, so instead of walking to crater i fast traveled to tent close to it. took bear bait and went to check the setups.
small, small, small one, small, small, another small.. lots of bears but the biggest max estimated 200. heart sunk a bit, found lots of bear poop though
to the lonely creek, then to the peak forest. just as i closed the map a loud call from a moose. across the lake big one! max estimated 205, but it just looks BIG. wouldnt be a wonder if hes 204.99 lol. bang! 201. havent seen those for a while..
wait! what was the dyeuz score?! 996!
minus 170
minus 340
minus 201
=285

i cursed.

ok. ok! ok
oooook, keep it together!
it just cant be that the biggest bear dont exceed 200. just cant! im not letting this go! theres pleanty of time left to sweap the map 3 times, if necessary.
and i ran, zigzaging the north. small, small, small one, small, small, another small.. oh, for fox sake!!!
i cursed a lot (mission completed in the meantime)
as a relief i stummbled upon elk. tracks showed hes quite fat. a much needed break to track him down.. it was easy. 363 was his score. boost to the mood! so 996-170-363-201=262 ..whatever. time to check barrels.
fast traveled to tent close to the crater.
upon arrival i did nothing just turned and there he was - less than 100m away stands the biggest moose ive ever seen! 205-245 estim. i dropped on my belly and blew. female moose answered, very close. too close. i hear her already! there are more than 1! im crawling away, spraying scent eliminator all over myself. spraying urine behind me to slow those cows.. it works. im hidden, 50m away 2 cows. no sign from male. im waiting.
waiting..
cows start to move. not towards me, away.
still waiting..
at last he appears moving few steps at a time. shakes his magnificent rack. hes close to the spot i sprayed the scent. but im not! 50m. i dont trust muzzleloader at this distance. the beast is huge. will bullet penetrate?! i need to be closer. i start to crawl, but soon realize theres no better place to take a shot from. 43m will do. bang! he runs, i freeze.. he falls, i unfreeze. 227 in the books
996-170-363-227..
=236
reminiscence of a hopping bear makes me bitterly smile..
there must be a bear weighting more than 236. must!
at the barrel small, small, small one, small, small, another small.. i cry. theres 3+ hours left until day ends to cry. its going to be a torture..
suddenly critters start to trot away. whats happening? i KNOW what happening! where is it WHERE IS IT?!! THERE!!! 230-260!!! YES!
YEEEEEEEEESSSSS!!1111!!11!
my hands are shaking. goddammit! why my hands are shaking. its an efing game! stooooop!
i drop to the floor - one pushup, two, three, ..seven, ..11, ..19, 20! breat in, breath out.
im ready to kill
bang! smoke fades.. seems like the longest fade ever, but im calm - i dont hear running away. hes there. dead. 245
---
..i could go on. plenty of time left to improve wt, but im exhausted, done.
---
ty BCKidd, and bonus providers! been waiting for this comp since september. hell of a fun!
good luck everyone!
its 5am. gonna make a coffee and welcome the sun this morning sleepless
Spoiler:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Great scores and nice story, Rozete! :)

Yeah, sometimes just trying to do a quick mission or fill the barrels can lead to a sleepless night! ;)
Image Image Image

Return to “Competitions”