Extra Large - [Uhcapps Competition]

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Re: Extra Large - [Uhcapps Competition]

Post by XxStrong1xX »

Tod1d wrote:
XxStrong1xX wrote:I really like this comp a lot Tod but it would have been nice to have more than 3 attempts or for it not to be 1 shot 1 kill with the messed up hit boxes in the game. On my final attempt last night I shot a decent Bison high in the shoulder and get an "intestines" hit that he survived and I had to shoot him again to finish him thus disqualifying myself again. Still for my first UHC comp a lot of fun and Congrats to whoever wins and those that were able to get all 3 animals!
There is no "one shot / one kill" rule. You can shoot them as many times as you want. And as many animals as you want.
The scoresheet will find the highest scoring animal of each species that beats any existing score on your leaderboard entry and allow you to submit it.

The 3 attempts is to make the comp accessible to those that have limited hunting time, without giving a big advantage to those that can play many hours.

Stupid me! lol I would have probably made top 10 with the 2 hunts I thought I couldn't submit. :(

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

XxStrong1xX wrote:
Tod1d wrote:
XxStrong1xX wrote:I really like this comp a lot Tod but it would have been nice to have more than 3 attempts or for it not to be 1 shot 1 kill with the messed up hit boxes in the game. On my final attempt last night I shot a decent Bison high in the shoulder and get an "intestines" hit that he survived and I had to shoot him again to finish him thus disqualifying myself again. Still for my first UHC comp a lot of fun and Congrats to whoever wins and those that were able to get all 3 animals!
There is no "one shot / one kill" rule. You can shoot them as many times as you want. And as many animals as you want.
The scoresheet will find the highest scoring animal of each species that beats any existing score on your leaderboard entry and allow you to submit it.

The 3 attempts is to make the comp accessible to those that have limited hunting time, without giving a big advantage to those that can play many hours.

Stupid me! lol I would have probably made top 10 with the 2 hunts I thought I couldn't submit. :(
2900.886 would have put you in 14th place. ;)
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Post by XxStrong1xX »

Tod1d wrote:
XxStrong1xX wrote:
Tod1d wrote:

Oh well I don't feel quite so bad then. Teach me to read the rules better next time. I was trying to mix this comp with BCKidd's I guess. :lol:

I fully agree with the 3 attempts rule in light of this revelation. Great comp! If you do something similar again I will definitely try again. (After making sure i understand the rules) :)

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071
LatinJoker69
Hunter

Post by LatinJoker69 »

Congrats to the winners and to all who participated as well. Many thanks to Tod1d and to everyone else who did their part in making this event possible and I hope to see another comp like this one for another chance to win one of these awesome shirts, cause I would surely use it any time. Would be a great way to identify myself as a "TheHunter" game player and who knows who else I might meet that also plays the game thanks to the shirt so I hope for another chance or two to win one...
Great concept and great idea and thanks again to the host, good luck all...
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Anyone who is tryin' for third place---- STOP now! The Comp is rigged and your computer will explode! :lol: :lol: :lol: Indeed it was a fun run in PB and o'course WRR. Congrats to the winners! Looks like that shirt has a long way to go- I think Tod should have to deliver it by hand- and he must travel there on a Unicycle. :lol: 8-) ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

XxStrong1xX wrote:
Tod1d wrote:
XxStrong1xX wrote:

Oh well I don't feel quite so bad then. Teach me to read the rules better next time. I was trying to mix this comp with BCKidd's I guess. :lol:

I fully agree with the 3 attempts rule in light of this revelation. Great comp! If you do something similar again I will definitely try again. (After making sure i understand the rules) :)
That'll learn ya... :lol: 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

BCKidd wrote:
XxStrong1xX wrote:
Tod1d wrote:

That'll learn ya... :lol: 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.

Hey BCkidd i just arrive to the game and forum and saw your pm, but apparently was already solved, is that right? now in the main topic of this comp, i like this kind of competition where the focus is on people who don't have too much time, it provides diversity so we have from marathons like the last comp of BCkidd and this kind of comps, and others between both styles, maybe 4 attempts would have given a possibility of improve the scores in both reserves 2 and 2, but i like the idea, sadly in my hunts i didn't come across any nice trophy, but i was fun anyway just to take down those Water Buffalo and Bison.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Yep, all is back to normal Von. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Holy Moly, Poland? I might have to send it by carrier pigeon!

Congratulations to the winners. And thanks to all for participating.

Sandalex, send me your address and I'll get your shirt in the mail.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
Reggy
Scout

Post by Reggy »

Thanks for hosting Tod and thanks to UHC. Gratz to the winners and anyone who got on the leader-board. On a personal note - I'm not last place!!! :o

Return to “Competitions”