Extra Large - [Uhcapps Competition]

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
BCKidd

Re: Extra Large - [Uhcapps Competition]

Post by BCKidd »

It would be cool if it could be bought somewhere, and if it can't be, it should be. Even an iron on stencil would be kewl... ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Got another question, if i already have animals in the leaderboard and submit new hunt that have 1 animal only, when you submit another hunt for the same animals, it replace the whole hunt or just the animals with the score that was surpassed? in Picca bay i mean, in WRR there is only Bison but in Picca i can get one better banteng and one lowest scoring WB by example, or just one of them at all.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Hey Von, I think the scoring is like this. I have submitted a Bison and WB & Banteng- so I have used up 2 submissions. I could now go back to Piccabean or WRR and try to better the score. In WRR all I could improve upon would be the Bison- but, if I failed at that, then I would have used up all my attempts- because now i have used 3 attempts. However if I go to Piccabean then I can improve on both the Banteng and WB if I'm lucky- If I submit a hunt from Piccabean where only my WB was improved upon, then that is the animal that would be submitted, and I would have used up all 3 attempts. I actually dig the way Tod thought this out- three animals, three attempts, two reserves, one reserve that has two of the animals. SO most folks would use their WRR attempt and then use two other attempts for Piccabean- where you have a better chance at improving two animals as opposed to one. I hope that helps and I hope I ain't wrong... ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Yeah that's what i wanted to know, now i have to go to WRR and get a Bison, then with the last attempt try to get better animals in Picca, the thing is that normally i see WB and Banteng aplenty just at the start of my hunts, but in this one i saw 2 males and the best one was after the 2hours limit, was like Murphy's law, i hope get a good Bison because like the others i am counting with the extra attempt to make a second run in Picca. ;)

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

I did what I could for this one but I got hosed with my first hunt. 10 minutes in for the first one we lost our power and we were dark for a half hour. Sucks too, had a decent bison to start off (better than what I posted) and was headed to collect another one I downed and *BOOM* went dark in the house. Pretty dark in the basement where my playroom is :lol:

I'm happy with my WB though, score was shabby but he was a fat one. Might be the heaviest I've bagged to date. Seen a lot spot to 1200 but I'll take an 1192 the way this one scores. I was planning for 2 hunts on PB but with a lost attempt I had no options.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

:arrow: Radamus- yep, that there WB is indeed a fatty. I spotted a lot at 1200 too- but they never are. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Seifer wrote:In the likely event that I don't win 8-) Is this shirt available to buy somewhere? I'd rock it :P
Not available. I did find this older one. On sale, even! https://www.cooleternity.com/men-s-tee- ... 487-online

But I would also buy one in the right size if they were for sale.

OK, now... C'mon North Americans!!!!! (save me some postage) :D :D
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

Tod1d wrote:
Seifer wrote:In the likely event that I don't win 8-) Is this shirt available to buy somewhere? I'd rock it :P
Not available. I did find this older one. On sale, even! https://www.cooleternity.com/men-s-tee- ... 487-online
That one doesn't look as good as the one that's up for grabs ;)
Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉
XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Post by XxStrong1xX »

I really like this comp a lot Tod but it would have been nice to have more than 3 attempts or for it not to be 1 shot 1 kill with the messed up hit boxes in the game. On my final attempt last night I shot a decent Bison high in the shoulder and get an "intestines" hit that he survived and I had to shoot him again to finish him thus disqualifying myself again. Still for my first UHC comp a lot of fun and Congrats to whoever wins and those that were able to get all 3 animals!

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

XxStrong1xX wrote:I really like this comp a lot Tod but it would have been nice to have more than 3 attempts or for it not to be 1 shot 1 kill with the messed up hit boxes in the game. On my final attempt last night I shot a decent Bison high in the shoulder and get an "intestines" hit that he survived and I had to shoot him again to finish him thus disqualifying myself again. Still for my first UHC comp a lot of fun and Congrats to whoever wins and those that were able to get all 3 animals!
There is no "one shot / one kill" rule. You can shoot them as many times as you want. And as many animals as you want.
The scoresheet will find the highest scoring animal of each species that beats any existing score on your leaderboard entry and allow you to submit it.

The 3 attempts is to make the comp accessible to those that have limited hunting time, without giving a big advantage to those that can play many hours.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!

Return to “Competitions”