Fur -n- Feather

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
RudiRR
Scout

Re: Fur -n- Feather

Post by RudiRR »

Why 10 ga is not allowed?
Rebeljohn2
Tracker

Post by Rebeljohn2 »

small gauge , lever action , more of a rifle, imo , idk ...
Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

Rebeljohn2 wrote:small gauge
You are aware that 10 gauge is a bigger bore than 12, 16 or 20?

The unit describes how many round lead balls of the calibre can be cast from a pound of lead.
Or in other words the weight of a single round lead ball fitting the bore as a fraction.

10 gauge shoots a 1/10th pound ball, while a 20 gauge only fits a lead ball half the weight.
Last edited by Knut on July 13th, 2018, 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

RudiRR wrote:Why 10 ga is not allowed?
I would think it is not allowed because SoftShoe is trying to keep this comp more on the realistic side of things and the 10G is not normally used for pheasant and rabbits but more for Goose and Turkey.
Spoiler:
RudiRR
Scout

Post by RudiRR »

RidgeBack69 wrote:
RudiRR wrote:Why 10 ga is not allowed?
I would think it is not allowed because SoftShoe is trying to keep this comp more on the realistic side of things and the 10G is not normally used for pheasant and rabbits but more for Goose and Turkey.
Ok. more realism. I like it.
Rebeljohn2
Tracker

Post by Rebeljohn2 »

no i have no clue how the gauge works been lookin crap up all day and learning all kinds of crap about it , i realize now the 10g is a bigger bore , i was never a gun enthusiast. but imma learning....thats really good info tho
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

Oh no, my worst fear for a species-limited comp like this has come to life! I just had to DQ my first attempt, with one pheasant and about 30mins left to finish, when I spotted this..

NT WT, 281.617

Picked up the tracks of twenty-seven different rabbits and the only decent one was my very first harvest of 1.79kg, then could not find pheasant for the life of me even after crushing them for the past two days, the choice wasn't really difficult lol. Loving this comp, loving the pointer, good luck all!
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

I tried to submit this hunt https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/ridg ... n/81939464
But the expedition checker is saying "Unpermitted weapons were used" all other checks are fine. Yet it still let me submit the hunt.
Spoiler:
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

J_Birdman wrote:Oh no, my worst fear for a species-limited comp like this has come to life! I just had to DQ my first attempt, with one pheasant and about 30mins left to finish, when I spotted this..

NT WT, 281.617

Picked up the tracks of twenty-seven different rabbits and the only decent one was my very first harvest of 1.79kg, then could not find pheasant for the life of me even after crushing them for the past two days, the choice wasn't really difficult lol. Loving this comp, loving the pointer, good luck all!
Congrats & I dont blame you! I also carry a 44 with me on the hunt just because you never know what you are going to see.

haruorhs
Spotter

Post by haruorhs »

I am not able to send my hunt, something is wrong because it is my first hunt, and he is saying that my attempts are exhausted
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/haru ... n/81940578

Return to “Competitions”