Fur -n- Feather

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
J_Birdman
Hunter

Re: Fur -n- Feather

Post by J_Birdman »

Same here, this should be my second attempt since I scrubbed my first attempt last night.
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/j_bi ... n/81940669
SoftShoe wrote:Congrats & I dont blame you! I also carry a 44 with me on the hunt just because you never know what you are going to see.
Thanks! I actually only equipped one shotgun and a box of shells for the hunt, which took a lot of self-control lol, but luckily I was within render distance of a tent and was able to find a track to work from. I'm finding this is a pretty intense comp trying to fill my bag, one harvest every 22.5 minutes on average sounds good on paper but I'm really feeling the pressure to get them to your grandmother in time! :D
Madmiguez

Post by Madmiguez »

i couldent submit the score, i think is all right and is a good score but i cant submit :( I´ve tried to hunt again but a text tells me that i heve no more attempts left ???

https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/madm ... n/81934431
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

On my first go at this and had to take a break- First off- thank god there isn't a limit on shots or I wouldn't be able to complete a hunt. I'm confident I can get this with only one box of shells but the first try is the worst I guess. Have I mentioned how bad I hate rabbits? :lol: - Pheasant are a piece of cake but these rabbits are -------- me off.

Are your ears burning Softshoe? they should be :twisted:
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

That's a tough one, but fun! My first try was a practice attempt it seems. I've been following an up to 2 kg female rabbit track, I had already spooked her twice without getting a shot off. Suddenly I heard hopping sounds and saw a rabbit run from me - this time I quickly raised my Blaser shotgun and killed... him! Of course it was another rabbit, a male one with 1.2kgs - great! Found the big one later, she scored a nice 1906!

The second big rabbit girl that I followed ran in circles and came back to me. I grinned, raised the weapon and shot - just half a second after she had stopped! Of course the score sheet said "Idle". *ragequit!*

Still got two attempt left, so...
Image Image Image
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

I did my first submission to the original rules of 10 shots and got it done in 8. That was for you SoftShoe :)
I completely dropped that mind set on the second attempt and went shot crazy but still couldn't manage to use the whole box of shells. :D
Spoiler:
haruorhs
Spotter

Post by haruorhs »

Madmiguez wrote:i couldent submit the score, i think is all right and is a good score but i cant submit :( I´ve tried to hunt again but a text tells me that i heve no more attempts left ???

https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/madm ... n/81934431
same problem here
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Obviously a bunch of bunny hunters way better than me. I stand as good a shot as I would in a ptarm comp- yep, it's that bad :lol:
I was able to fill my tag - took 21 shots - My spot/trk on rabbits is decent enough, I can hear them just can't see the damn things. I messed up taking a few minutes of a break I guess - tapped the last one and ended hunt 3hr 2min 12 seconds- But that's ok, came away with some good lessons and refresher hunting bunnies. Man, if only I had a beagle to run them rabbits, how damn awesome would that be???? ....

btw- as I said been a while since I hunted them - but I have to comment on one thing- Jesus these things must be a bag of blood- They make one hell of a mess! :lol:
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Were the rules about only 1 ox of shell or 10shot limit removed? because i don't see those now in the original post, and got me confused about if i can carry more ammo or make more shots.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

VonStratos wrote:Were the rules about only 1 ox of shell or 10shot limit removed? because i don't see those now in the original post, and got me confused about if i can carry more ammo or make more shots.
There is no shot limit now, nor a limit on how many different shotgun/shell types you can use during an attempt, and the 10 GA is still forbidden.
Tod1d wrote:OK, I talked it over with SoftShoe, and we've decided to just eliminate the shot limit.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

I submitted a hunt, but in the check i had 2 red X, one told that my hunt was over 2hours, and yes was 2 hours and 20mins, but rules said 3 hours max, and the other was for non permitted ammo, but i only shoot bird shells, still the system accepted my hunt and i got a score in the leaderboard, but was weird :?

this was the hunt:
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/vonh ... n/81948342

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."

Return to “Competitions”