Fur -n- Feather

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
joe0786

Re: Fur -n- Feather

Post by joe0786 »

I really enjoyed the comp. The realism added a little something extra to the hunt. Thank you for hosting and congratulations to the winners

Code: Select all

select all[signature=joe0786][/signature]
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

Hey how about that, turns out that I actually did participate in this comp and earned a leaderboard spot, three days after it ended. Thanks for not bothering to simply add it before and thanks for not bothering to let me know now, Tod. Top-notch stuff.

Thanks again for the comp SoftShoe, looking forward to the next!
Faultier
Hunter

Post by Faultier »

Congrats to the Winners :)
Thanks SoftShoe and UHC for hosting.
Stats
Spoiler:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

J_Birdman wrote:Hey how about that, turns out that I actually did participate in this comp and earned a leaderboard spot, three days after it ended. Thanks for not bothering to simply add it before and thanks for not bothering to let me know now, Tod. Top-notch stuff.
I can understand the frustration, J_Birdman, but do you know how much work Tod puts into each of those competitions? As someone who's hosted on UHC I can tell you that he invests lots of hours of his free time to write the code and such. I'd recommend to take issues like those a little easier.
Image Image Image
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
J_Birdman wrote:Hey how about that, turns out that I actually did participate in this comp and earned a leaderboard spot, three days after it ended. Thanks for not bothering to simply add it before and thanks for not bothering to let me know now, Tod. Top-notch stuff.
I can understand the frustration, J_Birdman, but do you know how much work Tod puts into each of those competitions? As someone who's hosted on UHC I can tell you that he invests lots of hours of his free time to write the code and such. I'd recommend to take issues like those a little easier.
Yes, I do know, as I've thanked him many times for his efforts and support, and of course don't take issue with them. What I do take issue with is how it was handled, and in this particular instance I know that it was handled poorly and disrespectfully. I know other things too. I know that a co-founder/co-owner of UHC should understand that their contestants would like to have their efforts recorded along with everyone else who worked for a leaderboard spot. I know that a co-founder/co-owner of UHC knows that we get UHC Points for earning a spot on the leaderboard. I also know that Tod checked my hunt(s) at some point before announcing the final Top 3, and could have simply added my entry at that point. I also know that he had another opportunity to simply just add my entry when I answered his query here and told him that mine was missing, yet he instead chose to answer with the rhetorical question, "Was it a top 3 score?". Finally, I know that because my entry wasn't simply added with the rest, either from the start or after it was brought up again, everyone else has to now bear witness to this ridiculous mini-drama.

What I do not know is if I'm the only one who didn't get their efforts/valid comp attempt(s) added to the leaderboard. For any others that haven't been given that simple respect, that sucks, you should notify UHC and ask/demand that your entry be added.

Would anyone else like to admonish me?
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

I've had to remove some posts from this thread. Please keep the drama in PM's. Thanks.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Hey Hawkeye! Back among the living!
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:

Return to “Competitions”