Fur -n- Feather

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Fur -n- Feather

Post by SoftShoe »

Small game season is always one of my favorite times of year. There is just something about walking through the fields in the fall with the smell of the leaves & the cool but not yet cold weather. The feel of your trusty scattergun in your hands & the soft tinkle of the shells rattling in your pockets. Then comes the moment when a ringneck or rabbit flush. The only thing finer is if your lucky enough to have a good pointer with you. Many years ago I used to have a Viszla trained to point & flush with whistle commands. What a joy she was to hunt with & I think she enjoyed it more than I did! Her excitement when she saw me getting out the shotgun you couldnt help but laugh at. Ahh I miss that ole girl!!!

My brother & I would shove a box of ammo each into our pockets & go hunting together. We always had a running competition of sorts to see who could bring home the most (within legal limit) & the biggest just so we could have her grandma cook for us. We had to be careful & get back early enough so that she had time to make it for dinner though. There are few things finer than very fresh rabbit & pheasant. Somehow it seems to lose its appeal after a night in the fridge.

You are invited to join our little competition but make sure you stick to the hunting regulations & get back in time!

Starts-July 13th 2018, 20:00 EDT
Ends- July 15th 2018, 20:00 EDT

Rules and Conditions

Species: Rabbit & Pheasant
Reserves: Loggers Point
Weapons: Any ethical shotgun Except 10ga
Scoring: Total combined weight
Equipment: No restrictions. You are permitted to use any clothes, stands, calls, lures or dogs that you own.

Special Requirements:
Daily bag limit is 6 rabbits (either gender) & 2 pheasants (male only). No other animals may be harvested during the hunt If you go over the bag limit or shoot something out of season the game warden will confiscate the animals (score will not count & 1 attempt have been used)
Rabbits MUST be shot while running/fleeing, pheasants MUST be shot while flying.
Max # Submissions: 3. You must submit the expedition, not the animals.

Expedition (Hunt) Requirements:
Hunts must begin after the comp start, and end before the comp ends.
Hunts/Scoresheets must be submitted within 30 minutes of hunt ending. (No Sandbagging)
Hunts must be at least 30 minutes real time (1 game hour) (No Spawn-mashing)
Max Hunt Duration: 3 hours real time
Attempts: 3

Player Requirements:Single player only

Registration - REGISTER HERE
Registration is required prior to beginning a hunt from which scores are submitted. Participants can register right up until the end of the competition.

Leaderboard - LIVE LEADERBOARD HERE
The leaderboards for this competition will be updated in real time. Please use the link above to keep track of the competition.

Prizes
The prizes for this competition are as follows:

1st Place: _2,000_ em$
2nd Place: _1,000_ em$
3rd Place: _500_ em$

Questions?
Please feel free to ask on this forum thread, or send me a private message.

Errors & Bugs
If you find an error in this thread, or a bug with the competition system, please send me a private message.

Conditions
I reserve the right to modify the rules and terms of this competition at any time between the date and time of this post, and the start of the competition. I also reserve the right to cancel this competition at any time.
UHC and competition hosts reserve the right to disqualify any participant at their discretion for any reason, including but not limited to: cheating, unsportsmanlike conduct, harassment, et. al.
Discrepancies & ambiguities in the rules or scoring site will be addressed by UHC or the competition host as expediently as possible.

Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: Fur -n- Feather

Post by Tanngnjostr »

No one. Thanks, SoftShoe! :)
Image Image Image
Faultier
Hunter

Post by Faultier »

nice and simple. and great presentation with the little story , adds some personality and charm to the comp. well done SoftShoe
Stats
Spoiler:
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

I like hunt pheasant, i have not hunt rabbits in a while so this comp gonna be like a good chance to recover some practice, maybe i even pick the new dog to found the rabbits XD count me in sir.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Nice comp man! Love this idea. How to get this one fact through - from the start of the comp you have 30 shotgun shells PERIOD- can't overstate that one in big red letters. I got you as soon as I read the outline because this is REAL hunting regs as I remember them. 2 ringnecks, couldn't shoot hens and 6 rabbits. Squirrels were also 6 in a day and grouse were 2 in a day - don't remember quail, maybe a dozen if I recall. Anyway, yeah, it's really just how it is for rabbit/game bird season. Nice layout. I don't know that I ever carried more than a box of 25 if I even carried that man, more like a dozen or so.

It's also hard to beat a Viszla, they are awesome dogs. There's a gal at work who has a pair of racing rescues - Fred and Ethel, they are just beautiful and loving, really smart dogs. I'd never been around them before but man, they are just the best.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Ok one question, i got the idea of only one box of shotgun shells, obviously bird shot for the comp, but no other ammo and or weapon can be carried in inventory?

ImageImage
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

VonStratos wrote:Ok one question, i got the idea of only one box of shotgun shells, obviously bird shot for the comp, but no other ammo and or weapon can be carried in inventory?
No point in it, can't shoot anything else- We're out on a small game hunt - 6 rabbits and 2 ringnecks- that's it and all we have is a shotgun or shotguns but all we have is 30 shells period start to finish.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Radamus wrote:
VonStratos wrote:Ok one question, i got the idea of only one box of shotgun shells, obviously bird shot for the comp, but no other ammo and or weapon can be carried in inventory?
No point in it, can't shoot anything else-
Rad has the idea. No reason you cant carry another gun but if you take an animal with it you forfeit your hunt.

BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Gonna do what I can with this comp. Not havin' much luck shootin' things with the shotgun in another comp. Maybe I'll succeed here. Who knows... :lol: :lol: Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

We can carry more than one shotgun if they share only one box of shells? i like use the pump on rabbits for the slug scope, and the Blaser on the pheasant or anything that flies.

ImageImage

Return to “Competitions”