"Late Summer Hunt II" by BCKidd

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
BCKidd

Re: "Late Summer Hunt II" by BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Radamus wrote:Grats to al! and Good job Drifter! Great to see a pair of Ole' Glory up on the podium! :D

I had a blast binge hunting just to complete it in basically a week. I had some nice animals along the way and at least 1 new PB roe.
I'm all for changing the minimum distance for bow. I'd like no limits because single shot kills, especially with this HV portion, I think that's hard enough - Certainly we would've gotten more 100's without the 40m.
I even managed to catch some of Mat's Twitch yesterday- didn't see the lynx though, had another reserve to hunt for this :D

Great job BC! Helluva comp man.
All things are possible- a distance change will be considered for the next one. Thanks for the kudos on hosting a good comp! ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

I think 30mts is a good minimum distance, it allow good penetration with shotgun slugs, and good penetration for bowhunting, some animals like the Wild Boar are kind of hard for a slug, but also lets see what new weapons and circumstances are around next year, and by circumstances i mean something like the "bear barrel bug", or new animals, or new game-play additions that can affect the competition. But overall the competition was great and very challenging, and there are not many changes that i can think of, maybe adjust the weapon selection according to what would be available next year, like the Drilling and so.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Yes, weapon selection is another consideration. Thanks for your input- Von. I hope more will do the same. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
grancazador
Scout

Post by grancazador »

Thanks BC for host this comp. I really appreciate the prize.
congrats to the other winners and to all participants and thanks a lot to the UHC people for the support .
Spoiler:
Buena Caza
Faultier
Hunter

Post by Faultier »

Grats to the Top 4 !!! and thanks BCKidd for hosting this one, it has been fun.
unfortunately i couldn`t get a good one of each animal within time. :(
next time i am better prepared 8-)
but with some new personal bests , a few fur variations and nt`s i dont go out empty handed, so im quite happy overall :)
Stats
Spoiler:
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

Congrats to all the winners, and all those who filled out their tags. You guys & gals are nuts, great job. :)
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

BCKidd wrote:A pic of Morrison's grave would be awesome! It would make a great new Avatar.
There you go (even though... I'm not sure about that avatar idea :? ):
Spoiler:
Image Image Image
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

OMG! Frigging awesome Tann! Yeah, way too big for an avatar. It is cool to see folks are still visiting that grave and leavin' things in tribute. Thank you Tann... very very cool! I certainly saved these images to my hrdrv. You took some awesome pictures, undoubtedly. 8-) ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

BCKidd wrote:OMG! Frigging awesome Tann! Yeah, way too big for an avatar. It is cool to see folks are still visiting that grave and leavin' things in tribute. Thank you Tann... very very cool! I certainly saved these images to my hrdrv. You took some awesome pictures, undoubtedly.
You're welcome, thanks!

Not only do people still visit that grave, it seems to be the most famous one on this huge cemetery. As you can see below it's protected by a small fence and it was hard to get pictures of it without other folks in view. There was definitely more traffic than at Oscar Wilde's grave! And there's this strange thing with the chewing gum tree - I don't know what it means or if you ever heard of it. Basically there's one tree close to Morrisons's grave that is covered in chewing gum. They put some kind of bamboo around the stem in order to protect the bark. Look at this shot, you can see a part of the tree and the grave in the background...

Last edited by Tanngnjostr on September 16th, 2018, 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

I heard about that tree- but do not know its meaning- JimboCrow is a big Morrison fan too and hopefully he'll chime in eventually- or anyone else that enjoys "the Doors" music and maybe they can give us some insight. I would like to know its meaning, that is for sure. I s'ppose one could Google it... but I like a bit of mystery in my life and that "gum tree" is one of 'em. :D Peace.

BCKidd.

Keep it real!

Return to “Competitions”