"Late Summer Hunt II" by BCKidd

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
VonStratos
Outfitter

Re: "Late Summer Hunt II" by BCKidd

Post by VonStratos »

BCKidd wrote:
TROPICIEL3 wrote:The BC contest is conceived very well and one shot - one death refers to hunting in real reality, and the best way to this contest is to get the highest scored animal and finish the hunt in order not to spoil the game. I did not report a few very good animals to the competition because I kept playing and spoiled the game.
I messed up a nice RM Elk- I too got greedy on a wolf, and missed the shot. I was furious- but that is what happens for sure. The way I approached this comp was to harvest 1 of each as high scoring as I could find, and when the roster was full from the species on a particular reserve, I went back and tried to better the scores. Once the roster was full, it didn't matter which animals I harvested, 'cause only the ones scoring better mattered. I found that approach to be less nerve rackin'... :lol: Glad you are all enjoy the comp. I am too. 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.

That is exactly the same strategy that i used, and i am still using in my hunts, so usually i got one or two animals per hunt, once i fill the roster of the reserve i am free to shoot anything, but its a very restraining strategy since you must let pass other animals and resist the temptation of make some shots that could end in a miss, it take a lot of self control.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

Radamus wrote:BC, one thing I've come to like is the scoring setup. Now, why, or for what practical reasoning I don't know and it may just be a mental thing if you can grab that 100 points or close to it for HV. As usual it's going to come down to that CSS and basic scoring but it does add a fuzz of a twist. So I give that a thumbs up! I think anyone who grabs a top end score and has at least a 90HV I think you take that and move it. But over a course of 27 hides, could be a decider as well.

Can't remember the last time I took the Blaser out after pigs- They seem tougher than I can recall :lol: ~ the 1-shot got me on a 937 - It's ok though, there's better out there. This comp will push you into uncomfortable every moment- in that sense, it's a homerun in my book~ Certainly one of those comps where you better pull those boot straps up good and tight and put on the thick skin. ;)
This is what I have been wondering about the scoring. Radamus, you're saying that even with all your 1-shot kills you're finding that it may be difficult to get an average HV over 90 points, even with a total of 27 animals? If so, I find that really interesting, and shows that I don't pay enough attention to the HV value when looking at my harvest screens. It makes me wonder which of these permitted weapons vs. which animals are the ones producing low HV results. Maybe I should have entered this comp after all, for science! :lol:
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

If the animal drop in the spot with heart or double lung shot the hv is usually 100%, but if the animal run for a few meters with lets say a single lung, lung shot, the hv is around 90%, and if the animal flee far with a intestine shot then it can drop to almost 20-30% hv or even 0, at least that is what i have seen during my hunts in this comp.

So, the trick is to make the most of the bullet penetration and get as close to the 40mts mark as possible before shot. easier said than done :twisted:

ImageImage
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

I told you there were better pigs out there! Unfortunately, I'd already taken a pig and switched guns to go for bear- I had small girls on a barrel so I wasn't passing this one up -
Good example on the HV portion - hog@50m dbl lung - 91HV - wound time=4 seconds. After blowing 2 hunts already, I'll take this and roll.

"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Nice one Rad! Hittin' the heart on any of the critters is tough. It always seems to be dbl lung, least wise that is what I'm noticing. ;) Peace.

:arrow: J_Birdman There you go, you should have. ;) 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
TROPICIEL3
Tracker

Post by TROPICIEL3 »

It is best to shoot in the brain or heart, but to get a rifle in the heart must be completely stabilized and of course you need to know where to aim. I suggest to practice stabilizing the rifle at long distances on WR
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

Ok, I get it now. As far as the bows go, it's a "guarantee'd" 1-shot kill, but the catch/risk is the poorer shots may result in a much longer wound time and thus possibly a much lower HV. That's a really neat dynamic. Thanks guys, happy hunting in your final push.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Mission accomplished, finally i got a decent mule and got the 27 animals in the roster, i have some margin for improve the score, not much maybe but i did it, i did beat the challenge. How Ironic, from all the animals in TgT the Mule was by far the hardest to get.

ImageImage
vortex1957
Tracker

Post by vortex1957 »

Yahoo, just completed harvesting all 27 animal (a great feat in its self :lol: ). Great comp BCKidd. A lot of ups and downs but all in all it was fun. Got some new personal bests, covered alot more regions of the reserves. I even have time left in the comp to get some better scores on TGT, if I can find the time ;)
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

VonStratos wrote:Mission accomplished, finally i got a decent mule and got the 27 animals in the roster, i have some margin for improve the score, not much maybe but i did it, i did beat the challenge. How Ironic, from all the animals in TgT the Mule was by far the hardest to get.
Awesome! Did you use the 12Ga? 8-) Peace
vortex1957 wrote:Yahoo, just completed harvesting all 27 animal (a great feat in its self :lol: ). Great comp BCKidd. A lot of ups and downs but all in all it was fun. Got some new personal bests, covered alot more regions of the reserves. I even have time left in the comp to get some better scores on TGT, if I can find the time ;)
Right on- it was certainly not easy. Glad you finished up. Now all those with 27 critters can try to improve all the animals from TgT. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.

Return to “Competitions”