"Late Summer Hunt II" by BCKidd

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
VonStratos
Outfitter

Re: "Late Summer Hunt II" by BCKidd

Post by VonStratos »

Seifer wrote:
Cajunscout wrote:Well, no chance of actually winning this comp, I just hope I can make a decent showing. I am giving it all I can between work and the Honey dos, then tomorrow my grand daughters come in for two weeks so that's going to cut into my time, but I will give it any free time I can. Now if the hit box god will give me a break I would really be happy. now to try and find a nice boar.
Good luck all and more importantly have fun.
You couldn't have said it better. Having fun is the more important part :P

Exactly, and besides with the rules of this comp i think even get the 27 animals is quite an accomplishment, let alone win the competition. :)
By the way: i am very stuck looking for a moose in hemm that can be considered even decent scoring, but now i would take a 140 and would move on. :(

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

VonStratos wrote:
Seifer wrote:
Cajunscout wrote:Well, no chance of actually winning this comp, I just hope I can make a decent showing. I am giving it all I can between work and the Honey dos, then tomorrow my grand daughters come in for two weeks so that's going to cut into my time, but I will give it any free time I can. Now if the hit box god will give me a break I would really be happy. now to try and find a nice boar.
Good luck all and more importantly have fun.
You couldn't have said it better. Having fun is the more important part :P

Exactly, and besides with the rules of this comp i think even get the 27 animals is quite an accomplishment, let alone win the competition. :)
By the way: i am very stuck looking for a moose in hemm that can be considered even decent scoring, but now i would take a 140 and would move on. :(
Yeah, having fun is the most important thing, I totally agree. Yes, Von, I too got tired of chasin' Moose on Hemm. Sometimes you find nice ones and other times they all look like crap- and the trophy score proves that they are. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Once more for the sake of mental sanity i left this reserve, a 137 score moose was the better i saw in more of 2 hours of roaming Hemmeldal, not counting the hunts before that were a 155 was the best... It was a frozen hell, but now finally i go to VdB, a relaxing place full of Reds, and Roe, and goats, not fan of goats but they are easy to pick from afar with the .243, and i can try my new .223 in those Roe... so much screaming and scaring away my other preys in Hemm, but now is payback time xD.

ImageImage
vortex1957
Tracker

Post by vortex1957 »

BCKidd wrote: ] I too got tired of chasin' Moose on Hemm. Sometimes you find nice ones and other times they all look like crap- and the trophy score proves that they are. ;) Peace.[/u]

BCKidd.
First night on Hemm, didn't do too bad. A 28.66 Brown, 607.825 Reindeer (both new personal bests for me) and a 149 moose :( (probably give the moose another chance to improve itself)
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Another trophy moose on Hemmeldal... first shot from 45 meters - stomach! Follow-up shot from 112 meters - double lung! *sigh*

Excuse the picture.

Oh, it was a 216 by the way.
Image Image Image
Faultier
Hunter

Post by Faultier »

wow , you are lucky :) first that huge roe and now this big moose , too bad it didn`t count for the comp.

and a nice NT buck , vortex1957. I think i found his brother today :D
scored 303.622

after struggling to find any 20 + bears on settlers i finaly got one worth submitting.
hope it doesnt take so long to find a turkey so i can leave that map and never come back again :lol:
Stats
Spoiler:
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Tanngnjostr wrote:Another trophy moose on Hemmeldal... first shot from 45 meters - stomach! Follow-up shot from 112 meters - double lung! *sigh*

Excuse the picture.

Oh, it was a 216 by the way.

Its look like your avatar is checking if is male or female, a tip, if got antlers is male ;)
But seriously, great moose Tanngnjostr, for me that happened with the boars in Hirsch, i settled for a small one at the end, there is a thin line between fun and frustration. :)

And Faultier that is a monster, congratulations, more trophy animals showing up in the competition.

ImageImage
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Awesomeness! Great trophies showin' up for some of you. That is great stuff. Nice NT Faultier- nice moose Tann! The Red Deer are givin' me issues now. :x ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

VonStratos wrote:Its look like your avatar is checking if is male or female, a tip, if got antlers is male ;)
Actually I was just trying to get a look inside to check his hit boxes. Judging from the look on its face, the moose seems to enjoy it. :D

Great non-typical, Faultier! :)
Image Image Image
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
VonStratos wrote:Its look like your avatar is checking if is male or female, a tip, if got antlers is male ;)
Actually I was just trying to get a look inside to check his hit boxes. Judging from the look on its face, the moose seems to enjoy it. :D

Great non-typical, Faultier! :)
I'm voting for your photo for Trophy shot of the month Tann!!! :lol: :lol:

You know how you get rid of chapped lips? You lift up the tail of a moose and kiss. It doesn't cure 'em, but boy, you sure don't lick 'em!!! :D

Return to “Competitions”