How are people making 400m+ shots out of render on competitions??

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
ELKSHOOTER28

How are people making 400m+ shots out of render on competitions??

Post by ELKSHOOTER28 »

I'm getting tired of joining these competitions for range and people getting 400m shots yet its literally impossible for anybody to render past 320m.

Someone please respond and tell me how this is possible, as every competition I join for range I lose due to people pulling off these crazy shots.

Thanks.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Re: How are people making 400m+ shots out of render on competitions??

Post by caledonianblues »

It's possible because of elevation and the Pythagorean theorem. Everything you need to know is here.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

ELKSHOOTER28 wrote:I'm getting tired of joining these competitions for range and people getting 400m shots yet its literally impossible for anybody to render past 320m.

Someone please respond and tell me how this is possible, as every competition I join for range I lose due to people pulling off these crazy shots.

Thanks.
Why do you keep joining them then ? Stop getting frustrated and play normally and / or do comps that you can enjoy .
Been playing for almost 5 years now and i don't even enter those because of what they are .
If you can't do what these guys do , even a minimum , i suggest you leave them comps alone .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

Caledonianblues has the right link. Its all about elevation, i remember about 2 weeks ago i was with my friend on whiterime and we saw dalls at over 500m, they never even fled when were were shooting because they were so far, but still visible since we had the height
Nathan22Outdoors
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Ha! Dolls ran from me when I was way farther than 500m! Never mind, you said Dalls, not Dolls. :lol:

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

I was up on the high mountain in WRR last night, the Dall didn't run from me at all a couple times.

Stan, don't be chasing any dolls man, they got laws about that stuff these days :D
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

stancomputerhunter wrote:Ha! Dolls ran from me when I was way farther than 500m! Never mind, you said Dalls, not Dolls. :lol:
Lmao Stan you always crack me up :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nathan22Outdoors
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

I wonder again, how can someone hit a bear at 400 mt away without scope...
Last edited by Tod1d on August 14th, 2018, 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed [questioning or arguing moderator actions]
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

its not that hard.500m is what the game hit registers at for some reason at the moment.400m is pretty straight forward even iron sighted.could go to my barrel right now on VDB and do it within first few shots.many people who do the long shots regular specialize in it.once you learned the spots to do it at and where to aim its pretty easy.the hardwork is finding the places or getting the animals in the position you want.which can take a long time.
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

ronMctube wrote:its not that hard.500m is what the game hit registers at for some reason at the moment.400m is pretty straight forward even iron sighted.could go to my barrel right now on VDB and do it within first few shots.many people who do the long shots regular specialize in it.once you learned the spots to do it at and where to aim its pretty easy.the hardwork is finding the places or getting the animals in the position you want.which can take a long time.
Ok. My personal best without scope is 192m, I play on a 24" screen and at that range without scope, a grizzly is just a faint dot. That's why I dont understand how you can figure out where to aim at 400m, twice of that distance. So, there needs your video :mrgreen:

Return to “Competitions”