Satan's Beast Competition

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Satan's Beast Competition

Post by Tod1d »

Satan's Beast
Harvest 2 Bobcat, 1 Male, 1 Female in the same hunt with a bow/crossbow

Starts-Jul 14th 2018, 00:00 BST
Ends- Jul 24th 2018, 23:59 BST

Rules and Conditions

Species: Bobcat
Reserves: Whitehart Island, Logger's Point, Settler Creeks, Rougaroo Bayou
Weapons: Bow / Crossbow
Scoring: Male + Female Score
Special Requirements:
  • One Shot Kills
  • No Platform (Treestand, Tower, Tripod, Tripod Rest, Blind, etc..)
Expedition (Hunt) Requirements:
  • Hunts must begin after the comp start, and end before the comp ends.
  • Hunts/Scoresheets must be submitted within 90 minutes of hunt ending. (No Sandbagging)
  • Hunts must be at least 30 minutes real time (1 game hour) (No Spawn-mashing)
  • Max Hunt Duration 7 hours
  • All in one hunt. You must submit a male & a female for a valid hunt
  • SP Only
Registration - REGISTER HERE
Registration is required prior to beginning a hunt from which scores are submitted. Participants can register right up until the end of the competition.

Leaderboard - LIVE LEADERBOARD HERE
The leaderboards for this competition will be updated in real time. Please use the link above to keep track of the competition.

Prizes
The prizes for this competition are as follows:
  • 1st Place: 3,000 em$
    2nd Place: 2,000 em$
    3rd Place: 1,000 em$
Bonus Prizes
EMBELLISHED BONUS (Rare)
To any and all top ten finisher , a $500em will be given for a rare Bobcat in your pair . Male or female .
In case you get one rare M and one rare F, you still get only one $500em .
One bonus per eligible player.
Rare being : Albino / Melanistic .

DEVILISH CONSOLATION BONUS
To all participants, at the end of the comp ,who will have a female Bobcat scoring 6.666 in their final submitted combined scores, two (2) random players will be drawn to receive ,$500 each .The position and / or combined scores you finish with,will have no effect in the draw .All eligible players will have the same chance at the bonus .
The eligible players will be checked by the UHC system and a random automated selection will be made at the end of the comp.

Questions?

Can i use the E-caller ?
Yes you can .

Can i use a shooting tripod rest ?
You can try .

Can i have other species harvested in my hunt ?
Yes. You can .

The other species, do they need to be one shot kill also ?
No.

How many attempts do i have ?
You have unlimited attempts.

How many submissions do i have ?
You have unlimited submissions.

Can i improve my score ?
Yes you can. You can improve your score as many times as you want, Like you read above ''unlimited submissions '' BUT, keep in mind that your Bobcat couple will be from a complete new hunt all the time .You can't just improve one of the two required scores .

Any other questions, please feel free to ask on this forum thread, or send me a private message.

Errors & Bugs
If you find an error in this thread, or a bug with the competition system, please send me a private message.

Conditions
I reserve the right to modify the rules and terms of this competition at any time between the date and time of this post, and the start of the competition. I also reserve the right to cancel this competition at any time.
UHC and competition hosts reserve the right to disqualify any participant at their discretion for any reason, including but not limited to: cheating, unsportsmanlike conduct, harassment, et. al.
Discrepancies & ambiguities in the rules or scoring site will be addressed by UHC or the competition host as expediently as possible.
Last edited by Tod1d on July 10th, 2018, 8:07 pm, edited 6 times in total.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Re: Satan's Beast Competition

Post by DYEUZ »

.... Testing of UHC system underway ....
Registration will open soon

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

now THIS, is a comp ill have to try if i'm here for it.
Nathan22Outdoors
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Very cool, DYEUZ! I'm getting in on this. Haven't hunted many Bcats, but will certainly be participating. Thanks for hosting, thanks to FR_Bugs for sponsoring bonuses, and thanks UHC Staff for the work you'll be puttin' into this one. ;) 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

I understand the spawn smashing rule with the cool down period; however, I am not understanding forcing you to hunt a minimum one hour while there is a cool down period especially since you have a 90 minute window to submit your hunt, unlimited attempts, and unlimited submissions. Killing two bobcats can easily be achieved in less than 60 minutes. Having to wait to end your hunt seems to have no affect other than to annoy the hell out you twiddling your thumbs while watching grass grow. For example, if you are able to kill two good bobcats in 20 minutes, why not let us go ahead and end our hunt and submit our score sheet. You still having to wait 30 minutes before you can hunt again on that reserve anyway. At least we have the game free, so we can hunt other reserves and other species to pass the time. Or if a person is pressed for time, then he can at least get in a quick hunt and submission.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

:arrow: JamboWhoDat ... How is it any different , than , let say , BCKidd's latest comps ?
He had that rule for his last couple comps if i'm not mistaken and also the 1 hr real time hunt for a submission .
I could reduce the time to submit after a hunt to 30 minutes .

Hasn't it ,always been 1 hour real time many times , for a submission ?

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

DYEUZ wrote::arrow: JamboWhoDat ... How is it any different , than , let say , BCKidd's latest comps ?
He had that rule for his last couple comps if i'm not mistaken and also the 1 hr real time hunt for a submission .
I could reduce the time to submit after a hunt to 30 minutes .
It is just something I noticed and have not paid attention too in previous comps. I thought the 30 min/one hour time limits were the original rules put in place to prevent spawn smashing, and the 30 minute cool down period rule was developed as a replacement, so players could end their hunt when they had a trophy animal they wanted to submit. After all, let say you are doing a comp that requires a moose and water buffalo and you get lucky with 235 moose in first 15 minutes. Obviously there is no need to continue hunting for a moose. So you end the hunt and move on to the water buffalo. I am only making mention of the one hour time limit. No big deal about the hunt submission time. I know that rule is put in place to prevent sandbagging. I was referencing it together with your unlimited attempts and submissions to point out that the one hour long hunt time limit was not serving any real purpose and was redundant because the cool down rule is in place. It looks like may be you are copying pasting rules from previous comps and perhaps never really gave it much thought.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

I know that there are some players who feel the 1 hr Real Time is a nuisance, but once they've competed, they have found 1 hr Real Time isn't so bad. It is easy to fill in one hour. Look at the number of participants that are competing, they don't seem to have much issue. I know tho', some do, and some don't. But it really isn't as bad as you're makin' it seem there Jambo. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
sniper68
Spotter

Post by sniper68 »

cool comp i will have a go at this one...and it stars on my B-day big 50 this year.
thx for the comp DYEUZ and anyone els involved.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Regarding the minimum hunt time I think that 30 minutes (real time) had been the "standard" for a while, but some competitions now choose one hour (real time) instead. It's up to the host of course, but I also thought that 30 minutes were enough to prevent spawn mashing. For me it's not the biggest issue because most of the time I do longer hunts anyway, but it can be nerve wrecking when you find a trophy in the first ten minutes and then have to wait another 50 minutes - often with the game paused - and hope that there's no server issues or crashes.

I like the "cooldown rule", but in my opinion the way it was worded for BCKidd's last competition and for this one it has a major flaw. It says:
Short hunts less than 30 mins, disallows you from hunting on the same reserve again for this competition for a cool down period of 30 mins.
I would change it this way:
Short hunts less than 30 mins, disallows you from hunting on any reserve with bobcats for a cool down period of 30 mins.
So people can't spawn mash taking turns on different reserves.

Please understand these as suggestions and not as criticizing this competition. I'm a big fan of "The host makes the rules" and I think this competition is fine the way it is. Looking forward to it, Serge! :)
Image Image Image

Return to “Competitions”