Satan's Beast Competition

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
Rebeljohn2
Tracker

Re: Satan's Beast Competition

Post by Rebeljohn2 »

xOEDragonx wrote:
Faultier wrote:every 2nd or 3rd deer in range of the caller starts fleeing for like 20-30 meters,
and then return to normal walking speed like nothing happend. they don`t spook other animals doing this.
Marc is correct. Bobcats do indeed spook deer, however they don't run away like they would after a gunshot. They spook about 20-30m away from the bobcat then continue on their way. If their way happens to be back in the direction of the bobcat, you'll see them spook again. You can use this knowledge to your advantage since you know the presence of a spooky deer means a bobcat is nearby. Sometimes when I'm treestand hunting for bobcats, I will call in deer and let them stay underneath my stand just because I know the deer will tell me when a bobcat is approaching...
Faultier wrote:sometimes animals run full speed in circles for some time when they are close to the caller (deer / bobcat).
I have witnessed this before and I believe it's a bug. I've only ever seen it happen twice though and both times it was a bobcat. It seems like they will run for all eternity until you do something to stop it. Usually shooting or running at the animal will make it flee like normal. I'm not sure what triggers it or why it happens but it doesn't happen often.
Faultier wrote:i am not experienced with hunting the kittens but they seem pretty unpredictable aswell.
They definitely are and this is what I like most about them. They really are unpredictable. Sometimes they won't come to the e-caller at all. Sometimes they won't come to the predator caller (it only seems to work at all if they're within 100m or so of you when you call, but even then it's not a guarantee). Sometimes they'll come to the e-caller then just... stop. They lose interest and start pouncing on invisible mice. The unpredictability sets them apart from literally every other animal in the game and I love it. As for some spooking farther out and some not spooking when they're on top of you, that could just be another part of their surprising nature. My guess however would be, like with other species, the bigger specimens tend to be spookier. Maybe the cat that spooks 50m away while you're prone with scent eliminator on might just be the big one you've been looking for!
after my cat ran in circles , i spooked it with an arrow , it took off back into the woods, tracked it till it was in sight , it seemed oblivious to my noise and movements through the underbrush i was able to get within 10m only to gut shot it lol.. they are a beast to hunt , stealth doesn't always work, sometimes it's pure luck .. very tough at times , for sure
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

Rebeljohn2 wrote:after my cat ran in circles
Was the bobcat you saw running in a circle attracted to an e-caller before it started running in said circles? If that bug really is happening this frequently, I think it's definitely time for a bug report (or to add any details to an existing one... I'll have to check to see if one already exists).

Edit: There is a bug report for this already. If anyone has any new information to add to it, please do. https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.p ... at#p894520
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Made the board! That was a challenge. This is the last time I ever try cats from the ground with an arrow. Pain in the ass - makes ya hate the things.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Radamus wrote:Made the board! That was a challenge. This is the last time I ever try cats from the ground with an arrow. Pain in the ass - makes ya hate the things.
Yep, it sure is! Damn challenging and off putting for sure, but sure feels good when one is successful. It is always followed with a sigh of relief and a smile and you say to self "I friggin' did it!" :o :lol: Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

BCKidd wrote:
Radamus wrote:Made the board! That was a challenge. This is the last time I ever try cats from the ground with an arrow. Pain in the ass - makes ya hate the things.
Yep, it sure is! Damn challenging and off putting for sure, but sure feels good when one is successful. It is always followed with a sigh of relief and a smile and you say to self "I friggin' did it!" :o :lol: Peace.

BCKidd.
You should be smilin' you got a devil cat! ;)

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
Turboyota

Post by Turboyota »

Tod1d wrote:
I didn't have the RDXbow Forest Camo in the weapons database. Fixed, and on the leaderboard.
Thank you!
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Yeah, that was the only bright spot but it was only because of that I didn't quit. All I was getting was females - one other night all I got was males- FINALLY a male- after 4 and a half hours. God did that suck- and I finally got him after spooking him twice, then missing a shot and spooking him and finally crawling on my belly for 20 minutes stalking his stupid ass.... Yes, felt good to drop him - he took me at least an hour from the first time I knew I had a male on the run. My tracking doesn't give me anything. I get m/f with a call, or visual nothing else.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
LatinJoker69
Hunter

Post by LatinJoker69 »

Congrats to all the winners and to all that posted a score in this event and a definite big thank you to the host(s) and everyone else who took part in making this event possible, was very challenging... ;)
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

LatinJoker69 wrote:Congrats to all the winners and to all that posted a score in this event and a definite big thank you to the host(s) and everyone else who took part in making this event possible, was very challenging... ;)
Indeed. And to Dyeuz for coming up with the idea.

we'll get the prizes out soon
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

LatinJoker69 wrote:Congrats to all the winners and to all that posted a score in this event and a definite big thank you to the host(s) and everyone else who took part in making this event possible, was very challenging... ;)
Oh man, was it ever. I tried a couple different times- never could post anything better. And indeed congrats to the winners! Well played by all.
Tod1d wrote:
Indeed. And to Dyeuz for coming up with the idea.

we'll get the prizes out soon
Yes. Thanks DYEUZ for coming up with the idea! Well thought out and fair. I enjoyed the comp it was laid back and stressful all at the same time, but this is what makes a good comp. Thanks again to you Tod for hosting it in DYEUZ's absents. Thanks for coding it and thanks to UHC for hosting it.

Once again congrats to the winners! ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

Keep it real!

Return to “Competitions”