UHC Interactive Prize Draw | Win a deployable target range bundle

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
J_Birdman
Hunter

Re: UHC Interactive Prize Draw | Win a deployable target range bundle

Post by J_Birdman »

Hahahah, it's all your fault anyway, mentioning that bullet holes don't stay! The render distance thing, I'm somehow semi-confident it will be fixed. But the bullet hole thing, that's the real no-brainer/no-sale for me. They've already stated they removed them on purpose, and now in the SU thread Ridgeback said he can see holes at 495m, so I'm just confused. Anyway, I'm guessing there will be at least one spot left if/when I try, and if so it will be mine, thanks though Mr. Jambo. :)

Just one hole! Just one hole! Say it with me people, let EW hear the din of our roar. Just one hole! :lol:
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

Thank you very much David!
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

J_Birdman wrote:Hahahah, it's all your fault anyway, mentioning that bullet holes don't stay! The render distance thing, I'm somehow semi-confident it will be fixed. But the bullet hole thing, that's the real no-brainer/no-sale for me. They've already stated they removed them on purpose, and now in the SU thread Ridgeback said he can see holes at 495m, so I'm just confused. Anyway, I'm guessing there will be at least one spot left if/when I try, and if so it will be mine, thanks though Mr. Jambo. :)

Just one hole! Just one hole! Say it with me people, let EW hear the din of our roar. Just one hole! :lol:
Ok Bird I went to loggers and tested out one of the bullseye targets and bear target. Shooting from the mat or from the range platform the bullseye target does show the bullet holes from impact from over 300m. Not shooting from the mat or range platform, the bullseye target does not show the bullet holes. The bear target does not show any bullet holes unless hitting the bullseye. My assumption is the animal targets are the ones that aren't going to show the bullet holes at long ranges. Ridgeback is correct the bullseye targets show the bullet holes but as long as shooting from a mat or range platform.
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

Your SU post got my attention in a big way, and so does this reversal of it lol. Beware; A little misinformation can go a long way! It might help others if you update your SU post, I'm pretty sure at least Ridgeback would want to know your findings, but that's on you. . For me it's cool, I appreciate you following up on your earlier statement, thanks. Pretty sure I will be attempting this drawing now, but still proceeding with my plan for it anyway. :lol:
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

J_Birdman wrote:Your SU post got my attention in a big way, and so does this reversal of it lol. Beware; A little misinformation can go a long way! It might help others if you update your SU post, I'm pretty sure at least Ridgeback would want to know your findings, but that's on you. . For me it's cool, I appreciate you following up on your earlier statement, thanks. Pretty sure I will be attempting this drawing now, but still proceeding with my plan for it anyway. :lol:
I think I am good on my original post but will clarify I am referring to the animal targets. I bought the black and red bundle. Since those have just the animal targets, that is what I based my SU post on. After reading your response about ridgeback and reading his post, I bought one bullseye target to figure out what he was talking about. I was surprised and glad that type of target did keep the bullet holes. So now I am curious why does the animal targets with bullet holes cause a fps drop but the other targets don't. I say go ahead and enter David's comp, so you can get some mats and bulleyes targets for the type of long distance ranging you are interested in. Also I think you will be happy if you chose to go ahead and pick up one mat and bullseye target now to practicing your ranging. I bought the colored accurate target because it had all the circles, but after using it, I think a target with less circles might have been better for ranging out the bullet drop.
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

I really don't get the bullet hole issue myself, as far as the why's and how's of bullet holes causing such lag as was mentioned in their Twitch stream a week ago. It makes me want to grab a friend or two and head to a shooting range and everyone go HAM on the targets while watching my fps. Science!

Thanks again for the follow-up, especially seeing that it required a purchase, you rock. If/when EW fixes the render range issue with them I will definitely be making some purchases of my own.
strandjutter
Scout

Post by strandjutter »

Mannaged to get my self lined up. thanks a lot David ! :D

Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

Entered. Many places left folks.
TROPICIEL3
Tracker

Post by TROPICIEL3 »

Just a moment ago I made registration in this draw, the prizes are notable for snipers and I congratulate the future winners, maybe fate will bring luck in the draw and ....
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Got my ticket, thanks David! :)
Image Image Image

Return to “Competitions”