Sniper's Heartbeat Competition.

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
VonStratos
Outfitter

Re: Sniper's Heartbeat Competition.

Post by VonStratos »

HonzoChu wrote:I'm a little confused as to how this works?

To one (of the) top 3 player(s) , a 2000EM$ will be given , for a rare Bull Moose .
This rare Moose needs to be in your last final submission, at the end of the comp .
(The lower position player will get it , in case of a tie .)
Rare being : Albino / Piebald / Melanistic .
This generous bonus is sponsored by none other than FR_Bugs . Thx a million my friend .

So this will only go to one of the top 3 hunters for the comp, but the "needs to be your final submission" is throwing me. Does this mean that you hold onto that expedition and submit it right before the end time for the comp? Meaning that the 90 min rule to submit expeditions is waved for the rare? OR, once submitted (within the 90 min rule) you are done with the comp and can not submit ant more expeditions?

Sorry if the answer to this is obvious to everyone. I'm still pretty new to theHunter and I'm trying to earn a little pocket change ;-)

Honzo

PS: Oh, and thank you to DYEUZ for hosting the comp, Tod and Dave for sponsoring, and FR_Bugs for this added bonus ;-)
I think it mean that the hunt with the rare must be your definitive entry, by example, you go and get a rare moose scoring160 at 300tms, =460 score for the competition and the possibility to get the rare bonus. But then you go again in a hunt and get a 220score common moose at 350mts giving you a 570 score for the comp, your chances to end in the top places are better but you loose the bonus if submit that last hunt.

Now i don't know if the rare must be the highest scoring moose in a hunt to be counted or just be in the hunt, because also can happen that you get in the same hunt a low scoring rare and a high common.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Radamus wrote:I think 450 will be a stretch. we don't get many opportunities for a 220 moose to begin with, so how far is one willing to gamble a monster? That will be the challenge. Going to be some heartbreak, that you can count on. ;)
We always seem to have folks manage to pull of incredible acts so will be fun to see how this one turns out!
DYEUZ wrote:Was thinking like you guys . After testing , i say maybe between 400@450 . Some will try that super long shot with their eyes close and legs crossed . Some might get it , who knows in this game .
Like Len said , those 200+ bull Moose are not standing in line at the gate , to come in . So, if you see one , what will you do ? go all in ? or reduce the distance and maybe get 360-380-400 score total ?
;)
This will all depend on the strategy one wants to try. But I absolutely see someone making 300-350 meter shots even if it is on lower scoring bulls. We all know that 150 scoring bulls are plentiful so I think 450-500 is not out of the question.
But it will come down to weapon choice as some of the Rifles we usually use on moose won't penetrate into the heart at that range yet others will have too much penetration and hit other organs.
Spoiler:
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Another thing is where to found the moose, in WRR you can find lots but its mostly plain in topography so getting a really long shoot whiteout using height its tricky, and even form high places due the position and size of the target a frontal shot seems the best approach and its hard to get that conditions, a good scoring bull+ long range + right angle to a clear shot, remember we cant hit nor even a bone, this comp gonna get some new moose in the leaderboard probably, but not all of them gonna count for the comp due hit in other organs i think.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Honzo, yes "needs to be your final submission" means it needs to be on the leaderboard when the comp ends. So, as explained, you will have a choice to make between if there is a conflict between the score & distance of your rare, and a better scoring moose.

Von Stratos, you will be submitting scoresheets for this comp, not expeditions, so you can choose to submit a lower scoring rare if you want to.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

:arrow: Honzo ... As Tod explained , you just need to have a rare Bull moose , on the leaderboard , at the end of the comp , to have a chance for the bonus .
It will go to top 3 finishers only , lowest scoring Bull in case of tie .
You don't hold your hunt until the end of the comp .
The 90 mins rule is not waved of for the bonus .
You can submit as many times as you want .

Hope this is clear now and don't hesitate to ask again if not or if you have other Qs .

tyvm

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

After further testing , i will lower my guess to 330@380 score .
Inside 150m , no big problem for me , but as soon as i try longer ,other organs get added to the heart .
Will keep testing different rifles. Bought the new long range scope and i can say that i'm not a big fan of the red color lines and imo, smaller lines should be under center , to help out in long distances , because its a really fine line at these distances .

FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

DYEUZ wrote:After further testing , i will lower my guess to 330@380 score .
Inside 150m , no big problem for me , but as soon as i try longer ,other organs get added to the heart .
Will keep testing different rifles. Bought the new long range scope and i can say that i'm not a big fan of the red color lines and imo, smaller lines should be under center , to help out in long distances , because its a really fine line at these distances .
I am thinking about raising my guess. ;)
Spoiler:
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

After many testing , here is a score :lol:

FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Post by HD_Artworks »

Good job, Serge! :)
But you have to try harder! :D

This comp is going to be a true challenge and fun!

After my latest try:
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/hd_a ... n/81479258
I noticed shooting at heart in +250m is going to be very hard! Not impossible, but it's hard! And I like it! :D
Season Stats
Spoiler:
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

:arrow: Hossein ... Wow ! Nice shooting in that hunt bro ! All hearts and couple added organs on some , but very good shooting none the less.

FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Return to “Competitions”