UHC APPS Hosted Competition requirements

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

UHC APPS Hosted Competition requirements

Post by JamboWhoDat »

Hey Guys, I didn't want to tie up the original UHC comp thread with this question. Yes I have read the UHC Comp template and understand what is available for requirements host want to state in their comp. I have been brain storming some ideas for comps, so I could get into the fun of hosting my own comp. In the new grand sneakathon comp found under multiple species section of the competition tab, they have these requirements listed:

"No blinds, stands, towers or shooting tripod rests allowed. No Scent Eliminators or Face Paint Allowed. Animals can not be baited, called or lured with scents or decoys. You are not permitted to bring anything with you except your chosen weapon in Weapon Slot 1 and respective ammunition in the corresponding ammo slot. No scopes allowed. All other weapon slots, equipment slots and backpack must be empty for a score to be counted. Any clothes can be used"

Is all this info (I know no stands and scopes are listed in UHC template) available to you guys when you do the hunting expedition checks? If so will it be possible to add these type of requirements to the UHC template? If it can be added that would be AWESOME because it gives the host more ways to think up new challenges.

Thanks is advance!!
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Re: UHC APPS Hosted Competition requirements

Post by Tod1d »

We can check "platform" (blind, stand, tower, tripod)
We can check whether an animal was baited, called or lured with scent (I need to add this to the template)
We can check if a scope was used in a hit. (we can't check a miss)

We can check inventory, but only at the time we check it, when you submit. We can't check what inventory was used in the hunt, or at the time of the kill.
We can't check whether scent eliminator or face paint was used
We can't check what you were wearing at the time of the shot, or throughout the hunt.

So, if you complete a hunt, and before exiting change clothes, clear out your weapons, etc... & exit. We would see the current state of the inventory. Not what you used in the hunt.

EW can use an in-game trigger to check requirements at the time of the harvest, shot, or death. We don't have that luxury, and can only check when you submit.

It's pretty much any information that is on the hunt summary or scoresheets, with a few extra things (SP/MP, etc..)
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Re: UHC APPS Hosted Competition requirements

Post by JamboWhoDat »

Thanks for the reply Tod1t. At least no bait, lures, and callers can be added to the template. Now we all can make some dedicated stalking comps to UHC.

Return to “Competitions”