Seven Shots

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: Seven Shots

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Nice one, Len! :)

The two brown bears were pretty decent too - but the rest of the spawn obviously was crap. :( Hemmeldal seems really deserted at the moment, but of course that's just our perception during the comp! :?
Image Image Image
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Hemm seems more deserted than other similar reserves like RFF imo, or maybe i just have bad luck there, every time i go after something there i found only ptarmigans, and when i go for ptarmigans...

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Lamphunter
Hunter

Post by Lamphunter »

Radamus wrote:Hate it when you have to throw one like this away
That's a beauty Len and indeed, it's a shame you can't use it for a better score!

I,on the other hand, totally blew this one, specially Hemmeldal and since i'll be away for a few days, i'll miss the rest of it.
Not that i would have had any chance to submit a decent score, but just for the fun of it... :D
I might give it another try before i go but more or less that's it for me.
So, good luck to all of you and have fun! :)
Thanks Tanngnjostr for hosting, Tod1d,David and all the rest who supported it!
Oh,and congrats to the winners of course! :)
Peace.
Rebeljohn2
Tracker

Post by Rebeljohn2 »

i was just at HHR , and seen plenty on this hunt but no trophy's , but on previous hunts the map seemed pretty deserted , any ways it was my last attempt and a crap one at that, got 2-3 more tries at PB, and one left on SC , give it my best and hope for nothing lol , well done to all hunters , mods, and supporters , cool comp and very tough as they should be ,, peace out... :)
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

I'm actually OK with Hemm, it has it's own habits. It's one of my favorite places to be honest and I think it's because I can see animals better. Most of it comes down to knowing where to look when you aren't finding. I've had the same thoughts- sometimes it seems barren and other times you don't know what to shoot first. The saving grace is, it's a small reserve really and using the high ground to spot lets you cover a lot of area quickly- and the new extended range makes it even easier. It's not hard to be able to spot 3 different bears in one spot when you'r where they like to go. But I saw plenty of stationary fox/bear/roe as normal. I think, you have to get out there and stir stuff up to get it moving and then it's not bad. If you go out and just sit in a tree- it's a drag- done it lots.

So this last hunt, I didn't even know this roe was NOT a 100% kill till I looked at the sheet- Makes no sense, dropped in on the spot broadside, standing still- Just assumed it was a good one- Then blew the hunt with a runner fox- at that point knew this wasn't the hunt but finished up on a moose, spotted min 200, 580-620kg Got him broadside and sure as hell intestine shot - another whisky tango foxtrot moment- got tired of waiting for him to die so quit, past my bedtime. But yea it started out good with a couple good bears and nice roe- even a 219 won't score that high in normalized scoring sadly.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Second and final weekend for the comp - I do see some great scores already even though I have to admit it seems to be harder and more frustrating than I anticipated.

A good job by "Faultier" not losing his head in the last 40 minutes of his final Hemmeldal attempt, getting a decent score despite the 99 roe deer and the 9% bonus too! Not bad considering his name is German for "sloth"! :) Good luck for tier 3 now!
Of course I also see some other good scores by Rudi, RB69 and Serge, with plenty of attempts left. And you never know if some other familiar names, like Mysen and Sebus, decide to become serious in the last two days.
Image Image Image
Rebeljohn2
Tracker

Post by Rebeljohn2 »

All in all i have had a wonderful time in all these comps , 3 cheers for all of the behind the scenes players who make all this possible. we have seen some leader board changes , players getting there game on , some lucky to receive a good spawn from EW , we have seen some great animals in this and the past comps , starting with the nice albino's - to the awesome NT , and the silver tip ( like how i threw my ST in this post lol ) , and all the others , outstanding work from all . awesome stuff ladies & gents . :)
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

This is really anyone's ballgame at this point. It's likely the top doesn't move much but with 10 laps to go a lot is possible. I am impressed by Faultier though, max bonus on 2 and lots of room for improvement on SC? .... And RB still holding the reins back on that horse- Yeah, there's going to be some bumping and banging at the finish. Lot of folks saving their tires for 2 to go.
This has been fun, I'm happy with the effort I've put in, had some nice moments with the virtual critters of the EHR, even used my dogs in a long time. Me and Poptart took a break to hunt some magpie's. Man, she's great. I tell her to fetch and she'l find ones I forgot about and when she's done, there's not more guarantee. Had a spot out in a big part of water a goose got stuck where I couldn't get anywhere close, 100m out in the water- So got her up and sent her on a trek. Then yesterday while on an attempt in PB, lost a rusa, could not find it- Pulled Nikki out and eventually she found it- The thing doubled back on me going past where I shot it. Craziest pathing I've ever seen.

Good comp Marc. I wasn't so sure about this thing at first, just didn't understand much about it and you know me, until it's time to go I would rather get stitches than read fine print and details. :lol: Mucho thanks for giving us 2 complete weekends. It gives us working folks a chance to catch up with the headliners :D
It's certainly a tough challenge, I don't feel the shortcomings, limitations and bugs of the game have had an impact. None of the challenges are impossible, the whole trick to it is combining a lot of tricks all into 1 act - This is where Faultier and Highplainsdrifter get high marks in my book for putting all of it together. That's a good job as we know trying to do the same.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

490 without bonuses is possible in tier 3 but I think 425-450 will win the tier and 1500+ to win overall.
Spoiler:
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Hemmeldal is not my area now i am sure, man i had a moose with a potential score of 210(quite decent imo) but he went all along a tree line not giving me a clear shot chance, so i tracked him in the longest moos tracking that i have done in the last years, when i finally reached him was surrounded by trees and 2 other moose about to spot me and crush me and almost no angle to shot, but i shot anyway because i was out of patience and this was already personal, well the shot went right into a tree that was covering their lungs and i didn't notice it due a graphic glitch + impatience(luckiest moose ever) so i had to keep tracking with one shot less for the comp and when finally found the thing in a clear... bingo

179 only but the satisfaction made me take a "special" trophy shot to celebrate, it was like Moby shorty, but this time Ahab won. 8-)

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."

Return to “Competitions”