Seven Shots

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Seven Shots

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Seven Shots
Don't lose count...!

A community competition hosted by Tanngnjostr and Ultimate Hunter Competitions (UHC Apps)
Cover picture by D3AKUs
Starts: Fri July 6th 2018, 1200 UTC
Ends: Mon July 16th 2018, 1200 UTC

Rules and Conditions

Rule #7: You have exactly seven shots per hunt. We don't care what you shoot. We don't care which weapon you use.* We don't care if you hit or miss... just make sure that you fire exactly seven shots during the hunt if you want to make it count!
* Actually there are some weapon restrictions in each tier, read below. ;)

Reserves: Hemmeldal, Piccabeen Bay, Settler Creeks
Game Mode: Single player only
Hunt duration: Up to 4 hours real time (per hunt), no minimum duration, 5 attempts per reserve

Permitted weapons: All ethical weapons and ammo allowed, certain restrictions apply to the tier objectives (see below).

Objectives / Scoring:
The competition is broken down into three tiers:
  • Tier 1 - Score - The combined normalized trophy scores (see below) of all animals harvested in one hunt on Hemmeldal. Shotguns must not be used. Ptarmigans only count if shot airborne.
  • Tier 2 - Weight - The combined normalized weights (see below) of all animals harvested in one hunt on Piccabeen Bay. Shotguns must not be used. Magpie geese only count if shot airborne.
  • Tier 3 - Distance - The combined distances of all animals shot with any shotgun while fleeing, harvested in one hunt on Settler Creeks. If an animal was shot multiple times, the shortest distance counts.
The overall score of a player will be the sum of his three tier scores at the end of the competition.

Normalized scores:
The score for each harvest in tier 1 will be normalized, based on the lowest possible score for that species and a reference score - one that constitutes a real trophy. The formula is:
Normalized score = (animal score - minimum score) / (reference score - minimum score) * 100

For example: The lowest possible score for a roe deer in the game is 25, the reference score for roe deer is 230. If you submit a roe deer scoring 190, it will contribute 80.49 normalized points to your tier score:
Normalized score = (190 - 25) / (230 - 25) * 100 = 80.49

It's possible to beat the reference score, thus having a normalized score > 100 for an animal. A roe deer scoring 245 would contribute 107.32 points to your tier score:
Normalized score = (245 - 25) / (230 - 25) * 100 = 107.32

To word it another way, the normalized score you are awarded for an animal is based on how that animal scores as a percentage of the gap between the lowest possible score and the reference score. Animals without a score (female roe deer and moose) will count as a normalized score of zero.

Tier 2 works in a similar way, but instead of minimum score and reference score, the formula will use the smallest possible weight and the highest possible weight for each species.

Reference scores:
The reference scores used for tier 1 are as follows: reindeer = 600, roe deer = 230, moose = 220, red fox = 31, brown bear = 28, willow ptarmigan = 750.
The minimum scores, minimum weights and maximum weights used in the formula are the official numbers which UHC got from EW, but which can't be published. Use your experience to determine which animals are worth shooting! ;)

Bonus points:
A hunt will receive a bonus if certain requirements are met:
  • a 1% bonus if at least seven animals were harvested.
  • a 3% bonus if all harvested animals were hit into at least one lung and/or the heart. Other organs may be hit.
  • a 5% bonus if all harvested animals died with zero wound time.
Those points are cumulative and will be applied to the score of your hunt. So if you submit a hunt with seven animals, all with lung shots, you'll receive a 4% bonus to your score. If you submit just four animals but all of those were shot in the heart, you'll receive a 8% bonus (3% for heart shot and 5% for zero wound time).

Animals that were not shot within the rules of this competition (e.g. birds on the ground) are not scored and not considered for the bonus objectives. You can still get a bonus with the "legally shot" animals of the same hunt.

Attempts:
Participants have 5 attempts on each of the reserves on which one of the tiers of this competition takes place (Hemmeldal, Piccabeen Bay, Settler Creeks). After the competition starts and you are enrolled, any single player hunt you start in any of those reserves which lasts longer than 60 seconds will automatically count towards your 5 attempts for that reserve. Score submissions are unlimited, but any expedition you submit will completely replace the previous entry in the respective tier. Submissions can only be your most recently completed hunt. You cannot go back and post a higher score from several hunts back.

Expedition requirements:
  • The expedition summary must show exactly seven shots fired, all weapons combined.
  • Hunts must begin after the comp starts, and end before the comp ends.
  • Hunts must be submitted within two hours of hunt ending (no sandbagging).
  • Hunts must not be longer than 4 hours real time. There is no minimum hunt duration in this competition.
  • Only SP hunts are allowed in this competition. MP hunts will thus not be reduced from your attempts.
Registration - REGISTER HERE / JOIN UHC HERE
Registration is required prior to beginning a hunt from which scores are submitted. Participants can register right up until the end of the competition.

In order to participate in this competition, you need to be a member of UHC Apps. Membership is free and the site offers a lot of good content - competitions, missions, prize draws, statistics and more. Please support me by joining UHC Apps via my referral link - JOIN UHC HERE

Scoresheet - SCORESHEET HERE
Participants must submit their competition entries using the expedition link.

Leaderboard - LIVE LEADERBOARD HERE
The leaderboards for this competition will be updated in real time. Please use the link above to keep track of the competition.

Prizes
1st place overall: 3000 em$
2nd place overall: 2000 em$
3rd place overall: 1000 em$

Tier winners: 1000 em$ (for each tier)

Trophies
Novelty high resolution trophies (unofficial trophies which do not appear on theHunter website) will be issued to the top three finishers and to the winners of each tier. These trophies were created by UHC site owner caledonianblues and will bear the winners' names. Click on the spoiler tag to see a preview.
Spoiler:
Podium Trophies
1st - Gold | 2nd - Silver | 3rd - Bronze
Tier Trophies
Tier 1 - Scores | Tier 2 - Weights | Tier 3 - Distances
* The ammunition depicted in the tier trophies is not indicative of tier rules, simply for the purposes of variation
Questions?
Please feel free to ask on this forum thread, or send me a private message.

Errors & Bugs
If you find an error in this thread, or a bug with the competition system, please send me a private message.

Conditions
I reserve the right to modify the rules and terms of this competition at any time between the date and time of this post, and the start of the competition. I also reserve the right to cancel this competition at any time.
UHC and competition hosts reserve the right to disqualify any participant at their discretion for any reason, including but not limited to: cheating, unsportsmanlike conduct, harassment, et. al.
Discrepancies & ambiguities in the rules or scoring site will be addressed by UHC or the competition host as expediently as possible.

"Then, shalt thou count to seven. No more. No less. Seven shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be seven.
Eight shalt thou not count, nor either count thou six, excepting that thou then proceed to seven. Nine is right out.
Once the number seven, being the seventh number, be reached, then, submittest thou thy Holy Hunt on UHC towards thy competitors, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it."

(loosely based on Monthy Python and the Holy Grail)
vortex1957
Tracker

Re: Seven Shots

Post by vortex1957 »

Sounds intriguing :? I'm in (if time allows)
RudiRR
Scout

Post by RudiRR »

Sounds intresting.
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Hmmm you caught my interest!

stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Is this going to take place on the 7th reserve added to the EHR? ;)

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

stancomputerhunter wrote:Is this going to take place on the 7th reserve added to the EHR? ;)
I'm not yet 100% sure about the exact objectives and reserves, but it's definitely not going to be Rougarou Bayou, that's for sure. ;)

Expect me to add the R.O.E. in the next two weeks. I hope to see many of you... more than seven at least! :P
Image Image Image
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Seven shots, from seven weapons? Whatever it is, lookin' forward to your ROE. 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

I'm aboard the hype train! Choo-choo!

I might me forgetting about something, but I think the only reserves with 7 critters are LP and VdB (that is, not counting RB, which you said is not gonna happen for sure).

EDIT: Dang it, forgot about that one reserve I never hunt at. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Spoiler:
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Post by HD_Artworks »

Another competion by Marc.
Good job buddy.
Can't wait to see more updates... :)
And good job D3AKUs for the cover picture. :)
Season Stats
Spoiler:
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

I am sure it will be something with a bit of a challenge and am patiently awaiting further info :!:
Spoiler:

Return to “Competitions”