Seven Shots

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
Radamus
Master Hunter

Re: Seven Shots

Post by Radamus »

VonStratos wrote:179 only but the satisfaction made me take a "special" trophy shot to celebrate, it was like Moby shorty, but this time Ahab won. 8-)
But you didn't let him whoop you :D - YOu know, you are so right on when it comes to the discipline and attention to every tiny detail and not being impatient. That's how I lost a decent moose last night, the last one I needed. I knew I was close on time (actually ended up running over by almost 2 minutes) but the damn thing wouldn't die with an intestine shot, bet I watched him for 30minutes - long after he SHOULD have at least layed down but never happened. I was so mad I just quit but I had already sunk the hunt so didn't care.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Yeah its feel frustrating watch the animal and wait for the right moment, but sometimes it put your patience in a serious test, when i made that hasty shot in the tree (something i almost never do)i was about to be run over by a couple of small "acolytes" of this one, and i was run over twice by female moose before during this hunt, normally i heal myself right there and shoot back at the thing, but seven shots are seven shots and i take seriously when i am in a comp, so i had to swallow my pride and carry on, but next week...oh next week its payback time on the moose, my new El Toro will be let loose xD

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
RudiRR
Scout

Post by RudiRR »

I finished. More time I do not have to hunt. today I am beginning family celebrations and dances. Two whole days. so ... GREAT GROUNDING for Tanngnjostr. A very nice idea.limited number of trials and limited hunting time is a good idea for me. The stricter the rules and the more difficult the more attractive the competition. More joy from a successful attempt. Congratulations for future winners.
Faultier
Hunter

Post by Faultier »

I can only agree to what has been said before ... very unique and diverse competition , had lots of fun taking part in it.
thanks for the flowers :oops: even if i am not 100% happy with my last hemmeldal attempt. It started real good with a nice bear but then all i found worth shooting were mediocre reindeers but in return a lot of them .Almost ran out of time in the end so i had to take whatever comes my way , so the last 2 animals ended up beeing a bit small.Still quite happy with the overall outcome.
I´m surprised to see the pbb attempt i submitted the first day of the comp is still in lead :o
and as feared i lost track of my attempts on Settlers and can`t really say if i can improve on the lousy 117m , I´m gonna try and see if i can submit it.
And now that Tanngnjostr revealed my secret identity ,i`m gonna have to change my avatar accordingly :lol:

ps. @VonStratos nice Trophyshoot with the Moose hehe
Stats
Spoiler:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Faultier wrote:and as feared i lost track of my attempts on Settlers and can`t really say if i can improve on the lousy 117m , I´m gonna try and see if i can submit it.
I just noticed it. You had 5 or 6 more attempts on SC after you submitted your first entry, so if all of them were SP you're probably not able to improve. :?

Haha, great avatar! :)
Image Image Image
Faultier
Hunter

Post by Faultier »

Football is starting a bit earlier than usual today so i gave up to see Belgium vs England (at least some kind of excuse :P )
still not too sad about my bad entry in tier 3 as i came across this weird looking cow :)
Spoiler:
someone completly forgot to put some colour on this one :lol:
Stats
Spoiler:
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Hey guys, maybe this is a little off topic, but something that happened twice while i was tracking that last moose is that track domes disappeared just in front my eyes when i got close, and not they wont showed again when i move myself far from the place (like the domes in a dead animal) they simply went poof, and i couldn't even click them, i remember hearing of that bug very long ago, but wasn't it fixed? does someone had that bug recently too?

ImageImage
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

VonStratos wrote:Hey guys, maybe this is a little off topic, but something that happened twice while i was tracking that last moose is that track domes disappeared just in front my eyes when i got close, and not they wont showed again when i move myself far from the place (like the domes in a dead animal) they simply went poof, and i couldn't even click them, i remember hearing of that bug very long ago, but wasn't it fixed? does someone had that bug recently too?
this is an old one and intermittent. I have seen it only one time and very long ago. I didn't know it was still a possibility to happen. I'm not positive but I think it happened to me on RFF but it seems well more than a year, maybe 2 ago? Before TGT even. So did you find the moose?
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Yes, it was while i was tracking the big one that i took that trophy shot, and now i just came back from a hunt for tier 3, i had to let go a female deer that got a shot in a leg, she wasn't dying anywhere soon, so one animal less(and Doc wrath), but got 3 rabbits at least.

ImageImage
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Radamus wrote:
VonStratos wrote:Hey guys, maybe this is a little off topic, but something that happened twice while i was tracking that last moose is that track domes disappeared just in front my eyes when i got close, and not they wont showed again when i move myself far from the place (like the domes in a dead animal) they simply went poof, and i couldn't even click them, i remember hearing of that bug very long ago, but wasn't it fixed? does someone had that bug recently too?
this is an old one and intermittent. I have seen it only one time and very long ago. I didn't know it was still a possibility to happen. I'm not positive but I think it happened to me on RFF but it seems well more than a year, maybe 2 ago? Before TGT even. So did you find the moose?
Indeed this is happening again. I noticed it on WRR & RFF. Haven't seen it on SC, then again I have only visited it thrice, maybe....shootin' fleeing critters with a shot-gun, crazy stuff that is. Good comp so far. It sure points out what a fella needs to sharpen up on. With 16 hrs left, I wonder how much the board will change, if at all? ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.

Return to “Competitions”