The Masters of the EHR - 2018

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
HonzoChu
Tracker

Re: The Masters of the EHR - 2018

Post by HonzoChu »

I need help!!

I just did my first round for this comp (yep, I'm starting later ;-). I just tried to submit my first hole ( https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/honz ... n/81316520 ) and the scoresheet that reads the expedition is showing 2 shots on a feral goat (I took one at 288.7) claiming I took to many hits. And then at the bottom it says that I didn't hole out and is trying to give me a score of 10 strokes. The hole is 460. 1st shot feral goat at 288.7 leaving 171.3. 2nd shot on a feral hog at 172.97 leaving 1.67 (outside the hole by 0.17). I then quit the hunt as the 1.67 distance should be a gimme. For a total of 3 strokes for the first hole.

I haven't submitted the hunt yet, hoping to get some answers here. Did I do something wrong (and have to use a mulligan for this hunt?) or is there something wrong with the scoresheet? Do I need to wait a certain amount of time before submitting the hunt ( I submitted within 15 minutes after the hunt).

This is my first competition here.

Any help/suggestions would be a big help to me. (Hoping Tod aka: Tod1d can reply to this ;-) Thanks for any help.

Honzo
HonzoChu
Tracker

Post by HonzoChu »

Ohhhhhhh….

I just saw this going over the rules again to see if I missed something, and I guess I did,
"Update - 22May18
With the release of the new extended render range, I've added a maximum distance for shots.
Any shot over 237m will be a "Shot + distance" penalty. i.e. the shot will count toward your strokes, but the distance will be 0. (same as a 2nd shot on an animal)"

But, I don't understand why this would be scored a 10 vice a 4 (shot on goat + to long a shot 1 shot penalty, 1 shot on hog, 1 gimme = 4 strokes)?

Thanks again. I guess I will take this one as a mulligan and start my 1st hole over. Sorry for the bother....

Honz
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

Tod1d wrote:
J_Birdman wrote:I was already out of the running after bogeying Hole #3 last night, but I just maxed out a hole due to incompetence. My first shot on Hole #4 was 196m with a rifle. Wrong club, woops. From there I played it like shanking a drive into water; took the penalty and re-hit from the tee. Apparently, nope, wrong! Lol, was a bit surprised to see the scoresheet evaluator report that the hole was still in progress with after that first mis-clubbing and all of my remaining ranges/shots were thus miscalculated and completely off. My own dumb mistake for not referring to the rule book! :lol:

I'm gonna finish this course out because this is just damn good fun. Tod1d, you created a Masterspiece, thank you for creating and hosting this really thoughtful competition. Good luck, remaining contenders!
Your 1st 2 shots were OK. It was the 3rd shot that would have been a penalty for using the rifle, and put you 168.6m past the hole.

The only penalties that are "Stroke & Distance" are a 2nd shot on an animal, and the new rule: a shot over 237m

So your score of 10 was just for not holing out.
Yeah, I see this now, thank you.

This is the rule I should have been looking at, had I double-checked the RoE as I should have when I made what I thought was an illegal shot. I would have discovered that I, in fact, have been playing incorrectly from the start. I thought each rifle shot had to be 200m+, I thought every handgun shot had to be 75m+, with bow being legal at any distance.

"NOTE: Weapon requirement is based on remaining distance to the hole. If you have 210m remaining, and use a rifle & make a 140m shot, that's OK."

Either way I screwed up, but it's all good, I was playing Caddyshack rules; "Minimum one mixed drink or two beers per hole." Plus I just aced Hole #6 so I'm a happy golfer hunter. :)

Edit: ..wait, that sounds bad ..happy hunter golfer*
sebusmalinowski
Tracker

Post by sebusmalinowski »

Hello. I have a small question what these small numbers mean, in my case (2,0,0,0,0). Thank you for your answer. Regards.
JaggyBunnet
Tracker

Post by JaggyBunnet »

Hi guys, I play the game on steam. I started the competition late and just completed the first hole, but I'm having a problem logging into thehunter.com to get the scoresheet, (and the timer is ticking.) There is no log in facility on the main page, and I've also tried to get to my profile page directly via the url, but no joy. After the game update, I cleared the game and launcher cache, also my internet browser, as I was having trouble viewing the new store items. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, Thanks !
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

sebusmalinowski wrote:Hello. I have a small question what these small numbers mean, in my case (2,0,0,0,0). Thank you for your answer. Regards.
In the beginning these numbers showed the number of harvests in the hunt, but that seems to be broken now.
Image Image Image
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

The small numbers in the lower right corner are the "putts" (shots with bow + gimmes). They were broken, but I fixed them. However, any that were entered before I fixed it still show up wrong. They are only for breaking a tie, so if there's a tie I will have to update them or just check them manually
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Tod1d wrote:The small numbers in the lower right corner are the "putts" (shots with bow + gimmes). They were broken, but I fixed them. However, any that were entered before I fixed it still show up wrong. They are only for breaking a tie, so if there's a tie I will have to update them or just check them manually
Ah sorry, I looked at the numbers in the first days of the competition and assumed it was the number of harvests. So they didn't break during the comp, they got fixed. Sorry, Tod! :oops:
Image Image Image
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

JaggyBunnet wrote:Hi guys, I play the game on steam. I started the competition late and just completed the first hole, but I'm having a problem logging into thehunter.com to get the scoresheet, (and the timer is ticking.) There is no log in facility on the main page, and I've also tried to get to my profile page directly via the url, but no joy. After the game update, I cleared the game and launcher cache, also my internet browser, as I was having trouble viewing the new store items. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, Thanks !
If you are not logged in and go to http://www.thehunter.com, it should say, "Already a member? SIGN IN" at the upper right

If you go to http://signup.thehunter.com/landing.html#/start, You have to click on "I am already a hunter" under the "Download" button
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
JaggyBunnet
Tracker

Post by JaggyBunnet »

Tod1d wrote:If you are not logged in and go to http://www.thehunter.com, it should say, "Already a member? SIGN IN" at the upper right

If you go to http://signup.thehunter.com/landing.html#/start, You have to click on "I am already a hunter" under the "Download" button
Thanks for the quick reply Tod, I was looking for that link in the upper right hand corner, but for whatever reason it's not there, and that's how I would usualy log in. I've tried 3 different browsers and it doesn't appear in either of them. I also tried to open the sign up page via the url you posted, but it times out. This is also the case when I try the sign up page through a google search.
I managed a work around for now though. I opened my profile page on a tablet which still had my log in saved, and managed to get the hunt url from there. I would love to get the log in link back though. Thanks again !

Ok, I tried the link again after submiting this post and it worked,the page seems to load as normal and I can see the link. After I click on the link however, I see the text "theHunter.com" with the avalanche studios and E.W. logos underneath and nothing else, so nowhere to actualy sign in.

Just thought I would mention this in case there is a problem not specific to my computer.

Return to “Competitions”