The Masters of the EHR - 2018

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Re: The Masters of the EHR - 2018

Post by DYEUZ »

Whatever anybody says , in the way they want to say it , the ones with some holes already made are in a disadvantage , period . Whether you want to see it or not .
Go and do what you have to do guys . Good luck .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

DYEUZ wrote:Whatever anybody says , in the way they want to say it , the ones with some holes already made are in a disadvantage , period . Whether you want to see it or not .
Go and do what you have to do guys . Good luck .
If those starting later have an advantage, it's so negligible that it won't matter. With the max limit in place there will be no advantage that will affect scores.
Again, the only advantage I see is being able to find animals a little quicker. which will only save some time, and not improve their chance of making a better score.
They will still have to maneuver to make the precise distance shots.
If you believe there is an additional advantage, then you'll have to explain it better because I just don't see it.

--------------------

I've removed the check that gives the "You don't have enough attempts left" message, so those that were playing several holes before submitting can now enter their scores.
You still only get 2 mulligans, so make sure you don't go over 11 hunts before entering your last hole.

I fixed the bonus indicator on the leaderboard for the hole-in-ones

And I added the 237m max distance. I'll update the first post to explain it.

Distance Limitation:
  • Update - 22May18
    With the release of the new extended render range, I've added a maximum distance for shots.
  • Any shot over 237m will be a "Shot + distance" penalty. i.e. the shot will count toward your strokes, but the distance will be 0. (same as a 2nd shot on an animal)
I've realized that implementing a random distance won't work, since you won't know the distance until you submit the hunt. That could result in a score of 10 if the final distance is more than 10m away from the hole. (failure to hole out). So, the most logical thing to do is just make sure that all shots have the same max limit that was inherently imposed by the 220m render distance.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

The reason we were trying to show that a 240m shot was possible, thus wanting the cap made at 240m, was so we all had an opportunity for eagle on hole 7. Although you think capping it at 237m should not make a difference because it is only a couple meters, you just took away that chance at eagle. We shared in the forum that the 240m shot was possible so everyone in the comp had the same opportunity of finding a spot (although I admit after the new render this will become easy) and making that shot. There was no guarantee we could have got an eagle. Out of the three practice shots we took at pigs, only once were we able to get the shot. For the other two shots, one the pig ended up outside the 1.5m deviation and the other was a miss because the pig turned, so just like that we were a stroke behind and would have missed the eagle. I am going to sit this one out and wait for the next golf tournament using the new render. This was a great idea and look forward to the next one.
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

It is a real shame that the players that have taken the time to plan their strategy and setup their holes to be able to make the 240 M shot have been made the "target" of a rule change.

There is no rule that says that a driver, iron, and putter has to be used on every or any hole. Making the change due to the render update is understandable, but targeting those that can make the 240 M shot is just wrong, any way you stack it.
Spoiler:
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Anyone that can make a 240m shot was a "target" from the initial design & the rule change only brought it to light.

Hole 7 was designed to be just out of eagle range. And the course / comp was designed to prevent the need to find the elevation sweet spot to get the absolute longest shot on the reserve. I used 237.1m as the longest possible shot because that was the longest shot I could find. Had I known that 240m was possible, I would have just made hole 7 725m and eliminated the need for anyone to find highest long shot spot.

No one has eagled #7, so it's not really unfair, is it?
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

I am not going to get into fair and unfair.This rule change stopped some for catching up and saved others from being caught up to or passed as it did not only effect hole 7 but also hole 9 but as I said earlier what ever you decide would be fine with me. It was a fun comp and I look forward to it next year if you do it again.

Someone started talk about unsportsmanlike conduct! all I have to say to that is people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
Spoiler:
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Stop being hypocrites guys . If you have something to say to me , say it . I'm the one that brought that up .
If you guys like rules being changed in an already ongoing comp, fine by me ! I don't have to like it .

FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

I didn't know who brought it up I just know I saw it motioned more than a few times so it was not directed to any one person but The act of calling others bad sportsman is in it self unsportsmanlike.
Which now makes guilty of the same thing.
Spoiler:
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

I apologized to Tod and will do it to you guys also . About being impulsive and having different opinions than most , i'm sorry i stirred some sh.it in here .
I still stand behind what i've said though .

FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

You don't have to apologize to me man. We all know how you get :lol: and in the end this is just a game.
Spoiler:

Return to “Competitions”