The Masters of the EHR - 2018

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
Radamus
Master Hunter

Re: The Masters of the EHR - 2018

Post by Radamus »

stancomputerhunter wrote:it doesn't matter if you're going to use the weight instead of the distance. ;)
Right! You know how it is- garbage in, garbage out :D OK cool, so It's going to be tough but I want to see this one through, pretty cool one!
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
JaggyBunnet
Tracker

Post by JaggyBunnet »

I made the mistake of enrolling in the comp, before setting up a tower I had planned on locating before starting. Just in case anyone tries to spawn at a tent, and place a tower before the game time exceeds 1 minute, don't try it. I did, I even timed my game with a stop watch as soon as it finished loading......45 seconds, however the game time stats say it lasted 1min 30 secs. Looks like I just wasted a mulligan. How can the game timer be so far off ?
vortex1957
Tracker

Post by vortex1957 »

Well, I just finished this comp. A great comp Tod1d. Had a lot of emotions, anger at myself for stupid mistakes, happiness when I got par or 1 under (didn't happen very often :lol: :lol: ). I hope this becomes an annual event, (even thou it kicked my butt :oops: ) and hopefully get a better score next time. Again, a great competition ;) . Oh, one accomplishment, I got on the leader board for a feral goat scoring 343.2
Last edited by vortex1957 on May 21st, 2018, 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

JaggyBunnet wrote:How can the game timer be so far off ?
The timer starts then second you launch the game, so it includes the loading time before you even get into the game.
JaggyBunnet
Tracker

Post by JaggyBunnet »

caledonianblues wrote:[q
The timer starts the second you launch the game, so it includes the loading time before you even get into the game.
Thanks for the reply David, my caddy should have known that. On the bright side, having only one mulligan, should hopefully make me think carefully about my shots.
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

There's a pretty big wrench about to be dropped into the works, with the new improved render range being released on Wednesday, wow. I'm wishing I hadn't completed Hole #1 this morning, as more range would have made getting an eagle fairly easy.(by the way Ridgeback, nice finish there!) I'm contemplating saving the rest of the course until Wednesday now, but to say I'm hesitant about it would be a huge understatement. We all know that every single new release comes with a bite, it's just a matter of how big. New releases also often have side-effect bugs, sometimes in places of the game one would never imagine. Thinking about the aftermath of introducing something like increased render range makes me more than a little nervous, to say the least. I truly do not know which way to go; wait until Wednesday and then rush to finish the course before the comp ends on Friday, or rush now to get them all done by Wednesday in fear of the bugs that may or may not come with it and/or have any impact on this comp. Interesting dilemma, for everyone in this comp, for sure. Regardless of any bugs, there's fourteen players who have already posted numbers in this comp. My first instinct is to say "ouch", but who knows what will happen. We may all be saying "ouch" before the week is done. Or maybe Tod1d just pulls the plug on this comp for a "do-over" later. :?
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Yeah, increasing render distance came at the worst time if you've already posted scores in this competition. Let's see how Tod handles this. :?

But as J_Birdman said, it's absolutely possible that the game has major issues after the patch. Despite the happines in the SU thread, let's be realistic: the game could be unplayable for a few weeks. I keep my fingers crossed...
Image Image Image
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

The new render would have made it more of a challenge simply because no one would know where the maximum distance could be obtained on any map since it would all be new. But yes unfair to those who have posted scores already. I will push on either way so what ever Tod does is fine with me.
Spoiler:
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

Thought I'd figure some things out and share..

If this comp continues as is, this would be a realistic finish(IMO) for anyone who doesn't post a single hole until Wednesday after render range is increased, and this would probably be accomplished by more than one player..

Using myself as an example, I would pretty much be out of this comp already, with only one hole currently completed and standing at score of -1. My only hope would be that a) I finish out the course with a -2 on all remaining eight holes, AND b) that three or more players do not end up in a tie with a total score of -18, which I personally believe has a strong chance of occurring. I say this IF more players intend to post scores for this comp before it ends. Currently there are 41 participants, with only 14 scores on the leaderboard. With Ridgeback's eagle on Hole #1, the other 13 players are already out of the running to reach a -18 total score, while the remainder who haven't posted a score yet are the only ones who can. Again, I'm just using myself as an example. Every single player who posts a score in this comp will be/has already been affected by the coming increase in render range if this comp continues as is. This is all just food for thought, I'll personally abide by any ruling made by Tod1d.

What a bittersweet release!
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Another way would be to end the comp before the release of the new render distance.
Spoiler:

Return to “Competitions”